Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Aircraft Disconnected DJI GO 4 app.
1234Next >
42012 122 2017-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PatientPlaya
lvl.1
Flight distance : 512260 ft
Canada

Does anyone else receive an Aircraft disconnected error? I have not had a problem like this at all, but in my last 2 or 3 flights, I have received this at least once. I have been 3 ft from the Mavic and had this happen, I have also had this happen far away, fortunately all times, I was within LOS. The Aircraft disconnected only effects the display on my phone, the remote itself still has full functionality and controls the Mavic with no issues.

I have tried hovering in front of me, closing the app and re-opening it, but this does not solve the issue. I need to land, turn off the controller (not the aircraft) and when i turn the controller it re-establishes connection and the DJI GO 4 app launches and everything is back to normal.

I'm not sure what the issue is. Every time i was doing high wind tests so not sure if the constant warnings caused the issues or what not. I am atleast confident even if i wasn't LOS that i can still get the Mavic back since the controller does have full functionality, but it shouldn't do that....

Anyways just something I have been having issues with. Other than that everything works great.

Running latest firmware, and Samsung S6.
2017-2-5
Use props
rick39
Second Officer
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

A lot of people have had this issue with DJI go4 and reports show it's more prevalent using an Android device. A search on these forums will soon show you how many have reported as such.
DJI go4 had an update for IOS over the weekend and I hope there's going to be one to follow for Android shortly. Whether it cures the problem only time will tell.
As an aside, you shouldn't have the Mavic powered on without the controller activated; you can reload the app on your phone and it should reconnect to the controller. Having the Mavic powered up without binding to your controller leaves it open to the unlikely event of interference from rogue signals and should be avoided.
2017-2-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, have you tried to change another original usb cable to test?
2017-2-6
Use props
Angelo26
Second Officer
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

I do have some bad experiences with DJI GO 4 as well on my Sony Xperia Z Ultra.

And YES, Mindy, I checked all cables and the cables work well with DJI GO 3 and also with DJI GO 4. It´s DJI GO 4 which is the problem !

Since DJI announced discontinued support for DJI GO 3 by February I installed DJI GO 4 (and YES, I did everything for a CLEAN install: uninstalled DJI GO 3, ran a professional cleaning app  to wipe out all remnants of GO 3, restarted Z Ultra and installed GO 4)

Conncetion to RC was not a problem and everything went fine so far. Made some short tests and took my Mavic PRO with me to a skiing vacation.

I fired up RC, then Mavic, GO4 stepped in ............  BUT: I had a lag in video-transmission from Mavic to GO4 app of about 2 seconds .............. I shut off everything and restarted RC and Mavic and lag vanished.

Took off with a hand-start (after Mavic recorded homepoint) on a steep slope and wanted to check tracking-function when I am skiing. NOPE: GO4 told me Mavic is MINUS 70m below ground preventing to activate tracking-function. Just flew around a little bit and took some stills ............ When checking the stills they were totally out of focus ........... autofocus was not working at all neither for stills nor for video .................

Then I started to fly around in a small radius (about 30-40m) and intermittently GO4 lost connection to Mavic. Nothing serious and only very short, but it lost it.

After loss the RC-symbol in GO4 was grayed out but on the RC showed five bars and never lit up again until restart. Sometimes RC-symbol is grayed out from the beginning. Tracking functions were difficult to activate and tracked object was lost very often.

Sometimes it even stopped working at all, showing only N/A´s in all categories on the smartphone screen although RC showed everything perfect. And NO: cables are fine, were fine with GO 3 and are fine now again with GO 3

I went back to DJI GO 3 (clean uninstall of GO4, wiping cache etc.) and tested under exact the same conditions: NO SINGLE FAILURE, smooth function, autofocus working perfectly as before, no connection loss, no video-transmission lag, RC symbol fully lit with NO SINGLE connection-lost warning, tracking working again (within it´s limits) as before.

I was happy and felt safe again to fly my Mavic as I used to fly it until I installed the CRAPPY DJI GO 4.

I just missed the cinematic mode and some camera adjustments in GO 3

SUMMARY: for older Android smartphones (even these certified ones on the DJI-list) DJI GO 4 can be a desaster, preventing all fun to fly the Mavic.

I don´t care if DJI GO 3 reminds me to upgrade to 4 everytime I fire up my Mavic and I don´t care if support and development for GO 3 stops soon. I simply want to fly my Mavic as smooth as I flew it from the beginning with DJI GO 3 and don´t want to be bothered by crappy programming of DJI GO 4 for Android-phones.

DJI GO 4 is BY FAR not finished and I consider it a beta-Version at best for Android smartphones which I do not want to test and maybe lose my Mavic just because DJI has sloppy software-engineers and throws faulty Android-software "on the market" for us to test and report malfunctions. Even if they would replace my possibly lost Mavic due to software-failure of GO 4 it is an eternal hazzle to get this done (upload flight logs, fighting denials of responsibility by DJI, waiting for support emails, tickets, RMAs and finally for a new Mavic which would have NOT gone lost if DJI would have made their homework and issued a FLAWLESS DJI GO 4 as is DJI GO 3 for MY Android smartphone).

So, all You DJI-Kens, Paladins, Mindis and whoever: tell the DJI-devs to do their homework on DJI GO 4 for ANDROID and extend support and updates for DJI GO 3 as long as DJI GO 4 for Android is not a fully functional and flawless app as DJI GO 3 is !

2017-2-6
Use props
ay6810
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76631 ft
Singapore

I was running DJI Go4 on an ASUS Zenfone 3 Deluxe and had a similar issue except that the low batt warning came on at the same time at 23% when my app says 'DISCONNECTED'I still had control on the RC though so since I flew LOS, I managed to land it safely.
2017-2-6
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-2-6 00:41

Sounds like a junk phone .... Works perfectly for me .... Execlent app 5 stars.

2017-2-6
Use props
Angelo26
Second Officer
Austria

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2017-2-6 00:49
Sounds like a junk phone .... Works perfectly for me .... Execlent app 5 stars.

Well...... the question is: which is the junk now ?

An Xperia Z Ultra that works smoothly with GO 3 and not GO 4 or DJI GO 4 ?

(BTW: I do have EXACTLY the same problems with DJI GO 4 on Samsung Note 4 which I didn´t have with GO 3 but uninstalled it due to permanent battery consumption. Note 4 is my biz-phone so I can´t tolerate the batt-drain by GO 3 or 4)
2017-2-6
Use props
Laroba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99583 ft
France

Hi
i do have the same problem:
mavic pro + samsung s7 + dji go 4

problem is not all the time: happened twice for the last 7 flights. At all time, impossible to get the connection back between drone and remote ...
In my case, Mavic goes into RTH, as the remote do not respond. Once RTH is starting, i can have some connexions but just for 1 or 2 seconds, so i can fly the drone back to me safely .

At first i thoughed it was due to the RC or the battery as i have had a "battery error" message on the DJI GO 4 app. But in my logs, this message never appears ....
2017-2-6
Use props
Angelo26
Second Officer
Austria

Laroba Posted at 2017-2-6 02:47
Hi
i do have the same problem:
mavic pro + samsung s7 + dji go 4

Yeah, DJI GO 4 makes "funny" things, but not so funny when in the middle of a flight. At least RC always works. DJI should very intensly work over DJI GO for Android-phones .............  
2017-2-6
Use props
Laroba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99583 ft
France

Looks like DJI only wants to work with apple and iXXX products ... ;(
2017-2-6
Use props
Angelo26
Second Officer
Austria

Laroba Posted at 2017-2-6 05:45
Looks like DJI only wants to work with apple and iXXX products ... ;(

Well, honestly ........... I am waiting for CrystalSky monitor. I am so obsessed of flying my Mavic that for me it pays to buy this monitor since my Xperia Z Ultra won´t last forever .....................
2017-2-6
Use props
fans0155bc99
New

Israel

Hi, I had been the same issue in my new Mavic Pro. the Go $ app always disconnected, it doesn't matter if the Mavic was close 3 feets of far 200 meter (i afraid to fly it far away because the screen of the GO 4 always disconnect).  
2017-2-7
Use props
fans0155bc99
New

Israel

By the way i use Huawei Mate 8 with EMUI ver 5.0 and the new Android 7.0, , so maybe it is incompatibility of the Go 4 app to Android 7.0. Anyway DJI must found the solution for this issue , because without solution there is no any possibility to use the Mavic Pro as need.
2017-2-7
Use props
yardheld
lvl.1
Canada

First, I want to thank Angelo26 for such a thorough test scenario.

Otherwise, I'm making this post pretty much to say "me too"; I've started experiencing the recurring connection losses and - the most noticeable problem for me - is the extreme lag on the video feed. So much so that the video feed is completely useless during flight. Using the same device (Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7), cable, and settings on the v3 software eliminates all problems.

Spoke with Support via chat, and they had me:
  • Calibrate the gimbal,
  • Calibrate the IMU,
  • Enable USB debugging mode.

They have also suggested that I reinstall the software. Will try a flight test tomorrow with these changes and update.

2017-2-7
Use props
PatientPlaya
lvl.1
Flight distance : 512260 ft
Canada

I had a lengthy flight yesterday (high wind and cold)  without issues, The cable is fine, but I have not tried with another, don't see why it would be a cable issue when it does work and is not moving when I am connected, just get random aircraft disconnected. The only issue I have with this is the confidence part. Knowing that the controller is still connected gives me some control, so I know at worst I can RTH, but would prefer it to not do it at all. All flight data stops recording at the point of disconnect so its not like you get to see the message in the flight data, although I have received it and had mobizen recording.

Anyways I will just keep testing, see if it keeps happening.
2017-2-7
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I am not taking anyone's side here as I have experienced the app closing while flying with my android phone but I can understand that IOS devices would be more stable as  there is only one manufacturer and a known operating system. There are a vast number of different android phones and many versions of android. When I first got my android phone that had v7.1 and now 7.1.1, a few of my other apps had problems as well. I know that the DJI engineers are aware of the issues so I think we have to give them the chance to sort it out. I think the release of CrystalSky is possibly delayed because of the android issues but I am not sure on this.
2017-2-7
Use props
yardheld
lvl.1
Canada

So, I tried all of the items Support asked me to try and did a flight test today, some problem. That said, I did notice that uninstalling/reinstalling the v4 software did result in a newer version getting installed than what I had before (didn't record the version number that I had previously), as evidenced by a couple of new features (e.g., battery voltage displayed on-screen). I just assumed that Google Play would keep the app up-to-date. In any event, I still had the same problem with disconnections and laggy feed. I tried Support again, and this time they want me to enable PTP mode on the tablet, and try another device. Will try that tomorrow and update again.
2017-2-8
Use props
tigerdim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75614 ft
Hong Kong

I had a lot of disconnection using the original cable. Since I switched to a regular USB plugged at the bottom of the controller I haven't had a single disconnection.
2017-2-8
Use props
Alx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8238 ft
Russia

In my opinion, TS gets wrong name to the topic. 'Mobile device disconnected from RC' is more right. I.e. message 'Disconnected' on a mobile device. 'Aircraft disconnected' - is a different special error in GJI GO 4. It happened where RC lost link to MP.
2017-2-10
Use props
Rodnei
New
Ireland

Now I understand why DJI postponed the deliveries of Mavic, it's clear that it has issues and even though it doesn't happen with everyone but happened with many people, and also happen to me, I bought my Mavic 2 months ago and since then I fly it around 7 times, I feel scared every flight, I bought it for pleasure but instead of pleasure I feel fear, I don't trust on the app, I don't trust on the support! I am not fool, I know that it's a good project, good aircraft, smart system, but it has problems it is a fact. My mobile is not the best ( Sony Xperia Z1 (C6309)), I've tried different cables, I did everything that they (support) told to do, what was the result? The Same f...k issue, start to fly and "Aircraft disconnected", this weekend I spent 2 batteries at home just doing tests, trying understand what's happen.
I've just updated the App and now I was fool, fool for have to have hope that this could be the solution for this issue, but I was wrong..
I can define my experience with DJI MAVIC PRO in 3 words.
Disappointed, angry, unpleasant.

Latest firmware on Aircraft and RC
Latest version of DJI Go App
Sony Xperia Z1 - C6309
Tried a lot of different cables
2017-2-11
Use props
ay6810
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76631 ft
Singapore

tigerdim Posted at 2017-2-8 16:51
I had a lot of disconnection using the original cable. Since I switched to a regular USB plugged at the bottom of the controller I haven't had a single disconnection.

I tried that too, using the bottom USB slot and using a different cable.  It seemed to work as I had a full flight with no issues.  I also bought another DJI type-C cable just to test...
2017-2-11
Use props
Helvetika
New

United States

Just got my Mavic Pro on Friday
Fresh install of software, double checked to make sure firmware was up to date.
Stuck on "Disconnected".

I checked the forums/web and proceeded to try different cables, as well as reinstalling the software on my iPhone, no luck.
Tried using an Andriod phone just in case (obv. different cable and software), experiencing the same issue.

My Mavic has yet to fly. Please fix.
2017-2-12
Use props
Rodnei
New
Ireland

Today I was doing a lot of tests and some of them were succeeded, will keep doing more tomorrow. If I succeed, I'll let you know.
2017-2-12
Use props
MikeQView
Second Officer
United Kingdom

just thinking,  the fold and unfold operation of te tx may be putting undue stress on USB cables and connections ?????
i have stopped folding and unfolding the drone in fear of it breaking the wiring to the motors for the same reason,  i am now considering leaving the TX wings open all the time too now.
2017-2-12
Use props
yardheld
lvl.1
Canada

Just wanted to post an update to my posts above. When I last spoke with Support, they requested that I enable PTP mode on my Android device to see if that would help address the issue. What I found is that the PTP menu item is disabled when connected to the RC; I've not found any way to enable it. Support's other request was that I try using another device. I can confirm that on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, I do NOT experience the lag issue described above. With my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7, however, the problem is persistent on the v4 software (no problem with v3).
2017-2-16
Use props
sob2141
New
Canada

OMG Thank you. I had bought two tablets Galaxy Tab 4 and Galaxy Tab A and both didn't work.  Lost connection, interference, flying pigs you name it.. I thought my Mavic was broken. Uninstalled the GO 4 app and put in the old one.. Flies flawlessly. WTH gives.. I refuse to buy an iPad for 3 mil, a first born and a goat. Why do they not fix GO4 for android.. Apple is probably paying them.

So.. Ditch GO4.. Use GO3 for android.
2017-2-27
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.4

United States

I switched to litchi and my shield has not crashed since.  When I was using DJIGO3.0.1 everything was great.  When DJI forced the upgrade sh#@ went bananas.  I'm using litchi and only using go app for calibratios.
2017-2-27
Use props
Angelo26
Second Officer
Austria

fanseb85c303 Posted at 2017-2-27 18:20
I switched to litchi and my shield has not crashed since.  When I was using DJIGO3.0.1 everything was great.  When DJI forced the upgrade sh#@ went bananas.  I'm using litchi and only using go app for calibratios.

You have both DJI GO 3 and Litchi running on the same smartie ?
2017-2-28
Use props
garamgai
New

United States

I do have the same problem ...
2017-3-6
Use props
garamgai
New

United States

I have disconnected issue too.. so frustrated...
2017-3-6
Use props
SHERIFDUDE
lvl.1

United States

When flying my mavic pro controller and moblie device  keeps connecting and disconnecting from mavic in flight i calibrate imu and compass all firmware is up to date. am using a Samsung note 5
2017-3-16
Use props
EastyT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

I am having the same issue as everyone else here and it has made the Mavic almost unusable.  I almost dare not fly more than 100ft. away and direct line of sight.  Support has been no help as of yet and I tried new cables and the top and bottom port.  I have also tried this on a Galaxy S5 (recommended list) and a Galaxy S7edge with the same horrible results.   Support suggested I remove GO4 and install GO3.  The GO3 app specifically says it is not designed for the Mavic.  I was concerned that if I downgraded the App and something happened, that DJI could deny responsibility as I was running the incorrect app.  Jenee 2 says that he/she is sure that DJI engineers are aware of the issues, but I have heard nothing but crickets from DJI when it comes to addressing this issue.   I don't know what else to say except I am extremely frustrated that the mavic is not functioning as advertised and I really want it to work.
2017-3-16
Use props
fans269411e3
Ban Posts
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-3-16
Use props
fans269411e3
Ban Posts
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-3-16
Use props
bvQlltGg1Yw3
lvl.3
New Zealand

I think I have the same issue. Tried everything in the DJI FAQ on support page and still no joy. Pretty sure it's DJI Go4 cause when I first got the Mavic I used the DJI Go app and it didn't drop out at all. Androids have been around for so long now that's it's pretty inexcusable not to properly support all the flavours of phones.
2017-3-16
Use props
fansbe71cf53
New
Flight distance : 70069 ft
France

I got the same issue with my IOS device. This never happened prior the last DJI go 4 release. Scaring actually!
2017-3-24
Use props
Olivier40300
New
Flight distance : 70069 ft
France

I got the same issue with iOS device! This never happened prior the last update. Scaring actually
2017-3-24
Use props
gast1981
New
Flight distance : 51453 ft
United States

Same issue here, it happened 3 times today. I do not have a "junky" phone. It's a Google Pixel (plenty of memory and processor). The app shows "disconnected" even if I have the drone at 1m from me.
2017-4-7
Use props
Oien
New
Norway

Same problem here. Using DJI GO4 on iPhone 7. Got the Mavic 7 days ago, so I have never tried the GO3 app. Now the app says "aircraft disconnected", but there is still connection between RC and Mavic and the aircraft is controllable. The real connection issue is between phone and RC as I see it...
2017-4-10
Use props
fans4e59c11e
New
France

Hi all, here is my little contribution.

I experienced some "Aircraft disconnected" issues. After several trials and checks (reinstall djigo4 app, last firmware, cables...), I reached dji support by email. I kindly copy the answer below, it worked for me !!!
Hoping it will help !
Have fun with your Mavic
Seb

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
We do apologize for the inconvenience that you are having this disconnected issues with your mavic pro. we have some guidelines that may possibly resolve this situation that you are having. Please try to do the following:
1)
1. please power on the aircraft and the remote controller.
2. make sure that on the aircraft's body the switch is toggled to the "RC" (this is located at the back part of the aircraft)
3. press and hold on the C1,C2 and the video record button on the remote controller then when you hear a beep sound press the shutter button, then the remote will be beeping continuously.
4. while the remote controller is beeping please press and hold on the button inside the tiny hole seen on the same image for 2-3 seconds, the remote controller and the aircraft should connect then.

and you may also try these steps:
2)
1. Unplug and Re-plug the cable you’re using/Change Cables if Android – make sure that USB Debugging is ON
2. Go to Settings menu, tap "About Phone" option. Scroll to find "Build number" and tap it 7 times until the "You are now a developer" note pops up.
3. Go back to the previous screen, and tap the "Developer Options". Check the box next to "USB debugging". At last, press OK to enable USB debugging mode.

3)
Make sure to us compatible device/try using a different device
here is the list of compatible devices:
ios: iPhone `5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android:
Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD

4)
Reboot the App/Un-install and Re-install the App

If you have any questions , please feel free to contact DJI Europe Support, Mon-Fri 8:30AM - 5:00PM (UTC+1) via the following three channels:

Tel Support: +44 2078621722

Email: support.eu@dji.comOnline Support: http://www.dji.com/support#after
2017-4-14
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules