Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro saves video files with wrong file date 1951
6067 27 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FBNBLZR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19570 ft
Germany

hey guys,
i just had my first flight session today with the new drone and i gotta say it was pretty insane
but when i imported the files into Lightroom it imported all photos correctly with the current date, but the videos where placed in a folder from february 1951

i already searched on google and also on this forum but i did not find any solution whatsoever
does anybody have an idea why this happens? my phone gets its data automatically and my PC aswell, i never had something like this before. only once i had set my canon wrong, but u can change it on the camera pretty easily

thanks!
2017-2-10
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

http://www.onthisday.com/events/date/1951/february

1st broadcast of the bomb? Nice dji
2017-2-10
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-2-10 17:44
http://www.onthisday.com/events/date/1951/february

1st broadcast of the bomb? Nice dji

Maybe DJI is working on a NOSTALGIC drone LOOK A LIKE???
2017-2-10
Use props
FBNBLZR
lvl.1
Germany

cmon guys
i will do another flight today, lets see if its still 1951
2017-2-11
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Might be an issue with Lightroom? How did you get the files off your Mavic? Did you remove the SD card and plug that into your PC? Or did you leave in the card and connect your Mavic to your PC using a USB cable?
2017-2-11
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

FBNBLZR Posted at 2017-2-11 03:24
cmon guys
i will do another flight today, lets see if its still 1951

My Mavic shows the correct capture date/time in Lightroom & looking in Finder/Explorer.

My P4P+ shows 16 hours into the future with every capture and -151 feet or so for the altitude captured.  Just about to eBay this thing.
2017-2-11
Use props
FBNBLZR
lvl.1
Germany

CAAirborne Posted at 2017-2-11 08:25
Might be an issue with Lightroom? How did you get the files off your Mavic? Did you remove the SD card and plug that into your PC? Or did you leave in the card and connect your Mavic to your PC using a USB cable?

I didnt find anything helpful when searching for that error with lightroom :/ i just imported stuff from today and LR still says 1951:
on the left u can see everything is tagged correctly, but on the left u can see LR imports to 1951
could it be that im using .mp4 as a fileformat and not .mov? this just came to my mind, i might try switching back to see if it makes a difference
edit: yea, i'm using an SD card reader to import, i do not connect to the drone with a cable
2017-2-11
Use props
Stolz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 783455 ft
Hong Kong

Same problem here. It starting happening after the last firmware update. Photos are OK but video has wrong date (correct month and day bit wrong 1951 year)
2017-2-19
Use props
ChrisDO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9124 ft
Germany

Same problem, 1951
2017-2-21
Use props
fansd069a4f5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1436499 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1951 also.
2017-3-6
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

FBNBLZR Posted at 2017-2-11 09:19
I didnt find anything helpful when searching for that error with lightroom :/ i just imported stuff from today and LR still says 1951:https://i.gyazo.com/1104aac6a072f715e4101c8da90939ab.png[/img]
on the left u can see everything is tagged correctly, but on the left u can see LR imports to 1951
could it be that im using .mp4 as a fileformat and not .mov? this just came to my mind, i might try switching back to see if it makes a difference

You should try ON1 Photo Raw anyway.  It blows LR away.  I've used LR since version 1, too.  ON1 uses a new RAW processor and the workflow is the future.
2017-3-6
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

perhaps your mavic flew thru a time rift and recorded the date as such?
2017-3-6
Use props
enjayaitch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15023 ft
United Kingdom

1951 for me too
2017-3-7
Use props
Eyesaround
lvl.1
Flight distance : 271010 ft
Argentina

I think date is obtained by GPS, if battery changed, on first start it might get that date until GPS signal is fixed
2017-3-7
Use props
fans0651608e
New

United States

When I import the Mavic files by removing the Micro SD, inserting into Micro SD adapter and inserting into MacMini SD slot, the .mov files have the correct date along with the JPEG's and DNG (RAW) files.

When I import the Mavic files by removing the Micro SD from
the Mavic, inserting into Micro SD adapter and using the SD to lightning adapter for the iPad Pro, the .mov files have the 1951 -5 hours dates, and the JPEGS and DNG's have the correct time.

I have not attempted to connect the Mavic directly to the computer via USB.

I hope this gets fixed. I like to use the lightning to SD adapter to view videos on iPad Pro right after my flights , not having to wait to get home.

My OCD is killing me with these incorrect times!
2017-3-8
Use props
dougkillmer
New

United States

I'm getting 1951 dates on my video as well.  
2017-3-10
Use props
pedrodinis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 896476 ft
Portugal

I had the same problem. Downloaded a video from Mavic with USB cable and imported it to photos (Mac). It appears in 1951.
2017-3-11
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

1951 is the year the mavric went on sale, it took all this time for it to be shipped.
2017-3-11
Use props
kikap
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18012 ft
United States

I can tell why this is happening, but I can't help fix it. The diagnosis seems to be very simple:
Fact #1: the difference between 2017 and 1951 is 66 years.
Fact #2: the "zero" time in the Unix operating system, which laid the groundwork for the majority of the modern operating systems and standard systems libraries is 01-01-1970. It's called "epoch time."
Fact #3: The zero time for the QuickTime specification (MOV and MP4 files) is not 1970, but 1904 (I don't remember why, though).

See? 1970-1904 = 2017 - 1951 = 66. Someone at DJI mistakenly implemented the Quicktime spec using the Unix epoch (any decent modern programmer will do too, you need to be Apple-crazy to think 1904, or you need to actually read the spec what no decent modern programmer would do anyway).

How to fix that besides changing DJI firmware? No idea whatsoever...
2017-3-12
Use props
hhhau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 316188 ft
Netherlands

Same problem here... 1951 timestamp.
2017-3-13
Use props
kikap
lvl.1
United States

I found a stop gap "solution" until DJI fixes the firmware https://medium.com/@kikap/dji-ma ... cfd97148#.efcsou5n9
2017-3-15
Use props
mstevens
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19078 ft
United States

Oddly, when I look at the files on my SD card they show the correct date and time. If I then import those into another app (say, Photos on a Mac), they show the year as 1951 and the time as 5 hours later (which would be UTC).
2017-3-16
Use props
enjayaitch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15023 ft
United Kingdom

fans0651608e Posted at 2017-3-8 21:48
When I import the Mavic files by removing the Micro SD, inserting into Micro SD adapter and inserting into MacMini SD slot, the .mov files have the correct date along with the JPEG's and DNG (RAW) files.

When I import the Mavic files by removing the Micro SD from

I see exactly the same behaviour.  I get the 1951 thing when using my iPad Pro and its camera USB adapter.  Connecting the Mavic directly via USB to my iMac, or plugging in the SD card with a USB adapter into my iMac, provides correct dates.  Not tried the Mavic USB to iPad via camera adapter route.

So I suspect this may be somewhere between Apple and DJI...
2017-3-16
Use props
kikap
lvl.1
United States

mstevens Posted at 2017-3-16 09:32
Oddly, when I look at the files on my SD card they show the correct date and time. If I then import those into another app (say, Photos on a Mac), they show the year as 1951 and the time as 5 hours later (which would be UTC).

The timestamps you see in your OS (OSX or Windows) have nothing to do with what Lightroom (or any other processing software) sees and uses. Processing software read file metadata, special EXIF tags for the date and time. There's an insane amount of information stored there by any modern camera, and DJI is not an exception. You can use the tool I refer to in my link (exiftool) to examine this data.
2017-3-17
Use props
Mr uale
New
Flight distance : 457559 ft
United States

Same issue... however, those with Adobe Bridge can perform quick a batch rename to update all files at once:

- Select all impacted files
- Right click (windows) and select Batch Rename.  You can also get here by going thru the menu options Tools > Batch Rename.
- From the preset menu select Sting Substitution.
- In the New Filenames section String Substitution & Original Filename should be selected by default.
- Direct under that you will see the  Find & Replace with options.

This is in a 2017 release.
2017-3-26
Use props
fans468c6bc2
New

United States

Same issue occurs with me, new member, beginner.
2017-4-12
Use props
TheWolfen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167782 ft
United States

I had the same problem and after a bunch of research, I found a way to fix it before I import the files to Lightroom. Here is a copy of a post I made on MavicPilots.com about it:

I set out to figure out what the heck was causing the problem and eventually determined it was due to a bug in the Quicktime format when the QT digitized date field is not set in the exif data. It was essentially zero and Lightroom chose the default year based on the lowest value the format allowed. Since I didn't want to manually adjust the date for every single video and Lightroom doesn't allow you to mass update using a number of years for the offset (it only allows hours for adjusting for different time zones), I wanted to come up with a way to do it semi-automatically.

I finally discovered the tool ExifTool and found it was designed to handle the Quicktime bug. It does this by resetting all the date fields in the exif data to the existing value plus zero, which repairs the blank value we need using the correct data in another field. I found this site that helps with getting ExifTool set up on your PC. While it is a command line utility, you can easily create a simple batch file to fix the zero value for all MOV files on your memory card before importing with Lightroom. ExifTool will create a backup of your original file as well, so there is no risk of losing data in case of a failure somewhere.

The command that fixes all of the MOV files on the memory card is:
exiftool.exe -time:all+=0:: <Drive Letter of Card Reader>:\DCIM\100MEDIA\*.mov​
where <Drive Letter of Card Reader> is replaced by the drive letter your card reader uses on your PC.
For example, the command I run on my PC is:
exiftool.exe -time:all+=0:: i:\DCIM\100MEDIA\*.mov​

Please note you can replace the entire path with a different location if your MOV files are located somewhere else and not on the Mavic's memory card. Adding this line to a simple batch file on your desktop will give you a quick way to run it before you import your files into Lightroom.

I know I searched for a solution here myself and only found a few people who had mentioned this issue. Hopefully someone will find this information helpful!

- David
2017-4-12
Use props
TheWolfen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167782 ft
United States

kikap Posted at 2017-3-15 23:41
I found a stop gap "solution" until DJI fixes the firmware https://medium.com/@kikap/dji-mavic-pro-video-files-wrong-date-5482cfd97148#.efcsou5n9

I totally missed this post about the same basic approach! Sorry about that but hopefully the additional info I provided will help people automate the process a bit. It is definitely a slow process, as the linked article says.

-David
2017-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules