Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
TRAVEL PERU AIRPORT
8239 23 2017-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SBT1979
lvl.1

Spain

Hi,
I WILL FLY SPAIN TO PERU. I want how Its recomended package my mavic and 3 battery in fly. I can take mavic with me? Battery in bag with special protect to fire? Or its better facturing bag independent? Mavic with me, and batery independent bag?

Sorry for my english...thanks.
2017-2-6
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Contact your airline. They will give you instructions. Batteries cannot go into your checked in bags anyway. You need them in carry-on.
2017-2-6
Use props
fans8606e081
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48868 ft
Switzerland

Batteries belong in hand baggage. The rest i'd check in.
2017-2-6
Use props
RobSawyer62
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7464 ft
United States

I'm travelling to Peru soon also but decided not to take my Mavic.  There are a lot of restrictions and you may end of having it sittting at the airport.  See link Trip Advisor - Drone Travel to Peru for some good information.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294318-i3352-k9284819-Drone_Usage_at_Machu_Picchu-Machu_Picchu_Sacred_Valley_Cusco_Region.html

2017-2-6
Use props
AnaMerka
New

India

Probably the first option might be better. Enjoy your time in <a href="http://travel-tourist-information-guide.com/Peru">Peru which is a great spot for travellers</a>. Have fun.
2017-2-7
Use props
Dronadicto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 181253 ft
Peru

Hi SBT1979, I'm from Perú. You should pack your Mavic and your batteries in your carry on luggage. You don't need a permit anymore (for private use) but you do need to declare it and pay a tax deposit (that you will get back when leaving Perú). Machu Picchu is a no fly zone, but there are many other beautiful places to fly. Feel free to message me in spanish for any other questions.
2017-2-7
Use props
SBT1979
lvl.1

Spain

Very thanks all reply! I dint travell machu pichu! Peru is very big!

Dronacito, gracias. Imagino pues baterias en maleta facturada, i el resto del mavic conmigo?

Para declarar el mavic, sabes como se hace? El mismo dia de el vuelobfacturando maletas? O antes?
2017-2-8
Use props
Dronadicto
lvl.4
Peru

SBT1979 Posted at 2017-2-8 00:17
Very thanks all reply! I dint travell machu pichu! Peru is very big!

Dronacito, gracias. Imagino pues baterias en maleta facturada, i el resto del mavic conmigo?

El Mavic y las baterías viajan contigo en la cabina. La declaración se hace en la aduana del aeropuerto del Perú, después de pasar migraciones.
2017-2-8
Use props
hekokimushi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131558 ft
Hong Kong

hi guys. Im going to Peru in two days. In and out twice withe the mavic. How is the latest custom procedure? Declare, pay custom First entry. Collect custom on last rflight out of Peru? Any recommendation is appreciated. Thank you.
Nelson
2017-2-8
Use props
Dronadicto
lvl.4
Peru

hekokimushi Posted at 2017-2-8 15:39
hi guys. Im going to Peru in two days. In and out twice withe the mavic. How is the latest custom procedure? Declare, pay custom First entry. Collect custom on last rflight out of Peru? Any recommendation is appreciated. Thank you.
Nelson

Hi Nelson, you will have to declare the Mavic, pay the tax deposit and get it back each time you enter and leave the country. Unless you are just taking a connecting flight to another country, if that is the case you won't have to do it, because you will not go through customs.
2017-2-8
Use props
hekokimushi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131558 ft
Hong Kong

thank you for your info Dronadicto

Im entering Peru via Lima stay a night then domeestic flight to Cusco for MP. Stay and then few days later flying to La Paz. A week later same route from la paz returning to Lima via Cusco in about 5 days.

Do you recommend me to pay and refund the custom tax twice? Or would it be feasible to pay and collect only once at Lima if the permit to carry the drone has sufficient period inclusive? Thanks

Nelson
2017-2-9
Use props
Dronadicto
lvl.4
Peru

hekokimushi Posted at 2017-2-9 00:56
thank you for your info Dronadicto

Im entering Peru via Lima stay a night then domeestic flight to Cusco for MP. Stay and then few days later flying to La Paz. A week later same route from la paz returning to Lima via Cusco in about 5 days.

Hi Nelson, this is a very particular case. Most people don't go in and out of Perú twice on the same trip and even if they do, they go through the same airport and customs. When you declare your drone, you are not getting a permit to carry the drone for an specific time frame, you are doing a temporary importation that's why you have to pay a deposit (that you will get back before you leave the country with your drone). So if you are leaving the country and then coming back, I asume you might have to declare that you are leaving with a drone and that you are going to come back with the drone. I suggest you to talk to the customs office in Cusco for further details.
2017-2-9
Use props
castroa
New
Flight distance : 28258 ft
Brazil

Hey guys, I'm going with a mavic to Peru on july but I'll take my flight to lima, then take another to Cusco after two days and I'll leave the country by bus (to Bolivia). So do I have to pay the taxes? How do I'll get the money back if I'll leave the country by land?

Thanks for the help.
2017-6-22
Use props
djiuser_yVIO84R
New
United States

Dronadicto Posted at 2017-2-7 08:43
Hi SBT1979, I'm from Perú. You should pack your Mavic and your batteries in your carry on luggage. You don't need a permit anymore (for private use) but you do need to declare it and pay a tax deposit (that you will get back when leaving Perú). Machu Picchu is a no fly zone, but there are many other beautiful places to fly. Feel free to message me in spanish for any other questions.

Yo llegar en Cusco pronto. Puedo conductor mi drone en sacsayhuman, tipon, quenko, ollytaytombo, etc.
2017-9-14
Use props
nickfish123
New
Flight distance : 50801 ft
Peru

Hi All - just provinding updated information as of 15th October 2017.

I declared my Mavic Pro to Customs officials- they inspected the drone and I confirmed it was for personal use - they cleared me without having to pay any import duty. It was explained their concern is with locals importing and as I was a traveller not using for professional use everything was fine.

Officials were actually pretty nice and were knowledgeable about DJI drones.
2017-10-16
Use props
djiuser_tGYKEfH
Captain
Flight distance : 80522 ft
United States

Hi,

I'm transiting and staying one night in Peru with my DJI Spark. Any idea if a smaller sized drone like the Spark is exempted from the custom declaration?
2017-12-22
Use props
Lalouz
New
Peru

Hi Everybody.

I'm in Cusco actually and my drone have a big problem with the gimbal. Someone know any person to repair a mavic pro in Peru and must Cusco ?

Thanks a lot.
2017-12-25
Use props
FahedC
Flight distance : 16818 ft
Germany

djiuser_tGYKEfH Posted at 2017-12-22 14:18
Hi,

I'm transiting and staying one night in Peru with my DJI Spark. Any idea if a smaller sized drone like the Spark is exempted from the custom declaration?

Hey how did it go? did you had to declare the Spark?
2018-1-9
Use props
jcgoobee
First Officer
Flight distance : 476119 ft
United States

It'd be awesome to see some footage taken around Machu Picchu.  I was there last year and wish I owned a drone back then.
2018-1-9
Use props
djiuser_tGYKEfH
Captain
Chile

FahedC Posted at 2018-1-9 14:00
Hey how did it go? did you had to declare the Spark?

Its advisable to declare. I declared and did not have to pay a deposit as I was just transiting in Peru Lima for the day. The staff are quite friendly - and the detectors can tell that you have a drone even if you don't declare..
2018-1-11
Use props
djiuser_tGYKEfH
Captain
Chile

jcgoobee Posted at 2018-1-9 14:53
It'd be awesome to see some footage taken around Machu Picchu.  I was there last year and wish I owned a drone back then.

But I don't think you'll be allowed to fly around Machu Picchu either..
2018-1-11
Use props
lelie21
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126867 ft
Switzerland

djiuser_tGYKEfH Posted at 2018-1-11 14:45
Its advisable to declare. I declared and did not have to pay a deposit as I was just transiting in Peru Lima for the day. The staff are quite friendly - and the detectors can tell that you have a drone even if you don't declare..

it's nice to have recent feedback.

I prepare my travel for april and read lot of experiences, and your one converge with other recent feedback, no more fees.

it's dificult to have true informations on official's website.

Still question of restrictive area, except Macchu pichu and airports, no officials map.

2018-1-15
Use props
Mehdi TAZI
lvl.1
France

Hello,

because of the frequent regulations change, i'm wondering if anybody traveled there in March / April of this year ( 2018 ) ?
Do I need to declare my dji mavick pro ? ( i'm entring peru by bus from bolivia and living peru by flight ).

Same question does anyone have any idea about the regulation in Brazil & Bolivia ?

Thanks in advance
2018-4-19
Use props
lelie21
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126867 ft
Switzerland

bring back topic to life to share feedback. in Peru, I presented my baggage to the customs asking them if I had to declare my drone, they controlled the model and visibly the spark does not concern them. they let me go safely.
for information I traveled between Chile, Bolivia and Peru without problem with the drone.

good luck
2018-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules