Heavy Live View glitches after a few mins
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Serc.
lvl.2
Germany

My problem is, after 2-4,mins I get a crappy video feed it stutters and I get purple stripes on my screen

I use galaxy tab a 10.1 (octa core/Mali GPU)
It is not a range issue or channel related. I even unlocked 32ch and switch to custom and it still appears.

When I take the USB cable in/out it works again flawless for 3-5mins until it starts again.

GPU rendering and USB debugging enabled. (Disabling doesn't make a change either)

I tried many different USB cables too.

I have a similar problem on my Huawei mate 8, just not that much, the stripes don't got halfway through the screen but I get pixel glitches all the time after 3-4mins (on short & long range)
So it's not only a issue with that tablet.
Performance of both devices I use are top notch!

I cant enjoy flying this way and I just bought that brand new galaxy tab for flying....
(RC, App, AC are all on the latest firmware!)

Any help is appreciated!!
http://N/A
post-58817-0-05144700-1486577016_thumb.png
2017-2-9
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Serc,

You have done a really good job troubleshooting this issue.  The only thing you seem to have not tried is reducing the bitrate in the Custom settings.  If reducing the bitrate does not help, you probably have a faulty system and only DJI can help you there (with a fix or replacement).

Of interest though is the time element you note.  This indicates to me that there is a temperature change, but what about the in/out with the USB cable?  Hmm, kind of a reset.  A reset would mean it is not temperature related.  It also indicates it is not the aircraft.  At this point, I would venture a guess that your problem is with your remote controller.

You seem to be on top of it.  Try to see if you can get other indications it is the remote controller or maybe still, the aircraft.  As you do this, may I suggest that you phone or Chat with DJI Germany to explain the problem.  Hopefully you only have to ship the remote controller back to them.  Be sure to have a live contact with DJI on this problem before you go to email.  Also, remember the name of who is helping you so you can deal with the same person if possible.  

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-9
Use props
Serc.
lvl.2
Germany

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-9 02:40
Aloha Serc,

You have done a really good job troubleshooting this issue.  The only thing you seem to have not tried is reducing the bitrate in the Custom settings.  If reducing the bitrate does not help, you probably have a faulty system and only DJI can help you there (with a fix or replacement).

Thanks a lot for your quick answer.
Yea I knew it my last option is to contact DJI.

And yes, I already changed the bitrate and it doesn't matter on what value it is it doesn't change anything and it won't last longer or shorter either.
I just forgot to post that one.

On Sunday I will borrow my friends iPad mini 2 to see if the people's also occurs on iOS devices.
But it can't be the device as you said because plugging the USB in/out resets it and I don't get the issue for the next 3-4mins. And my tablet and phone are one of the best current Android devices with Mali GPUs and Octa cores it shouldn't be a problem, as I said the live view is flawless no lags. Just the purple pixel stuttering issues that occur after a few mins.

I think I will call DJI support today and ask for help.

2017-2-9
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Serc. Posted at 2017-2-9 03:29
Thanks a lot for your quick answer.
Yea I knew it my last option is to contact DJI.

Aloha Serc,

You are most likely right, it does not sound like the problem is with the Android device, but the remote controller could have a USB circuit issue.  Are you able to test a HDMI output?

Good luck!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-9
Use props
Serc.
lvl.2
Germany

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-9 03:43
Aloha Serc,

You are most likely right, it does not sound like the problem is with the Android device, but the remote controller could have a USB circuit issue.  Are you able to test a HDMI output?

No I don't have the HDMI module installed.

I could just try micro USB to micro USB if that would work but I would have to order such a cable first.

Or do you think a USB to HDMI cable would do the job? And then plugging the HDMI into my PC screen.
2017-2-9
Use props
fans17ed9fcf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3714295 ft

Denmark

I have the same problem but when I see the video on my TV or computer everything looks beautiful so Is not the SD card. What I meant is that when I take the SD card out of the bird and put it in my TV or a USB I can see the 4k whith out any lags what's so ever.
2017-2-9
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

This is problem 1.8 FW in RC.  I had very similar problem on both my devices. Huawei M2 and Huawei P9 lite. Downgrade  RC firmware to 1.6 to resolve problem and waiting for new FW. I dont know why DJI not fix it.
2017-2-9
Use props
Kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

are you able to revert the RC firmware to 1.6

many had issues with RC FW after 1.6 when using android.

fixed my pixelating and banding instantly a few months back

good luck and have fun flying!
2017-2-9
Use props
Serc.
lvl.2
Germany

Dovivan Posted at 2017-2-9 07:23
This is problem 1.8 FW in RC.  I had very similar problem on both my devices. Huawei M2 and Huawei P9 lite. Downgrade  RC firmware to 1.6 to resolve problem and waiting for new FW. I dont know why DJI not fix it.

Yea I heard about 1.8 causing problems.
But nice to hear u got it fixed.
But I can't find any tutorial on downgrading the RC.
How do I do that?
2017-2-9
Use props
Serc.
lvl.2
Germany

Kirk2579 Posted at 2017-2-9 07:25
are you able to revert the RC firmware to 1.6

many had issues with RC FW after 1.6 when using android.

Yea I think I got the drone with 1.6 but as a newbie I got scared by the red warning and upgraded my RC and AC immediately.

Would u please tell me how to downgrade it?

Btw guys, I just called DJI support and they told me Galaxy tab a with Octa core and Mali GPU is not compatible with the DJI go app LOL

And a freaking galaxy s5 is working and the support guy couldn't give me a clear answer why.
He said the drones are made for iOS products, pretty disappointing support call tbh.no clear infos or help offered.

He said I could send it in but they will only test it with a few devices they got. Not even all of their list, when I asked them to test it with a Huawei mate 8 which they recommend, they said the just have a couple of galaxy phones laying around lol.

What a cheap support team in Germany....
2017-2-9
Use props
Kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

Serc. Posted at 2017-2-9 10:24
Yea I think I got the drone with 1.6 but as a newbie I got scared by the red warning and upgraded my RC and AC immediately.

try this link, second post has details
http://forum.dji.com/thread-48287-1-1.html

next time ask them does the p4p use ios on its display?

2017-2-9
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Serc. Posted at 2017-2-9 04:21
No I don't have the HDMI module installed.

I could just try micro USB to micro USB if that would work but I would have to order such a cable first.

Aloha Serc,

The micro USB does not work for video to my knowledge.  I was just hoping for the HDMI, a long shot.  Good luck with the RMA.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-9
Use props
Serc.
lvl.2
Germany

I figured out how to downgrade and now it works perfectly! 1.6 is the way to go.

I tested for like 15 min and had zero glitches or stuttering.

I will try it in flight this weekend and let you guys know.

BTW,  what bit rate do you guys use? I see no difference in image quality or latency from 4mps to 10mps.

If I get far more range should I fly in 4mps?
Which one do u use?
(custom channel selection 1-32 works very well!)
2017-2-9
Use props
fans749df1b5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37201217 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Serc. Posted at 2017-2-9 15:36
I figured out how to downgrade and now it works perfectly! 1.6 is the way to go.

Hi guys,
Thanks a lot for this thread. I had the exact same issue with glitches after x minutes of flying, issues I did not have earlier but I did not link the issues to the firmware upgrade I actually did when installing the hdmi module on my TV. After that usb output to my Nvidia shield K1 went crappy and glitchy.
The downgrade to 1.6.0 totaly solved it.
Glad that all you guys are out there sicnce we can not relay on DJI for any decent support or quality in their SW
Cheers
2017-4-29
Use props
fans749df1b5
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Serc. Posted at 2017-2-9 15:36

And for the question about the "image transmission code rate", yes, lower values on this will give you more range without capitalizing on to much on the image quality.
2017-4-29
Use props
fans749df1b5
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

fans749df1b5 Posted at 2017-4-29 04:33
Hi guys,
Thanks a lot for this thread. I had the exact same issue with glitches after x minutes of flying, issues I did not have earlier but I did not link the issues to the firmware upgrade I actually did when installing the hdmi module on my TV. After that usb output to my Nvidia shield K1 went crappy and glitchy.
The downgrade to 1.6.0 totaly solved it.

BTW..... did not install the hdmi module on my TV, but on my RC....spell checker....arrgh...
2017-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules