653 5 2017-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JBInspire
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1863438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So being new to the video side of things I have been testing out the X4S on the Inspire 2. Generally very pleased, but have an issue to resolve which I am sure is pretty simple.

I don't have any ND filters yet (non available) and have been shooting in either 30FPS with 1/60 shutter or 60FPF with 1/120 shutter (using shutter priority). Now when I am moving around I am getting stark exposure changes which mess up the shots. Here is a very brief example (download): Dropbox - X4S 4K 60FPS Test 3.mov

So are the changes caused by aperture changes and associated exposure change? Should I just always be shooting in full manual controlling shutter and aperture or can I just lock the exposure?

Sorry if these are really noob questions, but its just stuff I need to work through (i'm comfortable on the photo side of things). Thanks in advance.

2017-2-8
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

you can get filters for the X4S from polar pro in fact they are shipping right now
2017-2-8
Use props
userf1d95a1ea1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 448110 ft
United States

You should be manually setting a white balance, be it a preset or tweaking it yourself manually. But that will solve your issue. I'm not sure you can lock exposure like before, and such as I can with my phantom 3. The new app and the Inspire may be different. However setting a custom white balance to match your scene conditions at flight time or just tweaking it for a general setting of your liking should help you. It's keeping the white balance set to auto that is making exposure continually compensate and change.
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, do you have exposure set to auto or manual when this happens? Auto Exposure tends to do that. Shooting in manual will keep it consistent, but you might want to look into ND filters when you have the chance. Like Jon mentioned, there are at least 3rd party ones available at the moment if you need something more immediately.
2017-2-8
Use props
JBInspire
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1863438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-8 16:09
Just to clarify, do you have exposure set to auto or manual when this happens? Auto Exposure tends to do that. Shooting in manual will keep it consistent, but you might want to look into ND filters when you have the chance. Like Jon mentioned, there are at least 3rd party ones available at the moment if you need something more immediately.

This was in shutter priority mode, so I will switch to manual. I was using a preset white balance (cloudy) so it shouldn't have been white balance changes.

It is just quire a change from the x3 which would gradually shot exposure among changes much less noticeable. But taking control of the camera myself seems like the right way to go.

Thanks.
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

JBInspire Posted at 2017-2-9 22:37
This was in shutter priority mode, so I will switch to manual. I was using a preset white balance (cloudy) so it shouldn't have been white balance changes.

It is just quire a change from the x3 which would gradually shot exposure among changes much less noticeable. But taking control of the camera myself seems like the right way to go.

Let us know how it works out.
2017-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules