Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI is there a HD transmission issue? NOW WITH VIDEO!
1185 21 2017-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

I flew the I2 and the P4 P today.  Same remote place, same conditions -  used 2.4 for both flights - same device (Samsung Note 5).  I can fly the  P4 P till it gets to a dot in the sky and still have no video issues on  the device and no connection lost issues.  The I2 is disappointing in  the sense that I get very frequent screen rolls, screen glitches, laggy  screen updating AND intermittent lost connection at close range (between  100m - 300m).

When trying my trusted Samsung TAB S 4 that previously worked very well with the P4 the situation get even much worse.  Why??

DJI can you shed light?

PS:   I reported more than a week ago that I was issued the wrong props and  not a word back from DJI Support (Europe) - rather also disappointing!
2017-2-8
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
South Africa

DJI - is there an issue with the video from the I2 to the device linked to the controller? (I'm not the only one asking and it seems very little response from DJI lately).  See above.  Thanks & regards.
2017-2-9
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
South Africa

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-2-9 00:59
DJI - is there an issue with the video from the I2 to the device linked to the controller? (I'm not the only one asking and it seems very little response from DJI lately).  See above.  Thanks & regards.

And here is a sample of the issue.... taken today with my P4 P (the same issue on the I2 - just cheaper to loose if something goes wrong as I can't see / trust this video feed most of the time!)  The same at my house or 2km away on an open field....  all the way on 2.4 as 5.8 is even worse!  Previously I had NO issue with this Tab S 4 (Android 6.6 - Quad core)

2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-2-9 09:06
And here is a sample of the issue.... taken today with my P4 P (the same issue on the I2 - just cheaper to loose if something goes wrong as I can't see / trust this video feed most of the time!)  The same at my house or 2km away on an open field....  all the way on 2.4 as 5.8 is even worse!  Previously I had NO issue with this Tab S 4 (Android 6.6 - Quad core)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIySv08s9-s&feature=youtu.be

Have you tried with one of the DJI recommended devices, your device may not have enough processing power to transmit the HD video.

iOS Version v4.0.3.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.0.1.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2017-2-9
Use props
fanse186c04e
First Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-2-9 09:06

We did shut down the geo reverence and the video is fine sinds then, try it and let me know..As soon the gps is ok ( home-point lock) the video problem did start, then after hours testing the geo reverence was the problem.
Simular with the long time ago phantom 2+, silver paper between the gps and video stuff and the problem was gone......!
Sorry for my englisch...

Vincent

2017-2-9
Use props
Hovering bird o
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem with my Mavic using DJI Go 4 and my Galaxy Tab 4, if I use the DJI Go 3 app all is fine with my Galaxy Tab 4.
2017-2-9
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
South Africa

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-9 09:59
Have you tried with one of the DJI recommended devices, your device may not have enough processing power to transmit the HD video.

iOS Version v4.0.3.

DJI-Ken I so much appreciate your reply!  Thanks.  Yes, you'll see in my early description that I get the same issue with my NOTE 5 on the Inspire 2 (but it is 100% when I fly the P4 P)....  Really frustrating!  The TAB 4 S is a powerful device and it worked very well till very recently.  Only after the last update of the P4 P I saw this problem.  The I2 is my issue as the NOTE 5 also has some of the same problem.  I'd like to use the TAB S 4 to be able to utilize both cameras of the I2....  
2017-2-9
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
South Africa

fanse186c04e Posted at 2017-2-9 10:10
We did shut down the geo reverence and the video is fine sinds then, try it and let me know..As soon the gps is ok ( home-point lock) the video problem did start, then after hours testing the geo reverence was the problem.
Simular with the long time ago phantom 2+, silver paper between the gps and video stuff and the problem was gone......!
Sorry for my englisch...

Thanks Vincent.  Can you tell me where / how do I switch off the geo reverence...  on the drone / GO-APP /  Tablet or phone??  Where do I put the silver paper exactly??

Regards
2017-2-9
Use props
fanse186c04e
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-2-9 11:24
Thanks Vincent.  Can you tell me where / how do I switch off the geo reverence...  on the drone / GO-APP /  Tablet or phone??  Where do I put the silver paper exactly??

Regards

Sorry you do it in the go-app, there is now the possibility to shut down the geo.
Let me hear how it goes, you can test it without flying...

Very curious if it works for your video, we all learn from this

Vince
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-2-9 11:21
DJI-Ken I so much appreciate your reply!  Thanks.  Yes, you'll see in my early description that I get the same issue with my NOTE 5 on the Inspire 2 (but it is 100% when I fly the P4 P)....  Really frustrating!  The TAB 4 S is a powerful device and it worked very well till very recently.  Only after the last update of the P4 P I saw this problem.  The I2 is my issue as the NOTE 5 also has some of the same problem.  I'd like to use the TAB S 4 to be able to utilize both cameras of the I2....

Have you tried reinstalling the Go app? In addition, try the following button combinations to ensure that the RC connection is solid:

Try to reset the remote controller.
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Manually relink the aircraft to the RC using the following:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2017-2-9
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
South Africa

fanse186c04e Posted at 2017-2-9 11:46
Sorry you do it in the go-app, there is now the possibility to shut down the geo.
Let me hear how it goes, you can test it without flying...

Where Vince??  Regards.
2017-2-9
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
South Africa

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-9 15:59
Have you tried reinstalling the Go app? In addition, try the following button combinations to ensure that the RC connection is solid:

Thanks Ken - will try after work today and let you know.
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-2-9 21:50
Thanks Ken - will try after work today and let you know.

Please keep me posted.
2017-2-9
Use props
fanse186c04e
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-2-9 21:49
Where Vince??  Regards.

Hi

the geo is under the : General settings, scroll down a little the you see geo on or off, You can just try it without flying, if the video is better than jipie, when not, do the the thing that jamie say

Vince
2017-2-10
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
South Africa

fanse186c04e Posted at 2017-2-10 02:27
Hi

the geo is under the : General settings, scroll down a little the you see geo on or off, You can just try it without flying, if the video is better than jipie, when not, do the the thing that jamie say

Hi Vince... I have searched under GENERAL...  It starts off with Units, Enable Map for China, Show Flight Logs, Auto Clean up Video Cache etc.  (Is this the page?)

I see nothing referring to Geo...  (I use Android - you too?)

Regards
2017-2-10
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
South Africa

Thanks Jamie.  I'll try this but please note that both the P4 P and Inspire 2 has the same issue...  what are the chances of it being both controllers that's an issue?  I'm still searching for the Geo on/off Vince is talking about, before I try this....
2017-2-10
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
South Africa

* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.  - I assume simultaneously?

Manually relink the aircraft to the RC using the following:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.  Again I assume simultaneously?

Thanks!
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-2-10 07:25
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.  - I assume simultaneously?

Yes, you would press and hold those button commands simultaneously for both.
2017-2-10
Use props
fanse186c04e
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-2-10 07:08
Hi Vince... I have searched under GENERAL...  It starts off with Units, Enable Map for China, Show Flight Logs, Auto Clean up Video Cache etc.  (Is this the page?)

I see nothing referring to Geo...  (I use Android - you too?)

Ah ok, i use iPad, than i do not know, sorry for that :-(
The Geo thing sounds realy stuppid off me, bud it realy worked for me, it sends some kind of signal to the video and the video have green balks en fliker the video or hangs.

After we did shut down the GEO, everyting is great, we did try this many times and it realy worked for us.

I can not tell if it works for others, bud try it, try to find a Ipad from someone, we use the ipad mini 4.

Did it work what Jamie gave you?, if yes, great

Vince
2017-2-10
Use props
userf1d95a1ea1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 448110 ft
United States

Geo sounds like the option to run the newest version of geo with all the airspace warning levels and authorizations, or by turning it off youre running with the typical nfz version, pre-geo. If you actually prefer geo and it's causing streaming issues, my first thought would be to delete /reinstall the dji app.   
2017-2-10
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
South Africa

fanse186c04e Posted at 2017-2-10 10:21
Ah ok, i use iPad, than i do not know, sorry for that :-(
The Geo thing sounds realy stuppid off me, bud it realy worked for me, it sends some kind of signal to the video and the video have green balks en fliker the video or hangs.

Just saw a new GO 4 App update Vince.  I now did that and tomorrow will try Jamie's advise - I need this to work!  Many thanks for trying to help.  Much appreciated!
2017-2-10
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
South Africa

userf1d95a1ea1 Posted at 2017-2-10 10:40
Geo sounds like the option to run the newest version of geo with all the airspace warning levels and authorizations, or by turning it off youre running with the typical nfz version, pre-geo. If you actually prefer geo and it's causing streaming issues, my first thought would be to delete /reinstall the dji app.

If this will help I'd really go without it - but it seems in the Android version it can't be switched off... damn!!
2017-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules