Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Project Resurrection: DJI Inspire 1...... AKA Smokey
4634 11 2017-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TruGreen
Captain
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

So DJI retails this drone brand new at $2,000 which is drone, remote, one battery, case, camera, and chargers. I pretty much stole this from a dude on Craigslist, back story said about 6 months ago he was flying and crashed into a tree and it fell hitting branches on way down. He was asking $400 which was drone, remote, two batteries, case, camera, and chargers but upon meeting up and him showing the drone he found more damage and knocked it down to $350. Now the good all electronics work. The bad both arms are broken from the main body, the center frame mount worm gear that lifts and lowers the arms is also bent and damaged, and guy musta smoked 2-3 packs of cigarettes a day cause the inside case foam reeks of cigarettes. But I found another guy his decided to go for a swim and fried all electronics leaving body in tack, and he's parting out and I'm grabbing everything I need to fix this for $300 which is both complete arms, and the center frame lift.

removed body to better see the damage

removed body to better see the damage

the worst is left arm

the worst is left arm

right arm held on but also broken

right arm held on but also broken

getting the lightbride removed

getting the lightbride removed

left arm unplugged

left arm unplugged

yeah center frame thing all bent, them are supposed to be parallel

yeah center frame thing all bent, them are supposed to be parallel

body all put back after full dismantle to get center frame out

body all put back after full dismantle to get center frame out

as she sat for 2 days waiting to get new parts

as she sat for 2 days waiting to get new parts

picked up new parts, guy even threw in the case for $10

picked up new parts, guy even threw in the case for $10

new boom arms mounted on the center frame

new boom arms mounted on the center frame

getting ready to reinstall all the parts on and around the center framework

getting ready to reinstall all the parts on and around the center framework

back to her glory, took me 6 hours taking my time to fully reassemble everything

back to her glory, took me 6 hours taking my time to fully reassemble everything
2017-2-9
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
  • >>>
United States

my Total cost at the end of the day for busted Inspire 1 and all parts needed to fix and fly was $805 that was getting stuff from DJI's store, Ebay, and Craigslist. Then I was able to sell the old parts on Ebay for $205 which puts me at an even $600 which at the end of the day isn't too bad in my eye considering the price of new
2017-2-9
Use props
fansb241cf90

Kuwait

that is a great job well done
2017-2-10
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
  • >>>
United States

couldnt resist. added the shark jaws to Smokey
16729490_1569817583046457_2722415788199862562_n.jpg
16806635_1569817676379781_654591732722722082_n.jpg
2017-2-17
Use props
Coigreach
Second Officer
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

great to see you have a win... got it up in the air yet?
2017-2-18
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-2-18 11:20
great to see you have a win... got it up in the air yet?

yes have like 6 flights on it so far, still learning and tweaking the settings to get good smooth videos
2017-2-18
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice job, glad you were able to complete your project and get to fly the inspire 1...

Thanks for posting
Rich
2017-2-18
Use props
Coigreach
Second Officer
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

TruGreen Posted at 2017-2-18 23:08
yes have like 6 flights on it so far, still learning and tweaking the settings to get good smooth videos

Awesome job!!! always great to get such a good win.... there is loads of support here I don't have the x3 but i'm sure others can help with "x3" setting
Karl
2017-2-19
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-18 23:15
Nice job, glad you were able to complete your project and get to fly the inspire 1...

Thanks for posting

yea its a great piece of tech
2017-2-22
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-2-19 04:49
Awesome job!!! always great to get such a good win.... there is loads of support here I don't have the x3 but i'm sure others can help with "x3" setting
Karl

thanks and yes im very happy with it. and i know the settings i need to tweak with. just slowly messing with them. currently trying to finesse the tilt and pan speeds then going form there
2017-2-22
Use props
fans5afb1911
New

Mexico

Hello,
I'm from Mexico. I bought an inspire 1 raw in september, I bought it in amazon North America, and it came with a fabric problem... the image transmisión to the iPad was really bad, it turns to black a lot of times!
I get in touch with DJI suport to see if they could help me to solve that proble, as I live in Mexico it was going to be a lot of shipment cost to send it to North America... but they didn't help me!
Well, I decided to send it to North America, I spend like 600 USD for both of the shipments.
After 2 month, finally I revive my aircraft at home here in Mexico... but for my surprise, the drone had the same problem... it didn't work...
That aircraft with the X5R camera and all the accessories cost me 9000 USD... so after paying that big amount of money, anger paying the shipments and after more than 3 months fighting with DJI support... I'm still in the same point, with my drone without working, loosing money every day because I can't work with my drone like that...
I'm really disappointed with the technical support.
Now I'm just asking to them to make me available my warranty here in Mexico, but they only say to me I have to send it again..
How am I going to send it again, and loose other two months of my live!
That is not fair for me... I spend all I had on this, and for me, I only had problems!
Obviously if they don't help me here in Mexico, I'm going to tell my story in all the social media, I'm going to talk with a lawyer until they help me... because it's not normal the support they gave to me, to a buyer, to a person who put everything on this proyect, and they treat me like this!
I just wanted you all to know how is the technical support of this company, or may it's because I'm from Mexico, I don't know...
2017-2-22
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
  • >>>
United States

so i picked up a used Zenmuse Z3 for old Smokey. price was too good to pass. OMG the zoom though is sooo amazing on it
2017-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules