Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Custom build - X3 firmware quesiton
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
doug.xtremevisi
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi all

Hoping someone can help me with this. I have a custom built drone, Im running the N3 flight controller, Lightbridge 2 and X3 gimbal/camera.

Im connecting the X3 via the Matrice 600 X3 mounting bracket

Everything seems to be working ok, but within the Go app Im getting a warning saying I need to upgrade the gimbal/camera firmware.

Its not clear where I should get the firmare from or how to upgrade it.

I tried this method for the Matrice 600 , downloaded the firmware (Zenmuse X3 Firmware for Matrice 600), unzipped it and placed the BIN file onto my SD card.

I insert the SD card into the camera and power on the gimbal (with LB turned off), but nothing happens, it does not start the firmware upgrade proceedure.

Im not sure if thats even the correct firmware.. but I havent been able to find any info online to guide me further so hoping someone can help?

Thank you in advance

H
2017-2-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Since you're technically not using a M600, that firmware package won't work. Since using the X series cameras on a DIY rig is technically a mod, I don't believe DJI will supply a firmware update package for your kind of set up. The only methods to update the X3 is via an I1, M100, OSMO or M600/Pro. If you have a local dealer, they can generally help you with the upgrade process if you don't have any of those other set ups available. Sending the X3 to DJI for an update is possible, but a dealer or a friend with one of those set ups would most likely provide a more immediate solution.
2017-2-7
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-7 14:07
Since you're technically not using a M600, that firmware package won't work. Since using the X series cameras on a DIY rig is technically a mod, I don't believe DJI will supply a firmware update package for your kind of set up. The only methods to update the X3 is via an I1, M100, OSMO or M600/Pro. If you have a local dealer, they can generally help you with the upgrade process if you don't have any of those other set ups available. Sending the X3 to DJI for an update is possible, but a dealer or a friend with one of those set ups would most likely provide a more immediate solution.

Thanks for the reply. So to confirm IF I purchase a OSMO (cheapest option), I can upgrade the X3 firmware for my custom build?

What firmware would I need to upgrade to?
2017-2-9
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-7 14:07

Thanks for the reply. So to confirm IF I purchase a OSMO (cheapest option), I can upgrade the X3 firmware for my custom build?

What firmware would I need to upgrade to (and where can I download it)?

PS does that mean I could purchase a OSMO and use the black camera/gimbal on my drone?

Thanks in advance!
H
2017-2-9
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Yes you can use an OSMO to upgrade the camera, I bought the handle only kit as you can't use the black one on any drone.
So:
- If you buy the handle only it will work without any problem and it's cheaper.
- You can, if you want, buy the full pack OSMO that has a camera, you will be able to upgrade your white X3 but the black one will ONLY work on the OSMO hande.

Hope it helps.
2017-2-9
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Robin UAV Posted at 2017-2-9 13:38
Yes you can use an OSMO to upgrade the camera, I bought the handle only kit as you can't use the black one on any drone.
So:
- If you buy the handle only it will work without any problem and it's cheaper.

It does thanks ;)

BUT which firmware do I use? Matrice 600? Inspire?

Its not clear.

H
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Hazardpro1 Posted at 2017-2-9 15:20
It does thanks ;)

BUT which firmware do I use? Matrice 600? Inspire?

Robin hit the nail on the head. You would use the OSMO firmware via the OSMO download section. That's the easiest way to find it if that's the route you choose.
2017-2-9
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-9 16:10
Robin hit the nail on the head. You would use the OSMO firmware via the OSMO download section. That's the easiest way to find it if that's the route you choose.

so you would use the OSMO firmware even though you will not be using it on the OSMO?
2017-2-9
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hazardpro1 Posted at 2017-2-9 16:28
so you would use the OSMO firmware even though you will not be using it on the OSMO?

Yep, you can use the OSMO firmware.
2017-2-10
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Robin UAV Posted at 2017-2-10 01:25
Yep, you can use the OSMO firmware.

Can or should?

Sorry for being pedantic but I need to understand the logic behind this process. A few more questions:

Do I 'need' to use Osmo firmware?

Could I use the Matrice or Inspire firmware?

Whats the difference?

Why do I need to have a Osmo, Matrice or Inspire in order to update the firmware surely the X3 should be able to update firmware regardless to the devise its attached to?

Im using the Matrice 600 mounting bracket, so wouldn't that mean I need the Matrice firmware? How does the X3 know its not connected to the 600 - does it in some way talk to the Matrice whilst it upgrades the firmware?
2017-2-10
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

You should. When you install the X3 in the OSMO you will have to install the OSMO firmware and that should work with any device. My X3 for example works just fine with my OSMO, Inspire 1, S900 and the firmware was installed on the Inspire 1. Some time ago I installed the firmware with the X3 connected to the OSMO and again everything worked out just fine on all my devices.
2017-2-10
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks Robin

That's the answer I was after and to confirm I have now done just that and it seems to be working thanks for your help

H
2017-2-10
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Don't mention it mate. Happy to help, by the way...where in the UK are you flying?
2017-2-10
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Sussex south coast
2017-2-10
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Cool, not very far from me. Kent!
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Hazardpro1 Posted at 2017-2-10 14:09
Thanks Robin

That's the answer I was after and to confirm I have now done just that and it seems to be working  thanks for your help

Good to hear that's sorted.
2017-2-10
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-10 16:20
Good to hear that's sorted.

Out of interest - would I have the same issues with the Z3 camera? Could I update firmward on that via a custom build drone or the OSMO?
2017-2-11
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Yes, it's the same with the Z3 camera, you still need an OSMO, Inspire 1, etc to update.
2017-2-11
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

So I can use a osmo to update a z3?

Didn't think a z3 worked on the osmo?
2017-2-11
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

The Z3 works on OSMO.
2017-2-12
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hey Robin - have you actually tested it? Says on DJI website the Z3 is not compatible with the OSMO? Just want to be sure before I buy one
2017-2-12
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hazardpro1 Posted at 2017-2-12 12:56
Hey Robin - have you actually tested it? Says on DJI website the Z3 is not compatible with the OSMO? Just want to be sure before I buy one

Hey mate, yep I did. I don't have it anymore to show you exactly but here is clip where you can see clearly that it works.
2017-2-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Hazardpro1 Posted at 2017-2-12 12:56

It has been recently updated to support the Z3, unfortunately the FAQ has not been updated yet to reflect that. The release notes, however, do notify of its compatibility.
2017-2-13
Use props
pratik12
lvl.1

India

Hi,Did your X3 Camera output video to the DJI Go App?
2019-3-12
Use props
pratik12
lvl.1

India

Hi,Did your X3 Camera output video to the DJI Go App?
2019-3-12
Use props
pratik12
lvl.1

India

Hi,
I am facing a similar problem. My Gimbal is limp. The DJI Go App says Gimbal Disconnected. I have attached the video cable to the gimbal port on air system and the attitude cable to CAN port on the GPS CAN port. Also what supply voltage have you provided to the M600 x seried gimbal adapter?

Did your X3 Camera output video to the DJI Go App?

Please help me out with this issue.

Thanks,
Pratik
2019-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules