Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Swapping controls
8120 5 2014-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TobyC84
New

United States

Hey everyone! I received my Phantom2 Vision+ today and was flying it around. Excellent product in my opinion. I was wondering, from those of you who may have had yours longer, if there was a way to swap the "yaw" and "roll". Currently the "yaw" or rotation, is on the same stick as the throttle. I'd like to swap those two controls so I can fly forward and rotate the Phantom as opposed to fly forward and move from side to side.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this, other than re-wiring the remote? Thanks!

2014-10-6
Use props
FromAdronesEye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

Hey, the only thing that you can do without re-wiring the remote is to chande the mode, and you would have the yaw and throttle on the right
2014-10-6
Use props
TobyC84
New

United States

FromAdronesEye Posted at 2014-10-7 06:09
Hey, the only thing that you can do without re-wiring the remote is to chande the mode, and you woul ...

Thanks for the reply! So, I experimented this evening with the controls. I swapped the modes using RC Assistant, Mode 1 of the controller is the mode I thought I wanted. I tried it and realized I didn't like it. I really wanted it to function like an XBox controller. Forward/Back and strafe on the left stick and the throttle and roll/turn on the right stick. I found a way to do it.

With the controller in its default mode (Mode 2) you can open the controller and swap the stick connections. However, you must recalibrate it and reverse ALL of the axes before you try to fly it. When you take it out after doing this the left stick is Forward/Back and Strafe Left/Right. The right stick is Throttle Up/Down and roll/rotate left and right. To power the motors on and off the sticks should be pressed down and away from the center. You can still power the motors off by pulling back on the throttle of course. Anyway, maybe that will help someone else who wants this control scheme.
2014-10-7
Use props
ElGuano
lvl.1

United States

Yeah, a lot of us coming from gaming (or other) backgrounds look at the RC standards and immediately wanted to change them. I did at first too, wanting to replicate a WASD FPS format. The one main reason I would recommend against it is if you ever get more into the hobby and upgrade your TX, or if you start flying with others and lend out your gear or borrow someone else's. Almost everybody flies Mode 2, and anything other than that is going to be extremely disorienting to the point where you might as well not bother unless you're willing to learn and ingrain an entirely new control scheme. Trust me, you pick up the throttle/rudder, elevator/aileron setup really quickly.

If that's not your thing, more power to you. I just found this is one case where it pays to go with the flow
2014-10-7
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.3

China

Sorry to say it's unable the swap the "yaw" and "roll", the only way is to change the RC mode, but like it's mentioned above, it may be hard to get used of mode 1 if you are using mode 2 all the time.
2014-10-8
Use props
TobyC84
New

United States

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-10-8 18:58
Sorry to say it's unable the swap the "yaw" and "roll", the only way is to change the RC mode, but l ...

Sophie, I found a way to get the control scheme that I wanted. I posted a new thread called "FPS / XBox esque controls". It requires a slight modification to the controller but nothing major like splicing wires and soldering. Thanks for your response though!
2014-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules