M600 Hex charger with a generator
5950 12 2017-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Randolphin
lvl.2
Australia

Anyone using the M600 Hex charger with a 1000 watt generator, such as the yamaha eu1000?
I'd be interested in charge times etc, I have a remote job coming up.

I am a purchaser of the orignal M600 that shipped without an appropriate charging sytem.
I had to buy 3x180 watt hubs to charge before DJI introduced the Hex (and now it ships for free with the M600 or M600 pro!).
2017-2-7
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi,
if you're using the 240v or 110v from the genie  it will be the same charge time as you would see at home on the house supply. @540w for the battery charger a 1000w genset will cope just fine.
Time your home charger and your good to go. Solar and inverter is a bit more difficult to calculate due to weather conditions at the time.
hoped that helped.

ricci
2017-2-7
Use props
Randolphin
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks,  so what times are you getting with the hex charger?  I don't have the hex and want to compare to using the 3 hubs.
2017-2-7
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Randolphin Posted at 2017-2-7 19:07
Thanks,  so what times are you getting with the hex charger?  I don't have the hex and want to compare to using the 3 hubs.

Hi,
Just recharged from 22% and it took 103 mins.

hope that helps
2017-2-8
Use props
Randolphin
lvl.2
Australia

ricci2 Posted at 2017-2-8 14:43
Hi,
Just recharged from 22% and it took 103 mins.

I think I'm getting better times with the 3 hubs, and I can leave 12 batteries on charge, so I may stick with them
2017-2-14
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

I agree with the hubs but the box is a wee bit neater and thats it.

ricci
2017-2-14
Use props
Randolphin
lvl.2
Australia

Hi there. Camped out here on the Nullarbor. The Yamaha 1000 generator is going fine. I think I'm going to have to order a hex charger for the times when I only have half an hour so I can at least top up the batteries, does the hex work like that? Say I have the batteries at 40% and I put them on the hex for half an hour will it top them up to say 60%. Will it do this equally with every battery.Trouble with the hubs is that I have to fully charge as they don't charge simulataneously.

I must say DJI I'm pretty annoyed that I purchased one of the first M600's had 3 months of trouble while I was on assignment which costs thousands in reshoots. Also I  had to purchase the hubs because you didn't have a professional solution. And now I have  to buy a hex charger when everyone who now buys a m600 or m600 pro gets one free.
2017-3-4
Use props
nil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1874137 ft
Denmark

The Hex charter is 6 individual 100W chargers so when you put your batteries on, they will all start to charge simultaneously, but as far as I know they are not linked together to even out different charge levels between batteries should that be the case, (until the point they all reach 100%). I have made 5 or 6 charge time tests from various charge levels. From 4% - 100% it took 82 min. One important point to make here is when the battery says 100% charge (tb47s) it is at 4250 mAh now and not the nominal 4500 mAh for a new battery.

One other thing to note is that two batteries both showing 100% charge (in Dji GO app) might not have the same capacity level. The % level figure is based on the battery's current Maximum charge level and not its nominal value. So when you discharge your batteries in flight you might end up with different charge levels across the batteries if they don't have the same charge capacity to start with, when they show the same % level, because the batteries are discharged to the same voltage level, ( more or less).

2017-3-5
Use props
zergurush
lvl.1

Sweden

I use this one Generac 7043 for charging my stuff!
2019-2-27
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

It's an old post but still the info could be useful for some today. I just measured the current that the Hex Charger draws and at 230 Volt it is almost 3 Amps at the most charging six TB47S batteries (not the controller).

I suppose a generator is specified based on current and voltage as well. The total power is 230 x 3 = 700 W rounded up. As charging takes about 90 minutes I am considering a 1200 Wh power bank or something like that... Better than a generator in my view. I have seven sets of batteries but still run out every now and then!!
2022-9-16
Use props
Sarina33
lvl.1

United States

If you are using the M600 Hex charger with a 1000 watt generator like the Yamaha EU1000, there are a few factors to consider regarding charge times and compatibility.

Power Output: The Yamaha EU1000 generator has a rated power output of 1000 watts. It's important to note that the M600 Hex charger requires a power supply capable of providing sufficient wattage to charge the batteries effectively.

Charging Time: The charging time will depend on several factors, including the number of batteries being charged, their current charge level, and the specific charging settings used. DJI typically provides estimated charging times for their batteries, which you can find in the product specifications or user manual.

Compatibility: Before connecting the M600 Hex charger to the portable genrator, ensure that the generator's power output is compatible with the charger's input requirementsVerify the voltage and current specifications of both the generator and the charger to ensure a safe and proper connection.

Consult DJI Support: For precise information on charge times and compatibility with specific generators, it is recommended to reach out to DJI support directly. They will have the expertise to provide you with accurate guidance based on your equipment and setup.

It's great that DJI now includes an appropriate charging system with the M600 or M600 Pro. This should simplify the charging process for users and ensure compatibility with the drone's battery system.

As your remote job is approaching, it's essential to test the charging setup before relying on it in the field. Verify that the generator, charger, and batteries are functioning correctly and that you have a clear understanding of the expected charging times based on your specific setup.
2023-6-6
Use props
Sarina33
lvl.1

United States

If you are using the M600 Hex charger with a 1000 watt generator like the Yamaha EU1000, there are a few factors to consider regarding charge times and compatibility.

Power Output: The Yamaha EU1000 generator has a rated power output of 1000 watts. It's important to note that the M600 Hex charger requires a power supply capable of providing sufficient wattage to charge the batteries effectively.

Charging Time: The charging time will depend on several factors, including the number of batteries being charged, their current charge level, and the specific charging settings used. DJI typically provides estimated charging times for their batteries, which you can find in the product specifications or user manual.

Compatibility: Before connecting the M600 Hex charger to the portalbe generator, ensure that the generator's power output is compatible with the charger's input requirementsVerify the voltage and current specifications of both the generator and the charger to ensure a safe and proper connection.

Consult DJI Support: For precise information on charge times and compatibility with specific generators, it is recommended to reach out to DJI support directly. They will have the expertise to provide you with accurate guidance based on your equipment and setup.

It's great that DJI now includes an appropriate charging system with the M600 or M600 Pro. This should simplify the charging process for users and ensure compatibility with the drone's battery system.

As your remote job is approaching, it's essential to test the charging setup before relying on it in the field. Verify that the generator, charger, and batteries are functioning correctly and that you have a clear understanding of the expected charging times based on your specific setup.
2023-6-6
Use props
jamescarrey
lvl.1

Pakistan

Thank you so much for sharing these types of information ([https://guidgenerator.site/]free guid[/https://guidgenerator.site/])
2023-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules