Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Hub Question???
1446 7 2017-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TruGreen
Captain
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok so I know the hub charges 4 batteries, but was wondering if anyone knew an answer to my questions? I have two TB47 and two TB48 can I put all 4 on the hub and it be fine? or is it best to only do them in pairs? I know the hub only charges 1 battery at a time but was unsure if the difference would matter, and I can't seem to find an answer online with google search
2017-2-9
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Based on the information I have and the batteries. It does not matter on the DJI hub. It will only charge each battery independent of one another. It starts with the battery needing the most charge and goes from there.

I do not use the DJI Hub for my inspire 1 and use the smart power charging system. It can charge all 4 batteries at the same time with 2 remotes and 2 devices. It does not overcharge the batteries and is perfectly safe to use. If something ever happened during charging using the SPS the battery warranty would be void.

All the best
Rich
2017-2-9
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-9 20:08
Based on the information I have and the batteries. It does not matter on the DJI hub. It will only charge each battery independent of one another. It starts with the battery needing the most charge and goes from there.

I do not use the DJI Hub for my inspire 1 and use the smart power charging system. It can charge all 4 batteries at the same time with 2 remotes and 2 devices. It does not overcharge the batteries and is perfectly safe to use. If something ever happened during charging using the SPS the battery warranty would be void.

thanks for the reply i knew it charges only 1 at a time, i have the hub for my P3P and like the easy use plug in and let it work, but like said before was unsure on inspire being different power rating if it would effect anything. and i like sticking with the brand stuff also to be safe, idk just my thing. yours may work perfect but me i like the product matching from same company
2017-2-9
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-2-9 20:16
thanks for the reply i knew it charges only 1 at a time, i have the hub for my P3P and like the easy use plug in and let it work, but like said before was unsure on inspire being different power rating if it would effect anything. and i like sticking with the brand stuff also to be safe, idk just my thing. yours may work perfect but me i like the product matching from same company

I understand you want to use the branded DJI stuff and no problem. So with that said, you can use the DJI battery Hub to charge your TB47 or TB48 batteries. It does not matter which port you plug them into (the hub doesn't care) they will charge up depending on their individual state of charge.

PS, I have the hub for the Mavic and it works great.  I have one for the Inspire 1 but don't use it anymore.

Rich
2017-2-10
Use props
MHM2016
lvl.3
Flight distance : 176565 ft
United Kingdom

Like you, I have 2 x TB47 and 2 x TB48.
I put them all on the DJI charging hub at the same time and as said, the hub sorts out which one to charge first . It only charges one at a time anyway.
I've never had any issues mixing different capacities so you'll be fine. :-)
2017-2-10
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
  • >>>
United States

MHM2016 Posted at 2017-2-10 12:42
Like you, I have 2 x TB47 and 2 x TB48.
I put them all on the DJI charging hub at the same time and as said, the hub sorts out which one to charge first . It only charges one at a time anyway.
I've never had any issues mixing different capacities so you'll be fine. :-)

perfect thank you, I just like to be sure after all the cost of these things new not cheap. and better safe than sorry in the long run. I mean I've had no issues using the P3P battery on the hub, but they are all the same Cap. where the Inspire rating differently was unsure if the hub be smart enough to tell the difference i guess, but if yours works fine i have nothing to worry
thanks again
2017-2-10
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

For the record... the device is a power supply, not a 'charger'. It simply converts AC power to reduced voltage DC power.
The battery itself regulates how much power is allowed to pass into the battery and when to stop the flow of power.
Thus the term, 'intelligent battery'.
http://store.dji.com/product/ins ... aptor-with-ac-cable

Power adaptor

Power adaptor
2017-2-10
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-2-10 20:27
For the record... the device is a power supply, not a 'charger'. It simply converts AC power to reduced voltage DC power.
The battery itself regulates how much power is allowed to pass into the battery and when to stop the flow of power.
Thus the term, 'intelligent battery'.

so i guess the thing i plug into the wall and then my phone isn't a "charger" either? I mean seriously the batteries are being charged so how is saying the devices are chargers wrong?
2017-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules