Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HDMI Output Module not working
7159 36 2017-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
photoholic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45581 ft
Switzerland

Hi everybody

I'm really desperated meanwhile and could throw my P4P straight out of the window  (turned off to be clear ;)).

I've bought already 2 HDMI Output Modules (because my dealer and I thought the first had to be broken) and the phenomena is always the same:

As soon as the HDMI Module is inserted I can't connect the remote anymore with my spartphone. I tried an iPhone and different Android devices. If I remove just the HDMI part of the hole module connection is fine and everything is working. HDMI Module is also getting a little warm(but that's propably okay).

Pressing C1 and C2 does generate a beep... so module installation should be fine.

Please anybody... what can I do?

Greetings and thanks for any ideas

John
2017-2-7
Use props
CyFA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Its a known issue am afraid. Have the same problem so i am waiting for the updates to try and re-install it ;)
2017-2-7
Use props
fansde4d0091
lvl.4
Flight distance : 222621 ft
United States

CyFA Posted at 2017-2-7 12:07
Its a known issue am afraid. Have the same problem so i am waiting for the updates to try and re-install it ;)

Hello,

Has there been an update for hdmi out not transmitting? Head play SE box has "no signal" screen
but works great with 5.8 Ghz and laptop 1080 hdmi.  Module installed and transmitting video to iPad
but not HP? Dual OSD is on, HW encoded but no connection to laptop or tv.  The back of module is
a copper color back, #54 DJI part.  Thanks!
edit: using App 4.0.6, RC 1.8.0, checked hdmi moduel ribbons, seated to white line and locked in.
2017-4-9
Use props
odontologo98
lvl.1

Brazil

Identical problem here..Very disappointed!

[/url]
2017-4-11
Use props
odontologo98
lvl.1

Brazil

2017-4-11
Use props
Droneczar
New
United States

Has anyone figured this out yet? My HDMI output module works fine when I just use DJI Go like normal, but when I plug any HDMI device in (TV, Goggles, etc) the feed on both the HDMI and the tablet goes bad with huge delays, splotching, green bars, etc... I returned and replaced the first HDMI module, and the second one I got has the exact same issue. Everything is on the newest firmware. I have Phantom 4 Pro. My desire is to be able to use an iPad and DJI Goggles simultaneously. I wish the goggles would work through the smaller USB port on the RC, but that doesn't seem to work, so I am going to have to figure out how to get HDMI. Would love any advice or suggestions. Thanks so much in advance.
2017-8-5
Use props
Droneczar
New
United States

Droneczar Posted at 2017-8-5 06:45
Has anyone figured this out yet? My HDMI output module works fine when I just use DJI Go like normal, but when I plug any HDMI device in (TV, Goggles, etc) the feed on both the HDMI and the tablet goes bad with huge delays, splotching, green bars, etc... I returned and replaced the first HDMI module, and the second one I got has the exact same issue. Everything is on the newest firmware. I have Phantom 4 Pro. My desire is to be able to use an iPad and DJI Goggles simultaneously. I wish the goggles would work through the smaller USB port on the RC, but that doesn't seem to work, so I am going to have to figure out how to get HDMI. Would love any advice or suggestions. Thanks so much in advance.

also, here is a link to a video of some of the issues it is having, although it is actually usually even worse than this https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx_b2XROCSioUmFfNkdPbkpOZDA
2017-8-5
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

have you refreshed the firmware after installing the module?
2017-8-5
Use props
Droneczar
New
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-8-5 07:51
have you refreshed the firmware after installing the module?

yes, I did actually a couple of times hahah to make sure
2017-8-5
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Droneczar Posted at 2017-8-5 08:16
yes, I did actually a couple of times hahah to make sure

Sorry, that was the only suggestion I had (saw it on another thread, I don't have the HDMI Module). Wish you luck.
2017-8-5
Use props
HighCamera
First Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here. It was a while ago but I ended up giving up and still have the module in the box on a shelf. Boo
2017-8-5
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

HighCamera Posted at 2017-8-5 09:33
Same here. It was a while ago but I ended up giving up and still have the module in the box on a shelf. Boo

How long ago are we talking, if I may ask?
2017-8-5
Use props
HighCamera
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

End of April. Actually ordered on April 21
2017-8-5
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

HighCamera Posted at 2017-8-5 13:03
End of April. Actually ordered on April 21

Thanks!
...I take it that you are certain that it is some kind of firmware issue and not hardware or I guess you would have returned or exchanged it?
I'm asking because I am, or maybe was, going to buy one.  Not sure now...
2017-8-5
Use props
HighCamera
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-5 18:50
Thanks!
...I take it that you are certain that it is some kind of firmware issue and not hardware or I guess you would have returned or exchanged it?
I'm asking because I am, or maybe was, going to buy one.  Not sure now...

I actually ordered it for use with some fat sharks, then the the dji  goggles came out. I had constant connection troubles before I even got either of the fpv goggles. I couldn't get the remote to talk to the tablet. I tried all the obvious things before putting the original module back in and all worked fine. Maybe it's fixed now
2017-8-5
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

HighCamera Posted at 2017-8-5 20:52
I actually ordered it for use with some fat sharks, then the the dji  goggles came out. I had constant connection troubles before I even got either of the fpv goggles. I couldn't get the remote to talk to the tablet. I tried all the obvious things before putting the original module back in and all worked fine. Maybe it's fixed now

I see...
Could be that it had something to do with the name brand/type of tablet you were using along with the current firmware they had out.  I've seen others on YouTube who are using the goggles and their tablets/phones with no apparent issues.  
Some of this technology, tech refresh, and product development is moving so fast it makes for a real challenge to keep everything compatible and working well together.
Hopefully the module will work for you now...I'm still thinking and deciding.
Thank you for your time & info
2017-8-5
Use props
embayweather
Captain
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

M problem too. Using an ipad,and an iphoen to connect with no result. Takeout the HDMI module and reaaplce with the original and all is well. I have tried everything I can think of short or praying for an answer. My dealer and DJI cannot help. I am considering buying another remote which has it already installed and does work, as it seems it is only a problem with some, not all remotes. Help DJI please.
2017-8-6
Use props
HighCamera
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-5 21:56
I see...
Could be that it had something to do with the name brand/type of tablet you were using along with the current firmware they had out.  I've seen others on YouTube who are using the goggles and their tablets/phones with no apparent issues.  
Some of this technology, tech refresh, and product development is moving so fast it makes for a real challenge to keep everything compatible and working well together.

My work around for HDMI is to use my nvidia shield tablet as it has an HDMI output. The use of the goggles is fine with that and they work with the USB cable. I don't need the module with this setup. You want it?

2017-8-6
Use props
fanscedfca6e
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983783 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Droneczar Posted at 2017-8-5 06:45

I have the excact same issue.
HDMI module used to work fine on both the P3P as the P4, but now with the P4P the screen is pixelated, delayed and even dropping connection. Both on the goggles as wel as the iPhone/ iPad.
2017-8-6
Use props
Droneczar
New
United States

OK guys. I fixed my issue. I don't know if this will do it for everyone but I am praising God I found this! DJI did not have a solution. I was having this HDMI issue as well as an issue where sometimes the camera shutter would cause the gimble to jump to the side and connection to drop...people on this forum told me it was an SD card formatting issue. I formatted the card but still had both issues. I then RELINKED my RC to my drone. I still had the issue. I then went into the DJI GO App camera settings and hit Reset All Camera Settings. Then both issues were fixed!!!!!!!!!! GIve it a try!
2017-8-6
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

HighCamera Posted at 2017-8-6 05:46
My work around for HDMI is to use my nvidia shield tablet as it has an HDMI output. The use of the goggles is fine with that and they work with the USB cable. I don't need the module with this setup. You want it?

Oh, OK now all of that make sense, and good for you that it is working out like you need.
You referring to me wanting your module?  Yes, I'd be interested...
2017-8-6
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

My Hdmi module worked for about 5 or 6 months, then gradually began having intermittent connection issues with both devices it worked fine with before, then would not connect ever again.  The interesting thing is, it also would not connect to my Standard, which connects through wifi only.     If I remove just the HDMI section of the module, the usb portion works as normal, and connects to  my Phantoms including the P3S, using either device.  So it seems the problem is isolated to the Hdmi section of the module, yet still affects the connectivity of the wifi as well as the usb to device connection.  Strange.    I also use an Nvidia Shield, which has an Hdmi output, but my purpose was to be able to use 2 sets of goggles at once, which I can not do without a working Hdmi module on the remote.
2017-8-6
Use props
HighCamera
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-6 12:46
Oh, OK now all of that make sense, and good for you that it is working out like you need.
You referring to me wanting your module?  Yes, I'd be interested...

Make me an offer
2017-8-6
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

I sent my opening bid by PM
2017-8-6
Use props
JUAN P4P
lvl.1
Colombia

I have the same problem as everybody is having, is DJI going to be responsible on this case and fix this issuea at all? can you dji employees please chime in this situation? i dont want to have a 99 usd paperweight.. i upgraded firmware with original usb-only module, then installed hdmi module and refreshed firmware, it worked for 2 days, and then out of nowhere it just failed, whenever i connevct a hdmi cable from the controller (if i dont plug it into hdmi screen it still works on the usb) to a tv,(yes, tried many cables and many tvs) it immediately drops the signal on the phone and it intermits from weak signal to disconnectede but never i get a camera signal on the phone again, and it just keeps on doing this dance intermitently, and as far as the tv, it goes from no input to signal, same intermitently but never i get a video feed to como on the tv!!!
2017-9-9
Use props
TheMann58
Captain
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try reinstalling latest firmware using DJI app and/or DJI Assistant 2 to see if that enables proper operation of the HDMI module.

NOTE: After you install the HDMI module, you need to reinstall the latest firmware EVEN IF YOU HAD ALREADY INSTALLED THE LATEST FIRMWARE,  because drivers need to be installed for the HDMI module to work correctly.  This is just like when  you install new hardware in your PC and then you have to install drivers for the new devices to be recognized and work properly. Reinstalling the latest firmware drivers - particularly for the Remote Controller, will install these needed hardware drivers.

I have installed HDMI modules on all my RCs over the years including the P3Pro, P4 and and two P4Pros, and it was necessary each time to install (or re-install) latest firmware to get the HDMI module working. I exclusively use Apple iPad Air 2 and Apple iPad Pro 10.5" as my controller device. I did install my P4Pro HDMI modules several firmware versions ago, so there may be an issue with the latest firmware causing problems with HDMI module upgrades, but my already installed HDMI modules continue to work with the latest firmware version.
2017-9-9
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-9-9 10:45
Try reinstalling latest firmware using DJI app and/or DJI Assistant 2 to see if that enables proper operation of the HDMI module.

NOTE: After you install the HDMI module, you need to reinstall the latest firmware EVEN IF YOU HAD ALREADY INSTALLED THE LATEST FIRMWARE,  because drivers need to be installed for the HDMI module to work correctly.  This is just like when  you install new hardware in your PC and then you have to install drivers for the new devices to be recognized and work properly. Reinstalling the latest firmware drivers - particularly for the Remote Controller, will install these needed hardware drivers.

That  does not explain why mine worked fine for 6 months.  I did not change firmware on anything or upgrade the app.  It just went from working to non-working.  I think it is actually a hardware issue that Dji will not resolve.  Mine did not fail till it was out of warranty, so I am screwed I guess.
2017-9-9
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

I installed a module about 2 weeks ago in a P4P RC, besides being tedious for the install, all went well.  I then updated all FW per on screen indications.  After reboots I then checked that settings would permit HDMI output and to dual screen.  As far as the goggles go you have to go in to their settings to enable HDMI to receive the feed.  It all works as it should, goggles connected through the HDMI port and my Tab A connected through the standard USB and both show and operate as advertised.
One issue that I had for the Samsung mobile devices, you have to enable in the settings for device to automatically (default) open DJI GO 4 when connecting that device to the remote controller i.e. it recognizes that device as being related to the GO 4 app.  You should get a pop up when connecting that asks for that to be a default or you can do it in the settings.  Not sure that is related, but that was a bit of a problem I had during setup.
2017-9-9
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-9-9 11:54
That  does not explain why mine worked fine for 6 months.  I did not change firmware on anything or upgrade the app.  It just went from working to non-working.  I think it is actually a hardware issue that Dji will not resolve.  Mine did not fail till it was out of warranty, so I am screwed I guess.

Yes you may be correct...doesn't it always work that way...makes you wonder
2017-9-9
Use props
ArtSez
Flight distance : 1530778 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue, when remote connected to iPhone and working properly, the minute you connect a device to the HDMI port, your iPhone camera view shuts off and the HDMI connected device flashes on/off continuously, neither screen is viewable, not the googles or the iPhone. Any HDMI device connected to the remote, shuts down the tablet or iPhone. My module was purchased separately also, so not a factory module. May return the goggles until they get it together, this was the entire reason for the HDMI module so friends or family can view while I fly. I don't necessarily enjoy flying alone with the goggles, it was more so others can view.
2017-9-19
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1153681 ft
United States

odontologo98 Posted at 2017-4-11 16:47
Identical problem here..Very disappointed!

https://youtu.be/k2PjlnWCFdA[/url]

Exactly the same problem we are having, and sent my Controller in to have DJI to fix it, and it came back with the same problem I sent it in with.....Their Tech. Support SUCKS!!
2018-1-7
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.4
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-5 21:56
I see...
Could be that it had something to do with the name brand/type of tablet you were using along with the current firmware they had out.  I've seen others on YouTube who are using the goggles and their tablets/phones with no apparent issues.  

We should all ask for a Full Refund from DJI! They claim they found an issue on the Controller I sent in, they then said they had REPAIRED IT AND IT TESTED ALL OK! (NOT) they sent me another Controller that was not mine, it had no updates we had to do that all over again as if we had bought a new system, and the damn thing Still Doesn't Work!! How long does DJI expect us to stay as Customers when they blatantly Lie to us.
2018-1-7
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.4
United States

embayweather Posted at 2017-8-6 03:30
M problem too. Using an ipad,and an iphoen to connect with no result. Takeout the HDMI module and reaaplce with the original and all is well. I have tried everything I can think of short or praying for an answer. My dealer and DJI cannot help. I am considering buying another remote which has it already installed and does work, as it seems it is only a problem with some, not all remotes. Help DJI please.

We have the same Problem and DJI has blatantly lied to all of us....They treat us as if we are all Stupid, maybe a Good Class Action Lawsuit will get their Attention!!
2018-1-7
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.4
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-8-6 14:34
My Hdmi module worked for about 5 or 6 months, then gradually began having intermittent connection issues with both devices it worked fine with before, then would not connect ever again.  The interesting thing is, it also would not connect to my Standard, which connects through wifi only.     If I remove just the HDMI section of the module, the usb portion works as normal, and connects to  my Phantoms including the P3S, using either device.  So it seems the problem is isolated to the Hdmi section of the module, yet still affects the connectivity of the wifi as well as the usb to device connection.  Strange.    I also use an Nvidia Shield, which has an Hdmi output, but my purpose was to be able to use 2 sets of goggles at once, which I can not do without a working Hdmi module on the remote.

DJI has Tricked and Lied to all of us! We should all start a Class Action Lawsuit and get their Attention! either Fix the Problems or REFUND ALL OF OUR MONEY ON EVERYTHING!
2018-1-7
Use props
WU5C
lvl.1
United States

Ssheeze !!! And I thought that I would purchase one. I too just want the person next to me enjoy the flight with the goggles.  But as I see it you must;
1. Install HDMI onto your transmitter
2. Re-install the firmware
3. In the DJO GO 4 app reset the cameral and gimbal
4. make sure you set dual HDMI outputs.
5. Enjoy the view.

Did I miss something?
2018-1-25
Use props
GustavoRAX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1276 ft
Brazil

P4PCommander Posted at 2018-1-7 09:26
Exactly the same problem we are having, and sent my Controller in to have DJI to fix it, and it came back with the same problem I sent it in with.....Their Tech. Support SUCKS!!

I experienced a similar problem here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=210209&utm_source=djiforum&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=emailnote&pbc=dapforum&page=1#pid210035
2020-3-7
Use props
GustavoRAX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1276 ft
Brazil

Previous text link
2020-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules