2486 20 2017-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Looking at ordering new batteries for my Inspire 2, in the DJI store is says "Out of stock", never seen that before. Only lenghty deliverytimes when low supply. What is up with that?
2017-2-8
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same here, the store itself does not allow me to purchase anything through the store being wrongly setup for UK customers. And now it is out of stock. It is strange that they would not allow you to purchase them and have them delivered 'when available'.
My only guess is that they discovered a fault within the current TB50 batteries and have taken them off the store, we will know soon enough once Inspire 2's around the globe start dropping out of the sky
2017-2-8
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

JBSonic Posted at 2017-2-8 08:41
Same here, the store itself does not allow me to purchase anything through the store being wrongly setup for UK customers. And now it is out of stock. It is strange that they would not allow you to purchase them and have them delivered 'when available'.
My only guess is that they discovered a fault within the current TB50 batteries and have taken them off the store, we will know soon enough once Inspire 2's around the globe start dropping out of the sky

Hope nobody will have any issues, but something seems to be up.
2017-2-8
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

They will have new battery soon. Call TB5X, release with INSPIRE 2 PRO. Super 35mm lens
2017-2-8
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WYHSniper1007 Posted at 2017-2-8 08:49
They will have new battery soon. Call TB5X, release with INSPIRE 2 PRO. Super 35mm lens

A super 35MM 'lens'?
you clearly dont have a clue what you are talking about. Super 35mm is a sensor size, derivated from the old Super 35mm film, nothing to do with lenses.

There won't be a Inspire 2 Pro, the inspire 2 X5s can be considered the Pro version while with the X4s I guess is the normal version.

There may be a new battery at some point but seeing how your comment is wrong on so many levels you are probably making that up to.

Happy trolling
2017-2-8
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

TB52: 36 minute flight with the X4s, TB54 40 minute flight with X4s.
2017-2-8
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

They are still available at Advexture. My I2 with an extra pair of batteries will arrive tomorrow and I just ordered another pair from Advexture through their Amazon site. Giving DJI the benefit of the doubt, they may fill their partner channels first and only stock their shelves after that. Having said that, I would not buy directly from DJI. Your card gets charged immediately, regardless of product availability, plus my CC company charges a foreign transaction fee (not a DJI thing, I realize). Anyway, all but one of my purchases has come via authorized resellers. Be sure to check the DJI website to verify this part.
2017-2-8
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

JBSonic Posted at 2017-2-8 09:41
A super 35MM 'lens'?
you clearly dont have a clue what you are talking about. Super 35mm is a sensor size, derivated from the old Super 35mm film, nothing to do with lenses.

I realize I said wrong about the lens, it should be the sensor size. I just lazy to change it... But there is actually true have INSPIRE2 Pro, they will be release in third quarter in this year. With TB5X it can fly 20 minutes. Also with full optical sensor
2017-2-8
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2017-2-8 11:21
They are still available at Advexture. My I2 with an extra pair of batteries will arrive tomorrow and I just ordered another pair from Advexture through their Amazon site. Giving DJI the benefit of the doubt, they may fill their partner channels first and only stock their shelves after that. Having said that, I would not buy directly from DJI. Your card gets charged immediately, regardless of product availability, plus my CC company charges a foreign transaction fee (not a DJI thing, I realize). Anyway, all but one of my purchases has come via authorized resellers. Be sure to check the DJI website to verify this part.

Realize that some dealers have stock, the purpose of my post was to high light that DJI themselves has no batteries currently available. What is the reason for this? Only DJI would know but it seems very unusual for them to only "sorry, currently out of stock", never seen this before normally it was only a lengthy delivery time if stock was low.
2017-2-8
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now see how things can get bent around on this site and others.
2017-2-8
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765909 ft
United States

I secured two extra sets, one from DJI I ordered 3 weeks ago, one week later I get an apology email saying it will likely be fulfilled in March, then out of nowhere they arrived last week!  While I was stoked, in between the aforementioned process, I ordered a set from ebay from a local place in CT and they came in two days.  
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

NJ Flying Slow  Posted at 2017-2-8 13:28
I secured two extra sets, one from DJI I ordered 3 weeks ago, one week later I get an apology email saying it will likely be fulfilled in March, then out of nowhere they arrived last week!  While I was stoked, in between the aforementioned process, I ordered a set from ebay from a local place in CT and they came in two days.

Good to hear, it sounds like you lucked out.
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-2-8 11:51
Realize that some dealers have stock, the purpose of my post was to high light that DJI themselves has no batteries currently available. What is the reason for this? Only DJI would know but it seems very unusual for them to only "sorry, currently out of stock", never seen this before normally it was only a lengthy delivery time if stock was low.

I'm not able to acquire a reason as to why other than supply. There isn't a QC reason that I'm aware of, so they should be available again soon.
2017-2-8
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-8 16:02
I'm not able to acquire a reason as to why other than supply. There isn't a QC reason that I'm aware of, so they should be available again soon.

Thank you for the info Jamie, trust you will update any information as they become available.
2017-2-8
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765909 ft
United States

Someone told me (again rumor) that Ca studios are buying up the accessories in bulk.  
2017-2-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-2-8 16:24
Thank you for the info Jamie, trust you will update any information as they become available.

Cougar
I saw this happen when the supply of Inspire 1 remotes were out of stock last spring. DJI would not let you backorder them and it took  about 2 months to get stock back...
ATB
Rich
2017-2-8
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-8 16:37
Cougar
I saw this happen when the supply of Inspire 1 remotes were out of stock last spring. DJI would not let you backorder them and it took  about 2 months to get stock back...
ATB

Rich, hope this is not so, even if we currently have very bad weather I would like to get some batts on order so they would arrive in time for better weather.
Cheers.
2017-2-8
Use props
Arrow1969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Availability of batteries in the UK, these places have them in stock well they do at the moment 04.10 09/02/2017.

http://www.marionvillemodels.com ... variant=32371637574

https://cvp.com/index.php?t=prod ... attery-cp-bx-000179

https://www.dronesdirect.co.uk/p ... ght-battery-4280mah
2017-2-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-8 16:37
Cougar
ATB

Cougar
This is only what I remember and hopefully it is not the case. Check out this thread and see the Steel City video. They say in the video the Inspire 2 and batteries are in stock.
Rich

http://forum.dji.com/thread-83909-1-1.html
2017-2-8
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-2-8 11:51

Sales exceeded expectations. Chinese New Year: factory closed: 10 days. You don't work during Christmas so that's the equivalent.

Nothing sinister. Inspire 2 flies well. Used in Hollywood.

Avoid thinking conspiracy and you'll be happier and live longer.
2017-2-8
Use props
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484806 ft
Canada

Call around to *tier 1 drone resellers. The US and Canada have a number of them. Most places either have stock or are waiting for their shipments to come in. They also have lots of folks looking to buy with a possible waiting list... I was on one for 2 months and just received my order of 8 batteries. Batteries are a must and a professional tool but lame that DJI did not release them in mass qty... classic...
2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules