DJI Mavic Pro - Connecting a Mobile Device
202341 202341 2017-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Here's how to connect a mobile device to your Mavic Pro remote controller.

2017-2-8
Use props
shoxer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2621 ft
Ireland

mhm, awesome...
few topics, many questions and no answer.

osmo+ via dji go and mavic via dji go4. how to make them work on android phone?

if go app is instaled can't connect to mavic. if go4 is installed can't connect to osmo+ .

Force stop is not helping.

Y U no add Osmo/+/Mobile in DJI GO4 app if there is this problem?

AND

Mavic is no longer supported with DJI GO so there is no other way then uninstalling an app i don't want to use at the moment.
2017-2-8
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

It's a good video and worthwhile watching as many people have been caught out by not removing the cable from the side when using the USB port at the bottom.
2017-2-8
Use props
Capt Hurls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84675 ft
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-2-8 23:41
It's a good video and worthwhile watching as many people have been caught out by not removing the cable from the side when using the USB port at the bottom.

Yes - that one got me first time I tried!
2017-2-10
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

So  now that I've hooked it up correctly why does it only record my still shots to phone but not my video!  
2017-2-10
Use props
fansc2c90ed0
New

United States

I recently received my Mavic Pro, been watching the DJI tutorials as well as other YouTube how to videos to educate myself.

In these videos, it says to stay away from metal objects during calibration. My issue is that I have a metal hip and I have some metal screws in my spine. Is this going to be an issue during calibration?

I guess when it is saying stay away from metal objects, are there more specifics regarding this? There is metal on a persons belt, jacket, watch etc...

Thank you.
2017-2-11
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

Fences, tables, etc., LARGE chunks of steel...you should be fine
2017-2-11
Use props
Lonewolf5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3402 ft
  • >>>
United States

I still can't connect my phone to the controller and because of that I can't activate my drone and I've been trying for 3 weeks now. I emailed DJI and have not receive a response back, and I called them and they told me what to do and I already had tried all the methods they gave me and still nothing. Please help.
2017-2-11
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lonewolf5 Posted at 2017-2-11 21:11
I still can't connect my phone to the controller and because of that I can't activate my drone and I've been trying for 3 weeks now. I emailed DJI and have not receive a response back, and I called them and they told me what to do and I already had tried all the methods they gave me and still nothing. Please help.

This is for IOS IPHONE6S+, Force close all of the apps even GO4 APP.

* Turn RC, show connected, turn on the AC, RC should say connected to AC, plug your phone, open GO 4 APP, wait few seconds and you should have the GO FLY NOW TURN BLUE.

If did not work, turn off AC, then RC, exit the GO4 APP and repeat in the same order.

sometimes it works in the first time and sometimes I have to do it 2 or 3 times before I connect.

Good luck...
2017-2-12
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

fansc2c90ed0 Posted at 2017-2-11 14:28
I recently received my Mavic Pro, been watching the DJI tutorials as well as other YouTube how to videos to educate myself.

In these videos, it says to stay away from metal objects during calibration. My issue is that I have a metal hip and I have some metal screws in my spine. Is this going to be an issue during calibration?

I have four titanium skull plates and was worried about the same thing, turns out not to be a problem at all.
DJI-Ken does say to leave your keys behind, so when I'm prompted to calibrate the compass, I set the Mavic down where I plan to launch, walk a few yards away and set down my controller and keychain, or any other metal I might have, start calibration, and walk back to the drone to complete the calibration steps. I don't bother taking off my watch and have a belt with lots of metal rivets that doesn't seem to be a problem, either.
2017-2-12
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

What phone are you using, we'll need more info in order to help. If you've tried all the steps DJI suggested, it might be time to send it in to the service center for evaluation. Before doing that, though, I'd try to see if another DJI-approved phone works for you -- it might just be your phone that's acting up rather than the Mavic.
2017-2-12
Use props
Lonewolf5
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-12 20:46
What phone are you using, we'll need more info in order to help. If you've tried all the steps DJI suggested, it might be time to send it in to the service center for evaluation. Before doing that, though, I'd try to see if another DJI-approved phone works for you -- it might just be your phone that's acting up rather than the Mavic.

I've tried an iPhone 5, and iPhone 6, and an iPhones 7plus and none of them have worked.
2017-2-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Lonewolf5 Posted at 2017-2-13 08:06
I've tried an iPhone 5, and iPhone 6, and an iPhones 7plus and none of them have worked.

Have you tried replacing the connecting cable with one of your Lightening cables in the bottom port? I think you have to unplug the side port cable first. If that doesn't work, I'd expect the problem to be in the RC itself, which would need to be sent in for service/replacement.

If your phones can connect with the RC, but the RC can't connect to the Mavic, then the RC and Mavic may not be linked; instructions for doing so are in the Mavic manual v1.2 on pg 39.
2017-2-13
Use props
Lonewolf5
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-13 08:21
Have you tried replacing the connecting cable with one of your Lightening cables in the bottom port? I think you have to unplug the side port cable first. If that doesn't work, I'd expect the problem to be in the RC itself, which would need to be sent in for service/replacement.

If your phones can connect with the RC, but the RC can't connect to the Mavic, then the RC and Mavic may not be linked; instructions for doing so are in the Mavic manual v1.2 on pg 39.

I have tried a different cable and my phone shows it's charging when I connect it but it doesn't let me connect it to the drone or RC so I'm not sure what it could be. I may try to see if maybe the rc isn't connected to the mavic but I doubt that would be it but it's worth a shot.
2017-2-13
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

When will the new firmware of mavic release?
2017-2-16
Use props
fans8c7e7e0a
lvl.2

United States

Samsung Galaxy ON5 works perfect so far !
2017-2-17
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

WYHSniper1007 Posted at 2017-2-16 12:55
When will the new firmware of mavic release?

Already been released on Feb 14
2017-2-17
Use props
eduardoCosta14
New

Brazil

Try to replace the cable, use the USB connector under the remote control.
2017-2-18
Use props
eduardoCosta14
New

Brazil

2017-2-18
Use props
SR-71Habu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191125 ft
United States

Dude, your post is tugging at the heartstrings...

I ain't DJI, and I won't call myself a Mavic expert yet, but let me just offer this advice to do as a general step to answer a few different questions.

Borrow another phone or device, install DJI Go4, login to your DJI account inside Go and then go ahead and register the drone, and then update or even fly too if you want. At least you have your drone reg'ed, and you know that your phone is definitively the issue.
2017-2-18
Use props
SR-71Habu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191125 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-12 20:41
I have four titanium skull plates and was worried about the same thing, turns out not to be a problem at all.
DJI-Ken does say to leave your keys behind, so when I'm prompted to calibrate the compass, I set the Mavic down where I plan to launch, walk a few yards away and set down my controller and keychain, or any other metal I might have, start calibration, and walk back to the drone to complete the calibration steps. I don't bother taking off my watch and have a belt with lots of metal rivets that doesn't seem to be a problem, either.

Prolly being a bit nitpicky here Ex, but I can't tell if Ken clarified the issue with your plates (must be a story there...). He said it isn't a problem at all because your plates are titanium which is non-ferrous, not because metal in the body might not ever be a problem.

In fact his paranoia (perhaps justified) about a keychain would be a concern since the human body is not very effective shielding for magnetic fields. Depending on the mass and location of the devices in the body I would guesstimate that a relatively small chunk of metal like a key chain that needs to be 4-5 ft or more away from the sensors would be *less* magnetically attractive than chunks of ferrous metal in the body.

There is not any type of body tissue/bone that shields the effects of electro magnetism very much and it seems from what I read around here that these sensors are perceived as super finicky (beyond what I believe to be true, FWIW), so I'd say to the OP to exercise caution after a calibration and note anything quirky. Or just find a volunteer to compass dance for 30 secs.
2017-2-18
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lonewolf5 Posted at 2017-2-13 11:04
I have tried a different cable and my phone shows it's charging when I connect it but it doesn't let me connect it to the drone or RC so I'm not sure what it could be. I may try to see if maybe the rc isn't connected to the mavic but I doubt that would be it but it's worth a shot.

I have the same issue, using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. If I plug the phone using the side plug, with the original cable, the phone will show as "charging" when the controller is powered on, but DJI 4 go or Litchi will not start and the Mavic itself will show as disconnected (on the phone, in the App).
If I use the bottom plug, it works perfectly.

It used to work on my first few flights, but then, lost connection while flying and since then, no luck getting it to work. Wondering if it's my cable that is defective. Ordering another Male to Male Micro USB to test. Hopefully, it's just the cable, and not the controller. Charging via the port is fine too.

Or it could be the S7 needing too much power and the side port is not working well with those.
2017-2-19
Use props
Midwest_Blue
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202247 ft
United States

chalde Posted at 2017-2-19 11:12
I have the same issue, using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. If I plug the phone using the side plug, with the original cable, the phone will show as "charging" when the controller is powered on, but DJI 4 go or Litchi will not start and the Mavic itself will show as disconnected (on the phone, in the App).

I also Have the 7 edge. I tried to change the phone setting, to not charging. But don't take affect . I feel the controller has a shorting battery life, cause it's charging the phone. I do try to have everything a full 100% charged. A little frustrated . But, Hey! .If that really the only problem I have. Using Litchi as the default program for the MP. I have tried both controller ports, too.
2017-2-20
Use props
David000
lvl.1

United States

I'm having a slightly different issue... the DJI GO 4 app is crashing on both my Galaxy S7 edge and Galaxy S5 phones.  It seems to have started after the firmware upgrade a few days ago.  I don't understand how upgrading the firmware on the Mavic creates an issue with the app... but that's the only factor in my flight environment that has changed.  
2017-2-20
Use props
PR MAVIC
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Is it just me or are other users experiencing problems using a iPhone5 with the DJI go app. It intermittently connects with the 5 but the others 6s connects every time without fail. Any help would be much appreciated.
Mavic pro user.

2017-2-20
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Midwest_Blue Posted at 2017-2-20 09:09
I also Have the 7 edge. I tried to change the phone setting, to not charging. But don't take affect . I feel the controller has a shorting battery life, cause it's charging the phone. I do try to have everything a full 100% charged. A little frustrated . But, Hey! .If that really the only problem I have. Using Litchi as the default program for the MP. I have tried both controller ports, too.

Are you able to connect Litchi with your S7, with side port?

I also tried with a Galaxy Note 3 - same issue, using the side port. Got a replacement cable ordered. Hopefully, it's just the cable.
I don't mind using the bottom port, but it's less "elegant".

2017-2-20
Use props
fans9d21242f
lvl.1

Singapore

chalde Posted at 2017-2-19 11:12

I have the same issue too, using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. If I plug the phone using the side plug and the bottom usb, with the original cable, the phone will show as "charging" when the controller is powered on , it drain off my rc power fast ...But the app works perfectly ! whats going wrong ? the RC ,phone or the cable itself....?
2017-2-20
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans9d21242f Posted at 2017-2-20 21:40
I have the same issue too, using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. If I plug the phone using the side plug and the bottom usb, with the original cable, the phone will show as "charging" when the controller is powered on , it drain off my rc power fast ...But the app works perfectly ! whats going wrong ? the RC ,phone or the cable itself....?

App is not connecting for me if I use the side USB on the RC, to connect to the phone.
It only works if I use the bottom USB connection on the RC to connect to my phone.
Battery on either doesn't seem affected that way tho.
2017-2-21
Use props
David000
lvl.1

United States

David000 Posted at 2017-2-20 10:51
I'm having a slightly different issue... the DJI GO 4 app is crashing on both my Galaxy S7 edge and Galaxy S5 phones.  It seems to have started after the firmware upgrade a few days ago.  I don't understand how upgrading the firmware on the Mavic creates an issue with the app... but that's the only factor in my flight environment that has changed.

I resolved the app crashes.  Here is how (for Android devices):

Open your file explorer on your device and navigate to your home file directory.  This is either referred to as "Device Storage" or /storage/emulated/0.

You will be deleting the DJI and the dji.go.v4 folders, so if you need your cached flight logs or cached media, backup the DJI folder.  Proceed to delete the DJI and dji.go.v4 folders, then try launching the app.  

Hopefully this works for you. It did for me on my Galaxy S7 Edge!
2017-2-21
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Received my replacement cable and it's been connecting fine using the side USB port. I'll be extra careful with the new cable not to pinch it excessively or bend it too much. Probably not going to use the clamp either so I have more movement freedom with the cable.
So, if you have problem with the side connector, if possible, try a different cable ($8 (+$10 shipping) on DJI for the replacement, roughly same on Amazon, minus shipping cost if you're prime customer. Type C to Type C).
2017-2-23
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I personally take the sliding hollow plastic block out from the left handle and keep my phone in my case.  I can see it to plug it in, and works for me.
2017-2-23
Use props
Citation
lvl.3
Flight distance : 134908 ft
United States

Love the video, please put out one for every operation on the controller.
2017-2-23
Use props
PassBy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139967 ft

Malaysia

Nice and clear video clip.. thanks for teaching..
2017-2-23
Use props
Alex Hong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68524 ft
New Zealand

very good
2017-2-25
Use props
Alex Hong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68524 ft
New Zealand

Thanks, I connected my Samsung Galaxy note 3 but still I can't connect with my Ipad air A1567 on USB on Controller
2017-2-25
Use props
Fireside
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56325 ft
United States

I'm new to forums and even sure how to navigate in them. Really could use some guidance on downloaded and editing videos. Tx
2017-2-25
Use props
Fireside
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56325 ft
United States

Citation Posted at 2017-2-23 14:11
Love the video, please put out one for every operation on the controller.

I'm new to video editing and don't even know how to download them to my pc. Followed directions without any luck. Suggestion please?
2017-2-25
Use props
MRK
New

India

HI,
I am Moses from india, I have recently purchased Mavic pro Combo pack. I am using it for a while now and i having a issue while connecting my mobile through the Remote Controller.
As per the videos and support says, when we connect the mobile device on to the controller the mobile should get charging simuntaniously right???? but when i connect the mobile that particular time it show like charging then when i start using the drone, the mobile is left uncharged??? can anyone helps me out how to resolve this issue? or anyone has facing the same like me!!!!

I am using Iphone6s as my mobile device.
2017-2-25
Use props
twh1968
lvl.1

United Kingdom

What kind of phone are using , and are you using the Go 4 app ?
2017-2-28
Use props
chunky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128514 ft
United Kingdom

works fine with my pixel xl
2017-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules