3808 68 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Register an account with www.healthydrones.com

Then download app on smartphone.  Using smartphone log into your healthy drones account, go to MY ACCOUNT..
Then click on Auto Upload Token. Load the user token number and verify. Once verified then SYNC your flight files automatically.

No need to manually load the files.

2017-2-10
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

Seems I have done 87 flights in the 3 weeks I've had my drone.  Damn lol
2017-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Glad that you are learning how to use these useful tools. I hope that you're happy with all the advantages these websites and forum lessons teach you.

As I stated in my reply your PM to me earlier today, it's up to you to learn how to use the helpful flight LOG data, to your best advantage. ;-)

Please continue to share your wonderul videos and pics, with the rest of us. Your drone flying enthusiasm is contagious.
It inspires others to appreciate all that we have, to utilize towards our ultimate photography success.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-10
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-10 11:38
Glad that you are learning how to use these useful tools. I hope that you're happy with all the advantages these websites and forum lessons teach you.

As I stated in my reply your PM to me earlier today, it's up to you to learn how to use the helpful flight LOG data, to your best advantage. ;-)

Yup the net is a wonderful thing.  I am flying in areas with no restrictions.

However if I was flying in some other countries and people saw my logs I met get a notice saying I have been a very naughty boy on my highest flight height.

2017-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-10 11:42
Yup the net is a wonderful thing.  I am flying in areas with no restrictions.

However if I was flying in some other countries and people saw my logs I met get a notice saying I have been a very naughty boy on my highest flight height.

Yes, you do challenge the norms of the rest of us, living in a busy, highly populated society.
That's why, I have been blessed having an RC flying club here in the capital city.
Being a member of www.ercha.ca has been a blessing. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-10
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-10 11:45
Yes, you do challenge the norms of the rest of us, living in a busy, highly populated society.
That's why, I have been blessed having a flying RC flying club here in the capital city.
Being a member of www.ercha.ca has been a blessing. ;-)

I live in a highly populated country. One of the highest population densities in the world.
Lucky I was kidnapped by a tribal women who turned me into her slave and brought me to live in her village in a remote area, which until 2002 was off limits for people not registered to live here.

You live near or in BANF yes?  How awesome that must be.
2017-2-10
Use props
kent_chris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34524 ft
United Kingdom

This is great. Just taking a look at it now. Unfortunately we've had a spell of bad weather - as I type this it's snowing outside, rarely heard of for the south of England.

Looking forward to the information I'm going to be able to review from flights in the future!
2017-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-10 11:56
I live in a highly populated country. One of the highest population densities in the world.
Lucky I was kidnapped by a tribal women who turned me into her slave and brought me to live in her village in a remote area, which until 2002 was off limits for people not registered to live here.

No, actually my family are from Canmore Alberta, 13miles outside of Banff National Park boundaries. Now I reside in Edmonton Alberta, the capital city. Still have many relatives living in Canmore though, so it's a great place to go back and visit. Relax, take in the incredible scenery, like the Three Sisters mountain range. Coincidently, I have three sisters...
Love to fish in the fresh water, mountain streams. We have a secret very secluded spot, that has a wonderful fishing history for us, in the know. ;-)
The areas you share in your wonderful videos look extremely remote, with nobody else around to hassle you, for drone flying.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-10
Use props
kent_chris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34524 ft
United Kingdom

Ok. I've since the last reply set it up - I cant believe how much information is available once the logs are uploaded. This is mad!
2017-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-10 12:08
It's the warmest day of the year here, 75F but........  25MPH ground level winds Ugg!

You call that winter? You need to visit Canada, and feel the reality. Haha
I know what the weather and heavy snowfall, has been like in much of the USA though, so you are fortunate.

Poor you, some wind, Go tanning, if you can't fly. Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-2-10
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-10 12:07
No, actually my family are from Canmore Alberta, 13miles outside of Banff National Park boundaries. Now I reside in Edmonton Alberta, the capital city. Still have many relatives living in Canmore though, so it's a great place to go back and visit. Relax, take in the incredible scenery, like the Three Sisters mountain range. Coincidently, I have three sisters...
Love to fish in the fresh water, mountain streams. We have a secret very secluded spot, that has a wonderful fishing history for us, in the know. ;-)
The areas you share in your wonderful videos look extremely remote, with nobody else around to hassle you, for drone flying.

Living in a remote area has its benefits.
2017-2-10
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-10 12:15
Download the google earth windows application and then download and open the KLM files from healtydrones.  It's really cool to see your flights.

Great I tried that.  Certainly nice to have a map perspective of my flight where I live.
2017-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-10 12:21
Living in a remote area has its benefits.

Yes, the wilderness & countryside is the place to be. The more remote, All the better like it. ;-)

My only desire while visiting there, is a good insect repellent, and friendly, well fed grizzly bears. Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-10 12:21
Colorado is weird, it's supposed to snow on Sunday.    Feb and March are typically our snowiest months here.

When it begins and the falling snow starts to pile up, you'll soon wish for a these sunny, windy days...

That's why I keep hammering away with suggesting others get onboard with a proper flight SIMulator.
On any day that you can't fly out of doors, , fire up your copy of www.realflight.com, and pass the time, with a broad sincere smile,

RedHotPoker
2017-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-10 12:49
When hiking in bear country take a friend and a small .22 pistol.    If a bear come after you simply  shoot the friend in the kneecap with the .22 and you'll be fine

Yes, shoot and run, instead of running and gunning. ;-)

But I don't play with firearms anymore. Even though, I passed both restricted, and non restricted firearm courses with flying colours. Rather have one of my  powerful hunting slingshots, or even better, the trusty Mathews Switchback LD compound bow. Archery has been my passion since I was a young, very precocious teenager.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-10
Use props
efcso
New

Australia

All this talk of snow is giving me the irrits...

The current weather here (Western suburbs of Sydney, Australia, is +46.3°C at 15:00hrs and still increasing. Might hit +48°C by late afternoon... It's too hot to breathe outside, let alone fly.

All that said, I'm 2 weeks in with my P3S and loving it, having made the jump from smaller FPV quads. The tech in these DJI's is astounding, as is the amount of information they give you access to and, from threads like this, how you can use that data.
2017-2-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-10 12:49
When hiking in bear country take a friend and a small .22 pistol.    If a bear come after you simply  shoot the friend in the kneecap with the .22 and you'll be fine

You funny guy (but bad, bad friend). Remind me not to go hiking with you.
2017-2-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

efcso Posted at 2017-2-10 20:23

The current weather here (Western suburbs of Sydney, Australia, is +46.3°C at 15:00hrs and still increasing. Might hit +48°C by late afternoon... It's too hot to breathe outside, let alone fly.

You might point out that 46.3 C is equivalent to 115 F, then our American friends will know what you mean.
2017-2-10
Use props
efcso
New

Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-10 20:35
You might point out that 46.3 C is equivalent to 115 F, then our American friends will know what you mean.

Or they could join every other nation in the world and use a real measurement system...
2017-2-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

efcso Posted at 2017-2-10 20:39
Or they could join every other nation in the world and use a real measurement system...

Almost, every other nation except Burma and Liberia, which is a US lackey.
2017-2-10
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

efcso Posted at 2017-2-10 20:23

Let your drone hover above you so you can get some nice cooling air.

2017-2-10
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

I think this thread should be put at top of page so other newbies can see what other things they can see and do with their data.
2017-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Most folks who are regulars here are already familiar and know all about healthydrones and phantomhelp.
Any newcomers will eventually catch on, by reading more threads and becoming thoroughly accustomed to what we already know.

Besides DJI forum mods don't play the sticky post game, unless it's threads written by themselves... ;-)
As you can already see.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-10
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-10 23:16
Most folks who are regulars here are already familiar and know all about healthydrones and phantomhelp.
Any newcomers will eventually catch on, by reading more threads and becoming thoroughly accustomed to what we already know.

in other words, like me, do some research and RTFM
2017-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-10 23:23
in other words, like me, do some research and RTFM

Huh??  Ah no, not you!! Hahaha

I thought you had already memorized the Droners Bible? ;-)

The nice thing about learning more about our RC hobby and drones specifically here.
Is that when we truly love our studies, and we do, our lessons are much easier to remember the facts and figures.

Lessons in Love.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-10
Use props
efcso
New

Australia

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-10 22:27
Let your drone hover above you so you can get some nice cooling air.

The air is like it's coming out of a blow-heater. nothing cooling about it mate. Even the air-con is struggling to keep the loungeroom below 26...
2017-2-11
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

efcso Posted at 2017-2-11 00:52
The air is like it's coming out of a blow-heater. nothing cooling about it mate. Even the air-con is struggling to keep the loungeroom below 26...

3c where I am atm.  About to go out for fly as no rain today.

Low clouds but might get some interesting vids. There is a bridge down the valley I want to fly to and back.  Testing out my new Argtek Antenna.
2017-2-11
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

Great range on the ARGtek today. Did 1.83km  

2017-2-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-11 21:36
Great range on the ARGtek today. Did 1.83km  

[view_image]

That's s pretty good distance. You must be overjoyed. And it came back, no problem.

It's a great feeling, having the ability to take longer flights.
Did you happen to record any video of the special event?

I enjoy reading success story's here, and only wish there were many more. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-11
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-11 23:31
That's s pretty good distance. You must be overjoyed. And it came back, no problem.

It's a great feeling, having the ability to take longer flights.

I did yes.  I just kept the forward stick at 100% and let it go to the first weak then no signal then RTH.
I flew into a headwind so the return journey had a nice wind assist. 3.6km in just under 7 minutes.
All working fine.   You can adjust the antenna's but was just testing and really its a good distance.
Next time I go out that far I will fly to the right up the valley along the river.  

Will do that when we get some heavy rains and the next flash floods.

2017-2-11
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

Interesting that actually I had good signal even at 6037ft out.   I know that the antenna sometimes can drop signal but you can regain it.
I just didn't bother.  Had good fun though.  When it did the turn around I was really shocked to see where I was, so far away lol

I know I only started the flight with 69% battery power but I was sure the flight could be done. Actually was back in 6 minutes but a few cars passing wasted nearly another 45 seconds
before I could land.

2017-2-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

You are doing very well, and I find this incredible. Keep it going... And returning. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-12
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-12 00:23
You are doing very well, and I find this incredible. Keep it going... And returning. ;-)

I blame it on my friend.  Picking him up Tuesday as he is coming to visit.  I have his Argtek Antenna
here and will install it for him.  I tried his drone a few minutes above his apartment rooftop one night. They were selling cheap here so bought one.

I might just leave 2 wires disconnected so he can only fly 30m range lol

2017-2-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hahaha, you'd love to prank the world, eh haha

Trickster you..

RedHotPoker
2017-2-12
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-12 00:39
Hahaha, you'd love to prank the world, eh haha

Trickster you..
Can't live without a bit of levity now and then.

You can see here after RTH initiated I had signal again could have kept flying away.   
When I have a full battery will see. DJ SOUL did I believe about 2.5km on his youtube with the ARGtek.  
H03m 01s263.4 ft6,037 ftWarning[url=]Signal Lost. Aircraft Returning Home[/url]
I03m 03s262.8 ft6,036 ftMode[url=]Mode changed to Go_Home[/url]
J03m 05s262.8 ft6,035 ftMode[url=]Mode changed to WiFi_Reconnect[/url]

2017-2-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-12 00:42
Can't live without a bit of levity now and then.

If it makes my belly jiggle like jello, I'm happy.

I wonder how Bill Cosby is doing?  ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-2-12
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

Lots of interesting stats on healthy drones site. Pretty amazing really what can be done nowadays.
No fooling the FAA if they want to inspect your logs.
No fooling DJI when you fly 2200ft away behind a bridge at 10 feet and crash into a river when you lost signal and attempted a turn around.

G        02m 58s        263.8 ft        6,037 ft        Mode        Mode changed to WiFi_Reconnect
H        03m 01s        263.4 ft        6,037 ft        Warning        Signal Lost. Aircraft Returning Home
I        03m 03s        262.8 ft        6,036 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Go_Home
J        03m 05s        262.8 ft        6,035 ft        Mode        Mode changed to WiFi_Reconnect
K        03m 05s        262.8 ft        6,034 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Go_Home
L        06m 16s        36.7 ft        8 ft        Mode        Mode changed to AutoLanding
2017-2-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I hope that you never have to go swimming to do an underwater retrieval.

Perhaps avoid flying too far over the big deep ponds until you become more familiar with your drone. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-12
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-12 01:13
I hope that you never have to go swimming to do an underwater retrieval.

Well I wasn't the one who flew his P4p drone into the River then expected DJI to cough up for a new one lol
2017-2-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-12 01:14
Well I wasn't the one who flew his P4p drone into the River then expected DJI to cough up for a new one lol

No, I  know that, but just suggesting that you be less bold, and challenging. You are doing so good up to now. Let's keep thst 100% success rate. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules