Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Signal Error
2663 6 2017-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans527d00f2
New

United States

I have a Phantom standard 3 and I did an update and after a few short flights I got a battery signal error. The quad still flew but the lights were solid red and I continued to get the battery signal error. I went and purchased a new battery to see if that would fix the issue and it did for about 2 flights. I powered on the quad and got a battery signal error for the new battery that I bought. Now after powering on the quad the lights flash red/yellow/green for awhile and then go solid red. I've tried formatting the sd card with new firmware and it seems that it is a sofware issue rather than the quad itself. Not sure if I'm missing a step or doing something wrong. Also have tried through the DJIGO APP and the upgrade fails and I get a solid red light on the gimbal with a long beep until I power the quad off. APP 3.1.2 Version 1.8.10 I can not fly and do not know what to do. Contacted DJI but the tech reps were not very helpful. Everything else functions fine I just can't get past the battery signal issue. Quad has never had a hard crash whatsoever. I've let the batteries die hoping they would reset and nothing. Any useful tips would be helpful.
2017-2-8
Use props
WigglyWally
lvl.1
United States

I'm not sure what you mean by battery signal error, I will have to look that up, I just wanted to quickly respond to this. First thing, when the lights flash red, yellow and green, that is actually normal and means that the drone is running self diagnostics and warming up, but the solid red means critical error. The phantom is notorious for not being the friendliest thing when it comes to updating the firmware, and I'm not sure how to fix that other than to keep trying. DJI customer service, if you haven't heard already, is extremely well known for being quite terrible, no help there. One thing that would be extremely helpful is if you could post a previous flight record, or a record from a new flight, as long as the flight includes the battery issue. I will stay online and help you right away if you see this soon enough.
2017-2-8
Use props
WigglyWally
lvl.1
United States

I was looking it up, and somebody else also had a battery signal error, and his was because he wasn't pushing the battery all the way into the drone, which requires a reasonable amount of pressure, you know it's in when there is no gap between the battery and the drone. I'm not sure if this was your problem or not as you're not responding, but figured I would respond with this to see if it helps at all.
2017-2-8
Use props
fans527d00f2
New

United States

WigglyWally Posted at 2017-2-8 18:01
I was looking it up, and somebody else also had a battery signal error, and his was because he wasn't pushing the battery all the way into the drone, which requires a reasonable amount of pressure, you know it's in when there is no gap between the battery and the drone. I'm not sure if this was your problem or not as you're not responding, but figured I would respond with this to see if it helps at all.

No I'm sure that's not the issue but I will double check just to make sure.
2017-2-8
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United States

DJI themselves talk of dirty contacts ... the fact that we tend to have batterys separate from the AC when stored ... the contacts are plain copper bronze style and liable to tarnish. The main power contacts are friction jobs and should literally clean themselves - but the telemetry contacts are contact only.

I would suggest a cotton swab and alcohol to clean both battery and AC contacts ...

Nigel
2017-2-9
Use props
fans961438bf
lvl.1

United States

Im getting same issue.  Every thing powers on but cant start motors because somehow my battery states 0% charge.  Ive cleaned contacts many times over and same issue.  No answers from DJI or anywhere else.  
2017-8-18
Use props
kk6ou
Flight distance : 62 ft
United States

I just started having the same error "Battery Signal Error"  after updating to the latest firmware on my Phantom 4.  After trying several things I gave up and contacted DJI.  They said the battery is bad and no longer in warranty (Warranty is 6 mo).  This really sucks!  Battery has only been used 11 times.   Battery was working fine before upgrading firmware.  I've had this issue once before and DJI replaced my battery under warranty.  Maybe if I get lucky the next firmware update will fix the issue.   I'm not betting on it though.   I wish there were a equivalent competitor for DJI, I don't like working with a company that insists on you updating firmware and then telling you too bad when something breaks.   
2018-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules