Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Pro+ Plus Video Transmission Loss Automatic Freq Switching
7239 35 2017-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
veeshy
lvl.1

Australia

During numerous flights (even while on the ground right next to the drone) i have suddenly lost the video transmission to my drone. Camera goes grey and freezes with the loss of video transmission message. Note im suing the DJI Phantom 4 Pro + (Plus with Plus Controller)

After a bit of investigation iv narrowed it down to a particular behavior of the Controller it seems, im NOT sure whether its  BUG OR INTENTIONAL by design but each time iv lost the video feed i find that my custom settings under the Lightbridge settings page has been changed automatically even tho i had set the settings to MANUAL.

This happens quite often sometimes without the image being lost, but i was wondering if this is actually normal.

FOR EXAMPLE:

Ill set the video feed to CUSTOM - 2.4GHZ - Channel 15. Now the drone is still on the ground and im right next to it, ill go and pretend to change some settings in the camera like exposure, WB, file types etc and then Bang i look at the top of the screen and the 2.4GHZ icon has switched to 5.8GHZ. Now when i go back into the settings its STILL set to MANUAL but somehow its jumped.

ANOTHER EXAMPLE:

I will be flying and with my settings at again CUSTOM - 2.4GHZ - Channel 16 - All of a sudden at some point (usually im making adjust to the camera setting like filetype aperture etc) the video feed free grey out and freeze, video transmission lost - also sometimes the whole signal goes away and it starts to return to home. Now when i go to the settings quickly i find yet again that my CUSTOM settings have magically switched. Sometimes if i remember my CUSTOM settings, so in this case - i can quickly change it again to 2.4GHZ - Channel 16. Ill quickly be able to recover the video signal.

This has also happens even when the drone is only a few meters away or on the ground. Now this not my first DJI drone, I also used to own the normal Phantom 4 and flew it quite often, in that model, i never ever lost my video feed or had my CUSTOM settings overridden by-itself. It appears this automatic switching is built in because it happens quite often and it doesn’t always result in the video feed dropping however when it has got me into some unsafe situations and ruined any videography work i was conducting.

Would love to receive tome clarification on the FEATURE OR BUG, as its driving me nuts and im tempted to refund my P4 Pro+ considering who this was never an issue on my older P4.

Thanks.

2017-2-5
Use props
veeshy
lvl.1

Australia

Also id like to note, that iv already got the latest firmware on the drone, and also the latest OS and APPs section have also been updated on the Pro Plus Controller. I'v reset the drone to factory defaults via DJI Assistant, iv reformatted my reset my Controller, and iv recalibrated the drone, imu, compass, camera, gimbal, and even tired re-pairing the Controller to the Drone. So everything is clean, working, and up to date.
2017-2-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Would you please record a small video showing the situation you described?
I'll report it to our engineers and get back to you once i get an answer.
2017-2-6
Use props
veeshy
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-6 01:17

Sure will do and will PM you the link. thanks.
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

veeshy Posted at 2017-2-6 03:54
Sure will do and will PM you the link. thanks.

I just checked the page, I did not receive your PM, not sure you've done or not.
Please let me know if you send me the message, thanks a lot.
2017-2-7
Use props
fans4826dc6c
lvl.2

United States

I am having the same issue. It started up last night when I was changing camera and or video settings while recording video. The loss of video signal happened 3 or 4 times. I have my flight logs and videos. How should I get them to you? Thanks
2017-2-7
Use props
nickedw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2177287 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 on this I've tried both frequencies, convinced myself the aerials weren't aligned to the aircraft etc, etc, today, with my P4P+ 20 feet away, 5 metres high, I had a complete video signal loss, wanting to trigger a RTH, the video signal display graph showed full strength by the way. Not great.

I was changing camera settings when this happened, so thinking more like a software problem?

Comments from DJI perhaps - do you know what this is? It's happening a lot, are you fixing it?
2017-2-7
Use props
veeshy
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-7 02:11
I just checked the page, I did not receive your PM, not sure you've done or not.
Please let me know if you send me the message, thanks a lot.

hi sorry, i will take a video this weekend when i take the drone out again.

also the other posters below me are a representation of the same problem im having as it does in-fact seem to only occur when changing or adjusting hte camera settings while using the plus controller.

the frequency band with change (overriding manual settings) and video feed will drop regardless of signal strength.
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans4826dc6c Posted at 2017-2-7 06:56
I am having the same issue. It started up last night when I was changing camera and or video settings while recording video. The loss of video signal happened 3 or 4 times. I have my flight logs and videos. How should I get them to you? Thanks

Please upload the files to Dropbox and provide me the link, thanks.
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

nickedw Posted at 2017-2-7 15:08
+1 on this I've tried both frequencies, convinced myself the aerials weren't aligned to the aircraft etc, etc, today, with my P4P+ 20 feet away, 5 metres high, I had a complete video signal loss, wanting to trigger a RTH, the video signal display graph showed full strength by the way. Not great.

I was changing camera settings when this happened, so thinking more like a software problem?

Thanks for your feedback, I'll report that to our engineers for a further evaluation once I get more details from you.
If it's convenient for you, please make a short video showing the issue that happens when you change camera settings.

2017-2-8
Use props
jthadestroyer
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-8 00:50
Please upload the files to Dropbox and provide me the link, thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I just sent the link in a PM.
This was a very short flight of 1:11 where I hovered, adjusted  camera settings, then experienced the video LOS. I didn't take any pics or videos during this flight. Once I experienced video LOS I landed as I wasn't very far from my take-off position. I did not trigger a RTH. A reboot seemed to re-establish video signal. I also have longer flights with this same issue if you want. Thanks
2017-2-8
Use props
lienbacher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1068337 ft
Austria

I am having this frequently too. When I switch from Video to Photo occasionally video is lost regardless the distance. Switching back and forth between the modes usually brings video back fast.
2017-2-8
Use props
jthadestroyer
lvl.2

United States

I just tried to recreate the steps I take to get this error and here's what I do to consistently get it.
1. Power up RC and Phantom
2. Click 'Go Fly'
3. Click the 'x' in the next screen (I think it's called 'aircraft status').
4. Click the icon up top (1 left of the battery) that brings up image 'transmission settings'.
5. Verify that you are on the 5.8 band. The icon with the 5.8 or 2.4 on the main screen has proven to be unreliable when trying to re-create this issue. Most of the time the icon says 5.8, but when you go into the settings it says 2.4.
6. Click the toggle to video/picture icon just above the record icon at least 3 times less than 5 seconds from 1st to 3rd time.
7. Click the video/camera settings icon just below the record icon.
8. With the settings opened, click the toggle video/picture icon as in step 6. You should then notice the screen freeze and grey-out with the 'no signal' error in red up top.
I didn't notice any flight logs because I never armed the motors. Switching modes as lienbacher recommended seems to fix it most of the time, but when the signal recovers I check the band and it automatically switches back to 2.4 GHz but still shows as 5.8 on the icon. I can try to get a video of me re-creating the issue this weekend.
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thanks for all your feedback, I have transferred the files to our engineers for a further evaluation.
Will get back to you once we get the result.
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI相机部大帅哥
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

When video transmission lost happened, can it recover by itself? If yes, how long did it take?

In addition,  could you make a short video to show how this issue happens? Thanks!
2017-2-14
Use props
jeddo
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Guys,
I am having the same problem where the video will disconnect multiple times in flight. I set my frequency to 2.4ghz on custom so it doesn't change. Its fixed the problem but now it doesn't cut through interference as well as its should. I also cant view my channel signal graph. The graph just has no data on it.
2017-2-15
Use props
fans115fa7ab
New
Flight distance : 489331 ft
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-2-18
Use props
fans115fa7ab
New
Flight distance : 489331 ft
United States

Ive had the smae issue twice now, and I'm beginning to get leary of flying the drone.One time it was still within sight, I switched from video to static photography and the display froze. I was lucky I could see it to fly it home by ground viewing.It did not recover on it's own,I had no live fpv or any ability to switch the camera back to video.
2017-2-18
Use props
veeshy
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-9 02:05
Thanks for all your feedback, I have transferred the files to our engineers for a further evaluation.
Will get back to you once we get the result.

just  pmed you with the links to a couple of videos of my symptoms, i have 2 phantom 4 pro plus with me and they behave and exhibit the exact same symptoms, cheers.
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

veeshy Posted at 2017-3-3 05:54
just  pmed you with the links to a couple of videos of my symptoms, i have 2 phantom 4 pro plus with me and they behave and exhibit the exact same symptoms, cheers.

Thank you very much, I received the links and provided them to our engineers again.
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

veeshy Posted at 2017-3-3 05:54

To locate the issue, please help confirm the information below, thanks in advance:

1. The siginal lost when you changed the image ratio, please do not power off the remote, then help us export the file into the SD card step by step:
Go to "System settings"--"Backup & Reset"--"Copy crash log to SD card", then connect the remote to your PC with USB cable, pull down the list and click on " connected USB", then open the USB mode, you will see the content into internal sdcard on your PC, please export the tombstones.zip saved in the root of the SD card.

2. After exporting the file, please do not restart the remote, instead, please try to disable then enable Lightbridge in system settings to check whether the image transmission.
Thanks again for your supporting!

2017-3-6
Use props
fans23c3385a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 330085 ft
United States

Aerialaccess Posted at 2017-5-7 04:43
What ever became of this issue I am having the same problem. But a lot worse.

For what it's worth - I have read that one of the two antennas relies on 5.8 for all video / link.
2017-5-9
Use props
kykphantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

It is reported many times by many users, that after the latest firmware upgrade and/or DJI Go 4 app update, there are various video transmission link issues. DJI must carry out tests and find out what is going wrong!
2017-5-10
Use props
fans8f1b5413
lvl.1

United States

I also keep having video issues I was trying to shoot a house and this is all I could get it's pretty hard to explain to a client why your brand new Phantom 4 Pro won't let you shoot a simple video if you watch the last of the video you can see me in it and how close I am I tried changing both frequencies and of course adjusted my antennas but at the distance I was at none of that should have matter
2017-7-19
Use props
fans8f1b5413
lvl.1

United States

fans8f1b5413 Posted at 2017-7-19 18:32
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Nam8LkY1OmLWpfS0FOZWNCXzg/view?usp=drivesdk

2017-7-19
Use props
fans8f1b5413
lvl.1

United States

Apologize for posting that three times in a row I am new to this forum or at least posting anything I have read it a lot I didn't realize where I had to put the video link
2017-7-19
Use props
Panhead55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 939144 ft
United States

Ok DJI I have a brand new P4P less than 30 days old that is having the same issue.  The original post I see was from 2017-2-5.  I believe there has been ample time to fix the issue and report the fix to all owners of the P4P or update the firmware to correct the problem.  WHAT IS THE ANSWER.  If you don't have an answer I'm returning my P4P to you for a full refund.  Can't fly this unit reliably let a lone use it for professional video.
2017-7-20
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all... same problems here.  I have a ton of experience with my P4 and my iPad Mini 2, and I have some experience with my P4P with my iPad Mini 2, prior to the latest updates.  Did not see this problem at all.  Now I get a loss of video signal even though I have full bars connection between the RC and the drone.
I STILL contend that this is a heat issue.   I believe that the programming of the recent version of the software has bugs that are causing the CPU and/or GPU to spin out of control because my iPad Mini 2 and my iPhone 7 plus (now) both get hot to the point where you can't touch them.  Literally, you will get burned.  

This NEVER, EVER, happened with the previous version of DJIGO4 and firmware.  This only started occurring after the latest round of updates.

Why do I believe that heat is involved?  Because although the problem can show itself sometimes at the beginning of the flight, it usually doesn't occur until after a few minutes of having everything on.  This is just as true if I have the bird sitting on the ground as it is if the bird is in flight.  After a few minutes, the video signal starts to stutter, then I get green and black.  The problem gets worse as more time progresses until finally there is no signal at all (for the most part).  So after my iPad Mini 2 totally failed (and was boiling hot), I switched to my iPhone 7 Plus and all was good again... until the problem started showing itself on the iPhone, which eventually got worse until it was unusable.
DJI, This really, truly never occurred before the latest round of software/firmware updates.  And for what its worth, I ALMOST did not see this problem at all last weekend when I was flying in a much cooler environment near the ocean.  Also FWIW: I flew today in full shade, with the covers taken off both of my mobile devices... and they each overheated fairly quickly, losing the video transmission.
2017-7-20
Use props
fans8f1b5413
lvl.1

United States

Mabou2

I didn't put it together like you did but I have a iPad Mini 4 I had to take out of its OtterBox because it got so hot I didn't think that would have anything to do with it but that does make sense

Even when I had it out of its case I tried to fly it again and as you said it got boiling hot

DJI definitely needs to fix this problem the video I posted was of a brand new drone they sent me because I had to use DJI refresh because I crash the last one because the video went out ( now that was operator error I now know that even if the video goes out and you can see the drone to just let go of the controls)

2017-7-22
Use props
fans8f1b5413
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-6 01:03
To locate the issue, please help confirm the information below, thanks in advance:

1. The siginal lost when you changed the image ratio, please do not power off the remote, then help us export the file into the SD card step by step:

2017-7-22
Use props
fans0c8159f7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 511749 ft
United States

Mabou2

I'm having the same issue as well. I also believe it is a heat issue. I was flying yesterday around dusk in the western us (which is still warm but bearable) and my iPad mini 4 became very hot over time. The green screen and loss of video transmission occurred about 10-15 min into my flight. I've heard it could be the sd card, the cable, and what your saying the firmware update causing the CPU to heat up. DJI can you help us with this issue? I never had this issue either before the latest firmware update.
2017-7-30
Use props
fans52604031
New
Flight distance : 126266 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue with no video feed on my Phantom 4 Plus. All updates have been performed. Now, my controller is connected but there's a "no signal" status and no video feed. Please help me fix this issue as the drone is essentially grounded until this is solved.
2017-8-2
Use props
dare2imagine
New
Flight distance : 403353 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-6 01:17

yeah same here... Just got my P4P+ after 4 batteries I was finally able to get the controller to stop beeping and going crazy, then it took another 2 1/2 batteries to try and update (all the while no video from camera)
So after 6.5 batteries my controller kept telling me I had to update the same firmware over and over all with "update complete" each time... Finally took it to the PC DJI assistant 2 did all upgrades, back outside (granted I started @ 1:30pm its now almost 8pm and I still haven't been able to get any kind of video signal from drone.  so 8 batteries later I still have not even turned the props on....

whats UP DJI ? My mavic is awesome (granted I had to return 3 to get a working on) but your flagship phantom 4 seems to be full of problems.... just like the p4...  although I think the p4 still can be used somewhat...
2017-8-31
Use props
dare2imagine
New
Flight distance : 403353 ft
United States

yeah same here... Just got my P4P+ after 4 batteries I was finally able to get the controller to stop beeping and going crazy, then it took another 2 1/2 batteries to try and update (all the while no video from camera)
So after 6.5 batteries my controller kept telling me I had to update the same firmware over and over all with "update complete" each time... Finally took it to the PC DJI assistant 2 did all upgrades, back outside (granted I started @ 1:30pm its now almost 8pm and I still haven't been able to get any kind of video signal from drone.  so 8 batteries later I still have not even turned the props on....

whats UP DJI ? My mavic is awesome (granted I had to return 3 to get a working on) but your flagship phantom 4 seems to be full of problems.... just like the p4...  although I think the p4 still can be used somewhat...
2017-8-31
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Same problem here with my P4 + ever since the last firmware update it was working fine.....now constantly loosing live video feed and aircraft disconnection.....wish I had not updated the firmware but like everyone else you put your trust in the company that made the drone!
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules