Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GS Pro 3D Mapping: Starting waypoint?
4060 7 2017-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans40c04493
lvl.3
Flight distance : 233950 ft
Netherlands

Although I like the DJI GS Pro application thus far, I cannot seem to get my head around the following.
Provided that one has generated an area to be mapped in the application, how does one know which of the two 'endpoints' are to be used as starting and ending waypoints?
I have just generated a mission covering a site of approximately 30 hectares. The two resultant endpoints (i.e. the points where the flightpath ends, or begins) are apart by approximately a kilometer but I have no clue where my aircraft will start its mission.
As I'm obliged by law to stay within 100m of my aircraft I need to know where the aircraft will start, allowing me to follow it throughout its flight. If I don't, I run the risk that I make the aircraft take off and fly all the way to the 'other' endpoint, a kilometer away! It feels like playing Russian Roulette.

2017-2-6
Use props
BorisSi
lvl.1

Slovenia

I have the same question actually...

In my expirience so far it seemed as the start point was always the nearest start/end of projected grid path, no matter what angle I have set for given flight path.
Though I only flew 3 missions so far, and only 2 were 3D-map style.
I will report any further findings.

Also, is there a way to manually type in values for angles, speed, etc. as it's quite annoying to set these values using sliders as they are not precise and tend to jump around when you release it.
2017-2-6
Use props
fans40c04493
lvl.3
Netherlands

BorisSi Posted at 2017-2-6 05:53
I have the same question actually...

In my expirience so far it seemed as the start point was always the nearest start/end of projected grid path, no matter what angle I have set for given flight path.

As far as I know that is not (yet) possible. It is indeed quiet fiddly to define exact values using sliders by itself, some option to manually type values or to use + and - buttons would be a very welcome addition!

Concerning your first point, I cannot yet define that. I too have only performed a few very small test flights to familiarize with the software. As far as I can remember though, in all cases the aircraft did not initiate its flight from the most nearby endpoint. One of the endpoints was factually right above my head, but the aircraft nonetheless found it necessary to start from the other endpoint 50m away.
2017-2-7
Use props
fansddc39806
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1699 ft
United States

I use Google Earth to "scout" my mission so I know where I am going to park my vehicle and where I will be taking off from. Then, before I leave my office to make a flight I open Ground Station and type the address of the flight location of where I am going to fly. After typing in the address you will have a Google Earth image on Ground Station (assuming you have Internet Access). Then, plot your flight with the photogrametry tool. In the Editor tab (top menu item) the point “0” is the beginning point and the highest waypoint number of your flight is the ending point. All you need to do is move the “0” point close to where you want to takeoff from and move your highest waypoint number close to where you want the flight to end. I usually start and end almost straight over my head.
2017-2-8
Use props
fansddc39806
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1699 ft
United States

Sorry. Double post.
2017-2-8
Use props
BorisSi
lvl.1

Slovenia

Ok, I found out you CAN set values with fine adjustment.
To do so you need to press and hold on the small window next to each slider with values inside.
If you hold your finger on the mini window it will pop-up a small +/- buttons and then you can fine tune your settings.

I hope this helps anyone.
2017-2-9
Use props
BvdM
lvl.3
Netherlands

fansddc39806 Posted at 2017-2-8 10:33
I use Google Earth to "scout" my mission so I know where I am going to park my vehicle and where I will be taking off from. Then, before I leave my office to make a flight I open Ground Station and type the address of the flight location of where I am going to fly. After typing in the address you will have a Google Earth image on Ground Station (assuming you have Internet Access). Then, plot your flight with the photogrametry tool. In the Editor tab (top menu item) the point “0” is the beginning point and the highest waypoint number of your flight is the ending point. All you need to do is move the “0” point close to where you want to takeoff from and move your highest waypoint number close to where you want the flight to end. I usually start and end almost straight over my head.

Are you sure you are using the recently published DJI GS Pro application, rather than the Ground Station application that was released several years ago?

As far as I am concerned there is no such option as an Editor Tab, or a Photogrammetry Tool (rather a flightmode called 3DMap Area).
2017-2-10
Use props
BvdM
lvl.3
Netherlands

BorisSi Posted at 2017-2-9 21:12
Ok, I found out you CAN set values with fine adjustment.
To do so you need to press and hold on the small window next to each slider with values inside.
If you hold your finger on the mini window it will pop-up a small +/- buttons and then you can fine tune your settings.

Great, that is a very useful 'easter egg' you have found over there!
2017-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules