Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem flying P3P and a P4P in close proximity
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elbert H.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6299455 ft
United States

I have a Phantom 3 Pro, and a close friend of mine has, among other drones, a new Phantom 4 Pro.

We've noticed when we are both flying anywhere near each other that our range suddenly seems to drop, as in losing contact with our drones and only regaining contact after the the "return home" function kicks in and it gets close enough to regain control.

These issues only arise when we're flying together. When we're off on our own no issues and good range. And also worth mentioning, I don't recall us having this issue when my friend is flying one of his P3's

So I'm wondering if anybody else is having this issue out there ? And is there a workaround. We've already tried re-linking and that didn't seem to work.
2017-2-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Yes.  The work around is to use different polarity.  I read this advice from Alex AKA IBCrazy in one of his posts somewhere quite a while back.

Since stock is vertical polarity, one of you would switch to horizontal polarity, and that should solve the problem.  
2017-2-9
Use props
phinchman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120994 ft
Puerto Rico

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-2-9 08:49
Yes.  The work around is to use different polarity.  I read this advice from Alex AKA IBCrazy in one of his posts somewhere quite a while back.

Since stock is vertical polarity, one of you would switch to horizontal polarity, and that should solve the problem.

So, Mark.  What exactly does that mean?
2017-2-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It means somebody would have to turn their linear antennas 90 degrees which would require some mod work.  For example, on a classic rubber ducky antenna, you'd have it pointing sideways instead of up towards the sky.  It would then emit horizontal polarity.  You'd have to also mod the AC and mount an antenna that's horizontal rather than vertical.
2017-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules