Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery updates and info and how to
1233 4 2017-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse186c04e
First Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can we make this tread for all battey info and how to update and so on?

Help all togetter.

I have a question already :

I did put in the 2 battery's that came with the inspire 2 everyting ok when power up the remote ipad and inspire 2
When i put in 2 new battery's  and power on the remote ipad and machine i hear hi peeps, somtimes 2, sometimes 4 somtimes one, ad random.

What is that?

Thank you

Sorry for my englisch

Vincent

Hope a lot off you come whit info to help us all.
2017-2-8
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

It would appear that the inspire is updating the second pair of batteries.
The firmware version will be lower than that which is compatible with the aircraft's version.

Let it complete and check the versions of all batteries in the app before you next fly.
2017-2-8
Use props
fanse186c04e
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

ah i did find out that when the batters need to be updated and paired you heare hi peeps ( i do not meen the esc peeps) when the inspire 2 powered on, you will also see in the app that you need to update, ( slide to update in the start screen).Shut down the app when everyting runs than start the app again, sometimes it happens it goes to the video screen, just go back in the start screen ( where you see the picture frome the inspire 2 ) ( always internet connection on ) the the app start to look if your battery's need a update, then slide to update.

You hear also peeps from the machine that someting is not ok, thats the warning to update!
2017-2-8
Use props
fanse186c04e
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Farnk666 Posted at 2017-2-8 15:02
It would appear that the inspire is updating the second pair of batteries.
The firmware version will be lower than that which is compatible with the aircraft's version.

OK i am on:

- app:    version: 4.0.3
- Aircraft   version: 01.00.0135
- Remote    version: 01.00.0050
- camera       version: 01.01.14.43

All ok?

What are your versions, lets write all versions here people, so that we know and find out if everything is ok, I like that DJI is doing this bud no they do not!, so easy to do DJI...

Battery's i can not see the version !
they are all paired now 4 pairs of battery's

Farnk666, what do you meen by the version will be lower than that which is compatible with the aircraft?
2017-2-8
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

In other words, the firmware version currently on the batteries is lower than the version contained within the Inspire's internal storage.

DJI provides firmware in an 'all-in'one' package that is a container for all the separate firmware programs required by the subsystems in the aircraft. (e.g. Flight controller, ESCs, Camera, etc.) Batteries also have firmware for the controller boards and this is included in the overall package.

When you initiate a firmware upgrade, the system goes through every part the system, loading and checking that the individual programs load correctly. There is post upgrade log file that is created which details all the results. This log needs to be checked immediately post update to make sure there aren't any problems.

So if your Inspire is updated and you go out and purchase some new batteries, they may or may not have the firmware version that matches that loaded on the aircraft. It could be older, the same or even newer if you haven't updated your Inspire for some time. New versions are always coming out.

There is functionality in the Go App which will compare the versions currently loaded with what DJI has published. This usually results in a notification in the app that the aircraft needs an update. It is up to the pilot to determine whether or not to do this. (Some people prefer to wait and see if there are any issues, or remain on older firmware due to bugs or issues in newer versions)

It would appear that there are some cases of the Inspire 2 performing battery updates without the Pilot's direct intervention to initiate the process. Some people appear to have been caught out, with resulting damage from the Inspire 2 re-booting mid flight. If this is the case then two things need to happen immediately.

Firstly - DJI need to change the behaviour of the aircraft and app so that an update isn't applied if the aircraft is in flight. (Warning messages, disable CSC for motor start, etc)

Secondly - Because technology can and will always fail - Pilots need to ensure that all updates are successfully carried out to all sections of the Aircraft along with all Cameras and Batteries. Versions checked to be current (to the version you intend to operate) across your fleet. This should be a standard maintenance and pre-flight check that happens with every intention to fly.  
2017-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules