Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Handheld" mode (no cooling noise)
679 6 2017-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gmanthegman
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Based on the marketing campaign, Inspire 2 could be considered as an all-purpose camera for a film shoot.

Even though it seems like a crazy idea, I am ready to buy one. I-2 looks like an almost perfect camera to me in terms of image quality + stabilization. However the constant fan noise coming from the drone is way too loud (even when not flying) in order to record clean sound on set. I hope there would be some kind of software update / feature to turn the fans OFF when recording video on the ground.

It might seem like a ridiculous suggestion, since its a DRONE and DJI already has OSMO/Ronin series. But how can you limit 5.2K RAW + Stabilizer for just aerial shots? I personally think I'm not going to be the only one wishing to use $10k flying camera everywhere, not just in the air.

2017-2-8
Use props
Dr Jon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

Wait until the OSMO comes for the Inspire 2 X5S camera...
2017-2-8
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

It needs the fan to cool the electronics - turn it off and you'll get image noise, quickly followed by a cooked camera and drone.

Seriously, as so many of us here have been burned before - ignore the marketing from DJI.
At some stage they will release a handheld X5s, but spend some time on the OSMO forums before you buy one.
What is delivered doesn't always line up with the promises - be an informed buyer.
2017-2-9
Use props
gmanthegman
lvl.3
Belarus

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-2-8 23:29
Wait until the OSMO comes for the Inspire 2 X5S camera...

I think OSMO 2 won't come out anytime soon, since DJI needs to build an entirely new platform for X5S camera.
2017-2-9
Use props
gmanthegman
lvl.3
Belarus

Farnk666 Posted at 2017-2-9 01:23
It needs the fan to cool the electronics - turn it off and you'll get image noise, quickly followed by a cooked camera and drone.

Seriously, as so many of us here have been burned before - ignore the marketing from DJI.

I can totally see why the drone needs a cooling system. Most of high-end cameras turn off their coolers when shooting video, and they immediately come back to life when you stop recording. I can easily picture a software update for a short-term video recording (let's say, up to 3-5 minutes) when the coolers are either not working, or doing it more quiet than usual.

But I totally understand why DJI won't be interested in investing their time and efforts on this. Which is sad. The camera is something a lot of flim makers would fight for.

P.S. I'm not sure OSMO 2 will be in stores anytime soon.
2017-2-9
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

gmanthegman Posted at 2017-2-9 02:11
I can totally see why the drone needs a cooling system. Most of high-end cameras turn off their coolers when shooting video, and they immediately come back to life when you stop recording. I can easily picture a software update for a short-term video recording (let's say, up to 3-5 minutes) when the coolers are either not working, or doing it more quiet than usual.

But I totally understand why DJI won't be interested in investing their time and efforts on this. Which is sad. The camera is something a lot of flim makers would fight for.

No, I don't believe that it will arrive too quickly either ;-)
2017-2-9
Use props
Coigreach
Second Officer
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Farnk666 Posted at 2017-2-9 02:44
No, I don't believe that it will arrive too quickly either ;-)

Coming soon from a DJI dealer near you!    (next Christmas 2018)
2017-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules