New flight battery is DOA, no response from DJI, please help!
982 9 2017-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Happy Retiree
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728478 ft
United States

When there was a sale price in January, I purchased a 5350Mah Phantom 4 battery from DJI for my Phantom 4 Pro.
The battery was delivered to me on January 19.
On January 24, I opened the box and found that the battery was dead. I tried to charge it anyway, but had no luck. The same day, I notified DJI that the battery was DOA and would not accept a charge.
I received the standard automated email response which stated that DJI was very busy at the moment, and that I should be patient.
On January 31, having received no further response, I notified DJI again. Again I got the same automated response.
On February 7, I once again notified DJI, and once again I got the automated response.
I am simply seeking to return the battery for replacement but DJI has been unresponsive except for the automated responses.
Please help me if you can.
2017-2-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry that you're experiencing difficulties, just to clarify, you sent e-mail to our support team with the same e-mail address you used for forum, right? If no, please let me know your ticket number.
I'll look into your case and help you follow up it.
2017-2-11
Use props
Happy Retiree
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-11 20:14
Sorry that you're experiencing difficulties, just to clarify, you sent e-mail to our support team with the same e-mail address you used for forum, right? If no, please let me know your ticket number.

Same email address, yes. Thanks!
2017-2-11
Use props
Happy Retiree
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-11 20:14

I found the shipping label that DJI sent, and the UPS driver picked up the defective battery today. Thanks, Natalia!
DJI only responded after you contacted them, and then they required me to repeat back to them information that they already possessed regarding my order. In addition, they demanded a picture, from which it is not possible to determine anything, because the failure of the battery to function is not due to any visible flaw. Suffice it to say that DJI customer service gets no recommendation from me.
2017-2-23
Use props
fans552e88a2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197680 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sorry to hear you had bad experience with DJI support. My experience has been different and was treated extremely well. I guess its pot luck on the staff you are in contact with. Good luck
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Happy Retiree Posted at 2017-2-23 09:49
I found the shipping label that DJI sent, and the UPS driver picked up the defective battery today. Thanks, Natasha!
DJI only responded after you contacted them, and then they required me to repeat back to them information that they already possessed regarding my order. In addition, they demanded a picture, from which it is not possible to determine anything, because the failure of the battery to function is not due to any visible flaw. Suffice it to say that DJI customer service gets no recommendation from me.

Thanks for your feedback and bringing this to our attention, we'll inform our related team for your experience and keep improving our service.
Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2017-2-23
Use props
Happy Retiree
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-23 19:53
Thanks for your feedback and bringing this to our attention, we'll inform our related team for your experience and keep improving our service.
Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

I finally got the replacement battery the 4th week of March, so it took 2 full months from the day I reported that the battery was DOA until I had the replacement. I'm very happy with the standard-capacity Phantom 4 battery that I now have.

Thanks for the help, Natalia!
2017-4-12
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Happy Retiree Posted at 2017-4-12 12:04
I finally got the replacement battery the 4th week of March, so it took 2 full months from the day I reported that the battery was DOA until I had the replacement. I'm very happy with the standard-capacity Phantom 4 battery that I now have.

This is why you want to purchase at Amazon.
You got 4 weeks for testing. If you are not satisfied (no need to proof you product is faulty) they'll send you a new bird before they even received your return shipment.
Let Amazon deal with DJI. Both are big, rich, mighty and endlessly patient.

2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Good to hear it got sorted.
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Nice to know everything is sorted out, enjoy it!
2017-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules