Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What is the cause of a crash like this? [M600]
3037 9 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3x3q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815666 ft
United States

I found this Youtube video, and it's haunting me, because it looks like the drone just alltogether stops functioning and falls out of the sky.

The video description has been updated since the initial upload date in May of 2016 to say that DJI was unable to find the cause of the crash in this case. I have attempted to contact the video publisher, and will update this thread with any info I get.

Am I out-of-my-mind insane for flying my M600 with RED cameras on it, knowing that this is still an undiagnosed problem??

DJI, is it true that the cause of this crash is still unknown?
2017-2-10
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

If I recall that was user error, I think, if I remember correctly, he mounted the arms wrong, Arm #1 on position #2 and Arm #2 on position #1.
But I' cant tell u for sure
2017-2-14
Use props
DallasDrone
lvl.1
United States

I would like to know the answer to this as well.  DJI should respond, I question the answer by P.R because it seemed to be flying fine right before it fell from the sky.  It is differently haunting.  It is a big investment and needs to be answered.
2017-2-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

There really isn't any information here that could be used to look into this particular user's case. It would be speculative as to what was the end result of this incident.
2017-2-15
Use props
3x3q
lvl.2
United States

Still reaching out to the video creator for more info. Going to loop in the DJI reps that helped him with the issue. This needs to be solved.
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

3x3q Posted at 2017-2-16 12:38
Still reaching out to the video creator for more info. Going to loop in the DJI reps that helped him with the issue. This needs to be solved.

If this video was from May of 2016, it's most likely have been taken care of. The only thing that would be concerning about your latter comment would be that the Support team would not provide another customer's case information to a random 3rd party. If the original author responds to you, great, but most likely that will be the only way you will get an insight of what you're looking for,
2017-2-16
Use props
3x3q
lvl.2
United States

Yes, it's from May of 2016. If it's been taken care of, I'm positive everybody here with an M600 would love to know what the problem in the video was.

At this point, I'm pretty used to taking DJI-related stuff into my own hands, so I'll post back when I have more information about this incident.
2017-2-17
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-16 22:56
If this video was from May of 2016, it's most likely have been taken care of. The only thing that would be concerning about your latter comment would be that the Support team would not provide another customer's case information to a random 3rd party. If the original author responds to you, great, but most likely that will be the only way you will get an insight of what you're looking for,

In Aviation its actually NORMAL and regulated that such cases/causes of crash are shared, to prevent more incidents.
In Italy Even such Drone crashes need to be Notified to the ANSV (Italian NTSB) so it wuld be public record, not every country requiers this yet but they probably will soon.

I hope EASA will implemet a Regulation that forces UAV Companies to share information about weak points of their craft & causes of crash or serious malfunction, like it is in civil aviation.

Imagine a second crash with the same cause, and there was major damage to property or worse someone got hurt, and the constructor knew about this problem, but didn't share it.
Who do you think should be responsable?

I think if the Pilot followed local regulations, then the UAV constructor/company should be accountable if they didnt warn their customers about this problem.
I would be happy to hear your opinion n this.

Sharing such Information would mean a major leap in safety! And it could all happen anonymously!

2017-2-17
Use props
3x3q
lvl.2
United States

Information update.

The publisher of the video has confirmed with me that it was caused by a "faulty power distribution board". Not sure if this means a bad soldering job, or more likely, a problem with the electronics. Here's the unit he is referring to.

The video publisher recieved a full refund after this incident.

I have followed up with a request for additional information, especially regarding if there were any identifiable features of a faulty power distribution board, so that the rest of us can check it before a crash confirms it for us.
2017-2-23
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Nice find, much appreciated..
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now