Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Warning Failure
1232 13 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sfdrones.tv
First Officer
Flight distance : 1257218 ft
  • >>>
United States

Quite randomnly on a job two days ago, I got the "Returning to home - low battery". THe Inspire took off in the other direction and because I was filing from the back of a pickup, belting down the road filing a semi trailer, by the time we got stopped and turned around the Inspire had plowed into the ground several miles back down the road.

I have my battery warnings set for 30% and then landing at 20% and have been flying like this sinjce I got the Inspire 12 months ago with no issues. I checked software, still set the same. I managed to get the Inspire back up into the air, but it proceeded to give low battery warning for all 15 of my batteries at 55%. I am stuffed if I can find anywhere else in the software that is causing this. Its set to 30% and 20%. I did at least disable the return to home function but to be safe I landed around 50%, which when you are on a 3 days job, losing those minutes is a pain in the arse.

Anyone got an ideas?

Ian
2017-2-10
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

The obvious answer would be to cycle the batteries, I assume this has been done?

Mark G.
2017-2-10
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I'm also assuming you did not have dynamic home point set. This would have sent the bird toward you when low battery was triggered, not away.

Mark G.
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to answer Mark's inquiries at your earliest convenience?
2017-2-10
Use props
Highasakite
First Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Ian, are you serious? "bolting down the road following a semi trailer"??? The main question is, if you were on a "job",  meaning you hold an FAA remote pilot certificate, why are you operating the aircraft from a moving vehicle???  Safety first! Ken. {:4_177:}
2017-2-10
Use props
sfdrones.tv
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Highasakite Posted at 2017-2-10 16:46
Ian, are you serious? "bolting down the road following a semi trailer"??? The main question is, if you were on a "job",  meaning you hold an FAA remote pilot certificate, why are you operating the aircraft from a moving vehicle???  Safety first! Ken.

FAA certified with section 333 and Part 107. Operating on a closed road with police supervision. Fully permitted shoot by all local authorities.
2017-2-11
Use props
sfdrones.tv
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-2-10 09:35
I'm also assuming you did not have dynamic home point set. This would have sent the bird toward you when low battery was triggered, not away.

Mark G.

Yes thats true however my issue isn't with the return to home - its why my low power warning is occurring at 55% rather then the 30% its set at. I disabled the return to home function to avoid a similar occurrence.
Its definitely a software issue, not the batteries because the batteries are ll of different ages, cycles etc and all are doing the same thing. I was on a job in Death Valley, and the bird went into the ground on the first shot of the day. Thankfully I had enough spares to get it back up and running but it was nearly a total disaster. It also meant to be safe I had to bring the copter down at 50%, which even though I had 15 batteries, greatly depleted my flying time. I just can not find any other setting in the software that may be causing this.
2017-2-11
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

What version of Go App are you running, is it the latest ?  The reason I inquire is I have 3 I pad Pros and one of these has the Older Go App on it (because I don't have that one set to auto update) ,   can cause some strange  displays and this could be the cause of the problem .

It would be totally benign to simply sync. you flight files in the Go App  then delete and re install the  App.  If this is happening On all the batteries something is wrong for sure , You could also rollback and re -update the RC and the Aircraft as well if you wish .  I would start with the Go app.

Are you up to date ?  AC and RC  You don't have to be ( Im not ) but it would help with diagnosis .

donnie
2017-2-11
Use props
sfdrones.tv
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-11 15:14
What version of Go App are you running, is it the latest ?  The reason I inquire is I have 3 I pad Pros and one of these has the Older Go App on it (because I don't have that one set to auto update) ,   can cause some strange  displays and this could be the cause of the problem .

It would be totally benign to simply sync. you flight files in the Go App  then delete and re install the  App.  If this is happening On all the batteries something is wrong for sure , You could also rollback and re -update the RC and the Aircraft as well if you wish .  I would start with the Go app.

Yeah everything is totally up to date.
2017-2-11
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

sfdrones.tv Posted at 2017-2-11 22:10
Yeah everything is totally up to date.

Sync then re load the Go App, then  if necessary , the RC and AC rollback and update .  I really can't imagine it being all 15 batteries have gone haywire.  Perhaps do a res et of the RC and then re link.  Be suret to take screen shots of all your preferd settings .
To reset the RC of presets:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off. ( Hold all 3 down firmly then turn the RC off )
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and  re - link the remote.

On my Tips  page at the bottom I have the How to do the Re Link .  

Tips for loading NEW firmware to SD card and transmitter

At your level you more than likely know all this , but for those looking for reference , it may help them .  

donnie

2017-2-12
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-2-10 09:35

Mark G.

I think You are right on the money regarding why that aircraft went off in the other direction for sure , I have done that myself where I was walking in a wide open area and the RTH engaged and I thought to myself " WHERE THE HELL IS MY AIRCRAFT GOING ......HOLY SHI$ !!!!"   Then I realized it is doing what it is supposed to do  !!

The batteries going off at 55%  Is a strange one if he did not have them set there, all I can think of is a reset of the Go app and RC....NO WAY 15 batteries all went mental at once !!

Brother donnie

donnie
2017-2-12
Use props
sfdrones.tv
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for your advice everyone... i will try and reload and reset cause its got me stuffed what is causing this.
2017-2-12
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

sfdrones.tv Posted at 2017-2-12 16:20
Thanks for your advice everyone... i will try and reload and reset cause its got me stuffed what is causing this.

Download the Battery data to healthy Drone on the internet.

Best way to fully know what happining inside that LIPO ...
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

sfdrones.tv Posted at 2017-2-12 16:20

Do you have the Smart RTH function on? I'm sorry if this was missed, but how far out was the drone from the home point? A rough estimate would be fine.
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules