Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello all,

I have been wondering how to balance a single prop that is part of the matrice pair of props. I can balance a normal prop with my ballencer but one of the singles is proving an issue.
Maybe you can only balance for equal weight?

If anybody know I would love to learn as on going testing for vibration to illuminate  rolling shutter or jello is underway as you might of seen in another thread.

thanks

Ricci
2017-2-7
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Ricci2, I have an S1000 and I remove the blades from the aircraft, align the holes and screw them together with a threaded blade balancer. Place the assembly on a flat surface to ensure the blades  are at exactly 180 degrees from each other and balance as normal. I just hang the blade between two wine glasses.
2017-2-22
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can also use a Tarot type blade holder to attach the blades to and then use the same method, I think it is always important to balance in pairs.  Hope this helps?
2017-2-22
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2017-2-22 00:59
You can also use a Tarot type blade holder to attach the blades to and then use the same method, I think it is always important to balance in pairs.  Hope this helps?

Thank you Skysight aerial, thats a simple and creative way to do it. I shay try that later.

Ricci
2017-2-22
Use props
3x3q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815666 ft
United States

I tried balancing my M600 propellers today. My main concern: how do I know the blades oppose each other by exactly π? I know that they are very close when I tug on both ends respectively, but very close isn't what I'm looking for. I'm not quite seeing how laying the assembly down on a flat surface will help. Here's the propeller balancer I am using (traditionally for connected blades).

Am I correct in assuming that with a Tarot blade holder, like SkySight recommended, one could hang a single blade loosely, let gravity straighten it out, then tighten that blade in snugly, then do the same with the other end? Help understanding this would be much appreciated.

2017-3-9
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hi,
This method has  a few issues after examination, so I have found one true way to locate the two props.
take a straight edge and measure the the blade tip and mark the centre with a fine pencil, then use the straight edge and draw a line on a sheet of paper longer than the combined props. insert your balance bar which automatically centres the both holes and do up until you can just move the blades. now put the pivot bar roughly in the centre of the line and line up the tips until they both align with the pencil line, as long as you have the middle of the blade tips on the line and the pivot bar on the same line, when all three touch you are perfect and ready to balance with both blades horizontally opposed. do the pivot cones up tight now. what might be better for repeated use is a old wooden ruler over 42" long with a hole in the centre for the pivot bar and a scored line running the length of the wood with the hole as the centre, this you then align the centre of the rotor tips and bisecting the pivot hole.

This is one way to align it.

Ricci
2017-3-9
Use props
i.am.ivan.stan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 345302 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

question:

i have new m600pro

how do i know if the propellers need to be balanced?

2018-1-23
Use props
i.am.ivan.stan
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

whats happening here ??
2018-1-23
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

that looks like a propeller balance issue considering it's at such a low frequency with such high change but a part of me thinks thats not correct and it's an issue with the flight controller not being able to stop oscillations, and the oscillations could be caused by the unbalanced prop
does the M600 visibly oscillate when hovering off the ground? or is it not visible, unless you look at the camera feed
2018-1-23
Use props
i.am.ivan.stan
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

HyperSpectral Posted at 2018-1-23 06:23
that looks like a propeller balance issue considering it's at such a low frequency with such high change but a part of me thinks thats not correct and it's an issue with the flight controller not being able to stop oscillations, and the oscillations could be caused by the unbalanced prop
does the M600 visibly oscillate when hovering off the ground? or is it not visible, unless you look at the camera feed

it seems it was to gimbal settings, most of vibrations were removed, some still remain,  i will update on any progress....
2018-1-25
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i.am.ivan.stan Posted at 2018-1-23 02:38
question:

i have new m600pro

Hi, sorry for the delay, I am stuck in Antartica with very little internet.
if one of your arms is oscillating on the M600 when on the ground raise the rpm to takeoff at 1.2m then land then see if the oscillating continues on that arm. you are looking for a difference between the arms, even a chip on the prop will make a small vibration and it will increase with speed. thats how you can visually know. if you have a smart phone with a vibration app you can remove the props and place the phone on the flat of the arm and operate the motors, go to each one to see the difference this will show if the motor bearing has an issue. for props follow the above instructions to check balance.
hope that helps.

Ricci
2018-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules