Stuck landing gear - raised position!
799 12 2017-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

I have posted in another thread too, hoping DJI will see and respond.

I flew the I2 today and landed as usual by using the switch on the RC - was just about 300mm / 1ft above ground.  The gear did not come down...  I then slowly went up to about 2m / 7ft.  flipped the switch up / down and again up / down and the gear lowered and I could land.

I promised a friend interested in buying an I2 a demo.  He arrived as I was landing.  I explained a few things and took off and flew a few minutes showing him the footage on the tablet.  When I came to land the gear  refused to lower.  We had to hand catch.  I've tried all the tips I've read in another "stuck gear tips" thread but without  success.  Re-installed GO 4 APP, powerd the I2 down / up - tried normal procedure for down / up gear, re-installed the I2 software from Assistant 2.....  I'm stuck!  

Any help?  Please?

The I2 now sits on 4 cups on my desk!

PS.  One would not even get this type of flaws in toys... this is a %%^&* expensive thing and not sorted out.  Today I'm frustrasted with DJI.

DJI - u'r stuff is not well tested!

DJI - u'r stuff is not well tested!
2017-2-11
Use props
fanse186c04e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Start him like this from the cups, then push the comming home button and when he is on the point where he did start ( in the air) the landing gear comes down,
Second solution - when switch the landing gear slide on your controller on that moment DO NOT TOUCH YOUR STICKS, do not touch your sticks and the landing gear comes down.

Let me know it works

Vince

2017-2-11
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

hit the power button five times - which should put it in travel.....then hit it another five times which should put it in landing....
2017-2-11
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
South Africa

thomasakira Posted at 2017-2-11 07:11
hit the power button five times - which should put it in travel.....then hit it another five times which should put it in landing....

Hu??  Did you read me previous posts?
2017-2-11
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
South Africa

I took a screw driver and with MUCH force I managed to get the gear lowered (and some damage to the screw head on the worm because it is so bloody tight...) - now the I2 does not want to raise with the normal 5X push on the power button...  CRAP!  (see the DJI / my screw driver in the pic)

CRAP for the money!

CRAP for the money!
2017-2-11
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Hello I 2 fly,

Did you have the slider in the Go App for the landing gear on automatic? First thing i've done is to put it off because the I2 made a Stop and Go in the descent when the automatic landing gear was activated and this ruined a shot for me because i didn't see this little hickup.

Give it a try if it's not done yet...maybe you can get it work again with full manual control.

Patrick
2017-2-11
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
South Africa

patou72 Posted at 2017-2-11 10:55
Hello I 2 fly,

Did you have the slider in the Go App for the landing gear on automatic? First thing i've done is to put it off because the I2 made a Stop and Go in the descent when the automatic landing gear was activated and this ruined a shot for me because i didn't see this little hickup.

I have never used automatic,,,  I've landed normally as I've done the previous 15 landings or more with the I2.  Something packed up mid flight - the landing just prior to this episode I saw the first signs of a problem when I had to flick the switch a few times, go to Atti, flick again and back in P mode before it lowered .  The I2 is by far not sorted out it seems to me...   But then I'm very disappointed today in the crap DJI sells without proper quality control and worse their after sales support.  Forgive me.
2017-2-11
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-2-11 07:51
I took a screw driver and with MUCH force I managed to get the gear lowered (and some damage to the screw head on the worm because it is so bloody tight...) - now the I2 does not want to raise with the normal 5X push on the power button...  CRAP!  (see the DJI / my screw driver in the pic)

The screwdriver in the kit  is used for tightening the Mount ( large standard screw on side of mount on transmitter )  for the Go app device NOT for the landing gear screw, read my tutorial  ( link below ) on proper way to manually raise and lower the gear
Landing Gear Manual Raising and Lowering

donnie
2017-2-11
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
South Africa

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-11 12:42
The screwdriver in the kit  is used for tightening the Mount ( large standard screw on side of mount on transmitter )  for the Go app device NOT for the landing gear screw, read my tutorial  ( link below ) on proper way to manually raise and lower the gear
Landing Gear Manual Raising and Lowering

Thanks Donnie.  I followed your link and that is how I got the gear to the travel position.  But that is where this ends.  The craft does not react to the 5X push on the power button to raise itself anymore.  Neither does it obey the switch on the controller or the software in the GO app....  the sweet voice of the lady is still saying "Landing gear raised"  "Landing gear lowered"  - it even puts it on the screen.... but my I2 has become deaf...

No, this machine will have to go back and I will start the hell with DJI....  very unfortunate - this is the flag ship - every boy's dream!!    (and may end up a night mare for us men)
2017-2-11
Use props
bass_rock408
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228967 ft
United States

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-2-11 22:25
Thanks Donnie.  I followed your link and that is how I got the gear to the travel position.  But that is where this ends.  The craft does not react to the 5X push on the power button to raise itself anymore.  Neither does it obey the switch on the controller or the software in the GO app....  the sweet voice of the lady is still saying "Landing gear raised"  "Landing gear lowered"  - it even puts it on the screen.... but my I2 has become deaf...

No, this machine will have to go back and I will start the hell with DJI....  very unfortunate - this is the flag ship - every boy's dream!!    (and may end up a night mare for us men)

I had the exact same issue. I ended up just sending it back a day ago. Now I have to wait for a new one.
2017-2-12
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
South Africa

I need to take the I2 back on Wednesday....  So now I only pray!  Question is, how long before the new one does the same?  Or are these just lemons?
2017-2-13
Use props
wild giles
lvl.3
Flight distance : 908094 ft
Canada

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-2-13 07:52
I need to take the I2 back on Wednesday....  So now I only pray!  Question is, how long before the new one does the same?  Or are these just lemons?

Did you try "Disable Landing Gear Auto Lock", under advanced settings for Main Controller settings in the GO 4 app?
2017-2-13
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
South Africa

wild giles Posted at 2017-2-13 09:19
Did you try "Disable Landing Gear Auto Lock", under advanced settings for Main Controller settings in the GO 4 app?

Yep - numerous times!  This is a bug / flaw in the I2 design...  more and more this now starts to happen to I2 owners.  I hope DJI takes serious note of this.  Mine goes back tomorrow and it seems the dealer will swap it out for a new one...  question remains - how long before the issue again appears? (No- not negative - realistic!)
2017-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules