Lock controller Mavic
4384 5 2017-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pokerkake
New
Norway

Hi,

I was trying to make a follow-me video with my Mavic when skiing last weekend. Unfortunately I had a little accident while I was trying to do this.

The drone was up in the air and ready to follow, but when I put the controller in my pocket, I involuntarily hit the controller stick which lead to that my Mavic flew right in to a tree. Luckily I managed to bring it down and it was all good, but I was wondering if there is possible to set a controller lock, so that these things wont happen in follow mode?
I guess there are more situations that this could be handy?

best regards,
Carl
2017-2-6
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

No, there is not.  This would be handy.  
2017-2-6
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

It disconnects when in Wi-Fi mode, as well.  Push the power button to lock the phone screen, Mavic follows for a moment (ActiveTrack), then just hovers.  Is this how iPhone functions or just Android?
2017-2-6
Use props
fab6mR8WKokt
lvl.1

United States

Regardless of the mode you're in, I think that putting your RC controller in your pocket while your drone is in flight is a mistake.  First, the controller antennas will not be in an optimal position to maintain contact with the drone.  Second, if something starts to go wrong, you will not be able to immediately correct it, and may not even be aware of the problem.  You are responsible for safely flying the drone, and I don't think you can properly turn responsibility for this over to the drone's automated system.  If you're going to use one of the drone's intelligent flight modes, you need to constantly monitor what the drone is doing and be prepared to immediately take control when necessary.  IMO, you can't do that if the RC controller is in your pocket.
2017-2-6
Use props
chel Dave
New
Italy

I have the same problem as well, i m a MTBike rider and i like to do self video shootings and i bought the mavic pro for that reason. here is some video on my youtube channel [url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2v8RlCWA7yx64QFZ1tEkNg][/url]. But for example, i can't ride my bike on a ridge followed by the drone, because than i have to walk back to take the controller that i left were i started....Would be handy  also to be followed by the drone with the wi-fy connection with the phone, but when you use the phone there isn't the active trak or follow me mode!!that is so bad!!
2017-4-23
Use props
MaxKazi
lvl.1

United States

Have exactly the same problem. I planning to attache RC to top of backpack using velcro or something similar.
2019-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules