Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Some new Mavic accessories available, Prop Cage, Charge Hub, more
1234Next >
11775 126 2017-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fantastic new Mavic accessories!

http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-propeller-cage#/?_k=fjwa0j

http://store.dji.com/product/mav ... dvanced#/?_k=vb56ji

http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-aircraft-sleeve#/?_k=45aetz

http://store.dji.com/product/mav ... pellers#/?_k=4nla61
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG
Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 10.43.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 10.54.50 AM.png
2017-2-7
Use props
Safari
First Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Quite a freaking look :-) but as one said it might be very useful depending on the situation. This is THE one accessory who should have been available at the launch of the Mavic. I guess it would have saved a few props all around the world ;-)
2017-2-7
Use props
Safari
First Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Any news about the release of the goggles Ken? I know you are actively testing those...
2017-2-7
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

How does the new "advanced" charging hub differ from the older one? A hub that charges batteries in parallel would be nice, but the description on this one specifically says that it charges the batteries serially. The charge times in the specs are marginally better for the new model, but is that the only improvement?
2017-2-7
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

The big question on my mind is whether the propeller cage offers any advantages beyond merely protecting the Mavic's propellers -- and the things they can hit -- from being damaged.
2017-2-7
Use props
BradC234
lvl.3
Flight distance : 219770 ft
Canada

So the old props won't fit with the cage? That seems kind of silly, especially with the amount of props I currently have...
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-7 07:45
How does the new "advanced" charging hub differ from the older one? A hub that charges batteries in parallel would be nice, but the description on this one specifically says that it charges the batteries serially. The charge times in the specs are marginally better for the new model, but is that the only improvement?

The efficiency of the charger reduces the charging time of 4 batteries by an hour.
And if using a P4 charger, charge time is only 2.5hrs.
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

BradC234 Posted at 2017-2-7 07:58
So the old props won't fit with the cage? That seems kind of silly, especially with the amount of props I currently have...

The props for the prop cage are a little smaller so the standard cage will not fit with the standard props.
You've been flying without a cage since you've had the Mavic, so you use those props while flying outdoors. And for close proximity flying, you would use the new stuff.
2017-2-7
Use props
BuzzCut
Second Officer

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-7 08:51
The props for the prop cage are a little smaller so the standard cage will not fit with the standard props.
You've been flying without a cage since you've had the Mavic, so you use those props while flying outdoors. And for close proximity flying, you would use the new stuff.

I guess this is the maximum safety approach.  If the cage was designed to work with the current props I'm guessing it would interfere with the camera image due to the size.

There are other solutions out there that don't cover the props 360 degrees and work with the existing props, but I think this is about the safest thing one could design, which would be great for realtors, those potentially photographing people (e.g. weddings) etc.

Seems like a good addition to what's already out there.
2017-2-7
Use props
StigNygaard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

I would like the sleeve. But it gets rather expensive with 22,73 € on top for shipping to Denmark :-( ...
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

BuzzCut Posted at 2017-2-7 08:58
I guess this is the maximum safety approach.  If the cage was designed to work with the current props I'm guessing it would interfere with the camera image due to the size.

There are other solutions out there that don't cover the props 360 degrees and work with the existing props, but I think this is about the safest thing one could design, which would be great for realtors, those potentially photographing people (e.g. weddings) etc.

Correct, this is the safest way for protection.
Who knows, maybe one day this will be a requirement in certain conditions.
2017-2-7
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

Ken, there's been speculation on here that the new propeller cages might offer more than just than protection of / from the propellers; are you aware of any such additional advantages?
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-7 10:06
Ken, there's been speculation on here that the new propeller cages might offer more than just than protection of / from the propellers; are you aware of any such additional advantages?

No, it's to protect people and objects from it's spinning props, which improves flight safety.
2017-2-7
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-7 10:24
No, it's to protect people and objects from it's spinning props, which improves flight safety.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-7 10:26
Ok, thanks for the clarification.

And what's the speculation of other advantages you've heard about.
2017-2-7
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-7 10:32
And what's the speculation of other advantages you've heard about.

That they might act as ducted fans and improve performance: What is new "Propeller Cage" option in DGI GO 4?
Also here: DJI's Mavic Propeller Cage now available to order
2017-2-7
Use props
bantis
lvl.1

United States

Pretty disappointed with the advanced charger. Still only one battery at a time. I don't see the point in having it when I can just switch batteries myself.

Edit: And how is it possible for the advanced hub to make the car charger work even better? Wouldn't the car charger work fastest by itself?
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-7 10:39
That they might act as ducted fans and improve performance: What is new "Propeller Cage" option in DGI GO 4?
Also here: DJI's Mavic Propeller Cage now available to order

The flight time is reduced by a few minutes so not sure about that.
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

bantis Posted at 2017-2-7 11:14
Pretty disappointed with the advanced charger. Still only one battery at a time. I don't see the point in having it when I can just switch batteries myself.

Edit: And how is it possible for the advanced hub to make the car charger work even better? Wouldn't the car charger work fastest by itself?

The advanced charging hub takes an hour off charge time (4 batteries) compared to the standard hub.
2017-2-7
Use props
Dronoob
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

StigNygaard Posted at 2017-2-7 09:05
I would like the sleeve. But it gets rather expensive with 22,73 € on top for shipping to Denmark :-( ...

Shipping to Germany is also 20 €. I'd really like to buy some of these but without a cheaper shipping alternative I simply won't.

I already ordered ND filters from PGY. They are the same price as the DJI filters but free shipping from China (20 days shipping time).
2017-2-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Will speed performance be affected, with cages, love the little fur jacket I take it , it will fit into combo bag looks like a very inexpensive extra protective lair for the Mavic.
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-7 11:54
Will speed performance be affected, with cages, love the little fur jacket I take it , it will fit into combo bag looks like a very inexpensive extra protective lair for the Mavic.

Not much out on it yet, should be soon.
2017-2-7
Use props
devGOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

I bet the Mavic is twice as loud with the Cage on it...
2017-2-7
Use props
xiaohong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52999 ft
Singapore

the new props are without the white strips. does the new propellers (presumably larger props) like support high altitude like the inspire series?
2017-2-7
Use props
Citation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134908 ft
United States

Cool options - have placed my order. Googles soon?
2017-2-7
Use props
way wrong
Second Officer
Flight distance : 351631 ft
Estonia

Dronoob Posted at 2017-2-7 11:38
Shipping to Germany is also 20 €. I'd really like to buy some of these but without a cheaper shipping alternative I simply won't.

I already ordered ND filters from PGY. They are the same price as the DJI filters but free shipping from China (20 days shipping time).

In my country (Estonia) stores are selling Mavic accessories with the same price as on DJI's website. No need to order from there if shops soon will take in the new accessories to be sold.
2017-2-7
Use props
Blackline
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5029167 ft
United States

pretty disappointed in having spent money on a charge hub, and now they come out with a better one already.
2017-2-8
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

xiaohong Posted at 2017-2-7 20:02
the new props are without the white strips. does the new propellers (presumably larger props) like support high altitude like the inspire series?

The cages and new props have to fit within the same radius that accommodates the current / standard props, which probably means that the new ones are actually smaller.
2017-2-8
Use props
fansea692431
lvl.1
Flight distance : 263737 ft
United States

I ordered fly more combo on 2/6/17 just saw propeller cage in store which I am interested in.  But there are news about official propeller guards from DJi but didn't see um anywhere.  Are there official propeller guards? If not cage looks like best option against potential crash as well
2017-2-8
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

fansea692431 Posted at 2017-2-8 06:01
I ordered fly more combo on 2/6/17 just saw propeller cage in store which I am interested in.  But there are news about official propeller guards from DJi but didn't see um anywhere.  Are there official propeller guards? If not cage looks like best option against potential crash as well

"just saw propeller cage in store which I am interested in.  But there are news about official propeller guards from DJi but didn't see um anywhere.  Are there official propeller guards?"

I've not seen any news about a separate prop guard accessory from DJI that's different from the prop cages being discussed here. As far as I can tell, this is their only planned solution for protection of / from the Mavic's propellers.
Edit: I was mistaken; as someone pointed out in another thread, they do now have a "Propeller Guard" accessory listed, though it's currently showing up as "Out of stock".
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

xiaohong Posted at 2017-2-7 20:02

The new props are a little smaller, not larger.
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Blackline Posted at 2017-2-8 05:35
pretty disappointed in having spent money on a charge hub, and now they come out with a better one already.

All the info on the Advanced Charging Hub has been out for several months so everyone's already know about it.
It's even talked about in the Charging Hub users guide that's been out since November.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ry+Charging+Hub.pdf
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-8 05:48
The cages and new props have to fit within the same radius that accommodates the current / standard props, which probably means that the new ones are actually smaller.

The standard props are called 8330 and the new props are called 7728.
The standard are 8.3" and the new ones are 7.7" so yes they are smaller.
That's how DJI labels it's props. The numbers are diameter x thread.
2017-2-8
Use props
WYHSniper1007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

The propeller case is so freaking expensive
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

WYHSniper1007 Posted at 2017-2-8 12:24
The propeller case is so freaking expensive

But it will protect your $1,000 aircraft.
2017-2-8
Use props
Citation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134908 ft
United States

Excellent point Ken.
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Thank you very much.
And they are an protection accessory, you don't have to buy them.
2017-2-10
Use props
MavicUser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431417 ft
Hong Kong

Before buying, be aware that the Prop cage is also only for Tripod mode or flying speed less than 2.68mph (1.2m/s)... The manual can be downloaded at: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Cage+User+Guide.pdf

New DJI Prop Guard: https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-propeller-guard#/?_k=duknkl
2017-2-10
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

MavicUser Posted at 2017-2-10 08:03
Before buying, be aware that the Prop cage is also only for Tripod mode or flying speed less than 2.68mph (1.2m/s)... The manual can be downloaded at: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Cage+User+Guide.pdf

New DJI Prop Guard: https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-propeller-guard#/?_k=duknkl

I think that's a slight misinterpretation of the manual, which says that the cage, ". . . may be damaged . . . if flight speeds exceed 2.68 MPH (1.2 m/s)" and that "Tripod mode is recommended" (emphasis mine). Those aren't unreasonable caveats given that it makes little sense to be flying close to obstructions at high speed.
2017-2-10
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

They will be available in 6 to 8 months
2017-2-10
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced