Pitch forward and pitch back mismatch
1878 7 2017-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone ever experienced a substantial difference in the amount of pitch forward control compared to back?
I can go backwards at full pitch but forward control is no greater than being in tripod mode. This was after a calibration of the controller and having cancelled tripod mode from a previous flight.
2017-2-6
Use props
HTC
lvl.1
United States

Mine does the same, sometime going forward it's slow to start moving but moves like crazy in reverse. Sometime it catches you by surprise.
2017-2-6
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Australia

I believe forward is always slower than reverse (except in Sport mode), to allow for the front sensors to work. And if the front sensors detect anything within range, the Mavic will slow down, even if it's still quite far from the detected object. Was there anything in front of the Mavic, even within say 5-10m?
2017-2-6
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

HTC Posted at 2017-2-6 05:56
Mine does the same, sometime going forward it's slow to start moving but moves like crazy in reverse. Sometime it catches you by surprise.

Hi HTC, thanks for the reply.
This strange behaviour is a constant. It will only pitch forward at the equivalent of Tripod mode speed and won't go any quicker.
2017-2-6
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-2-6 06:32
I believe forward is always slower than reverse (except in Sport mode), to allow for the front sensors to work. And if the front sensors detect anything within range, the Mavic will slow down, even if it's still quite far from the detected object. Was there anything in front of the Mavic, even within say 5-10m?

Hi Jason, I appreciate your reply.
As in my reply to HTC, forward momentum is extremely slow, whereas reverse is at a speed you would expect. No radar warning of any obstacle in front of the drone.
I haven't taken further steps to rectify the problem, but thought I would pose the question to see if anyone else had experienced a similar effect as it seems odd it could have calibrated itself to reduce pitch in one direction and not the other.
2017-2-6
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Australia

rick39 Posted at 2017-2-6 07:55
Hi Jason, I appreciate your reply.
As in my reply to HTC, forward momentum is extremely slow, whereas reverse is at a speed you would expect. No radar warning of any obstacle in front of the drone.
I haven't taken further steps to rectify the problem, but thought I would pose the question to see if anyone else had experienced a similar effect as it seems odd it could have calibrated itself to reduce pitch in one direction and the other.

Yeah, that definitely sounds odd. Especially the fact that there's no obstacle warnings or anything like that. If the sensors were falsely detecting something in front, there would be indications on the screen.

Have you re-checked your RC calibration to see if it shows 100% forward when you move the stick?

Otherwise I'd try a factory reset and/or firmware re-install.
2017-2-6
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

I'd suggest cleaning up the DJI Go 4 app, reinstalling and checking again.
2017-2-7
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Since I received my Mavic back from an RMA I have only flown it twice. The first time a few days ago was merely to check it would fly Ok, which is when I first noticed this happen. It flew fine up until I put it into Tripod mode and noticed it backed away far too fast for tripod mode, but forward movement was as slow as it should have been. Switching back to normal mode made no difference. I flew again at the weekend to make sure the camera was fixed as that was the reason for MY RMA. The camera worked as it should, having been sent away for mould infestation behind the lens, but this strange pitch behaviour was still there from the previous flight.
I will calibrate everything I feel is necessary to fix the problem and delete and re-install DJIgo 4 as suggested, but will try to pin down where the problem lies as I do so.

Thanks for the replies.
2017-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules