Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Horrid customer service 10 weeks and going
5473 32 2014-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jollyrgr
New

United States

Ok, I am on my second phantom 2 plus in the last four months, the first one arrived DOA with a bad motor. The second one the camera fell off on its 6th flight. It brushed a bush at about 4 feet high, landed in grass. The camera came off the gimbal and broke the ribbon connector which is the heart of the phantom, it can not be replaced by me even though I am an enginner and probably know more about these things then ther bench jockey.

Anyhow I am on my tenth week with it in the shop. I waited paitently until the eight week period they told me it would take and then started emailing them. They will not respond to my emails. I have asked for my money back now four times but never got an answer. To DJI's credit they excahnged the DOA quad rather than have me wait the eight weeks but only because I told them I was going to cancel the payment.

Here are my issues:

1. If there are so many broken phantoms that the repair time is 10 plus weeks this is a lousy product. One guy in eight weeks should be able to repair a few hundred phantoms. It is pull out and plug in, heck a sixth grader and trouble shoot and repair these things. I am guessing there must be 1,000 broken phantoms in their shop with boxes up to the ceilings and all over in the bathrooms. Sorta like Santa Clause at Christmas, but with the Grinch running the place.

2. The camera fall off problem looks to be a huge issue. I would not reccomend the plus.

3. The plus is not for serious long term shooting as the camera cannot be replaced. That camera is now obsolite and there is no upgrade path. Get the less expensive, more versitle phantom 2 where you can change the cameras and use lightbridge with FPV goggles.

4. Their repair phone line takes hours to get to the one guy that is manning the phones. It does give you time however to thourally research the competators products and check out the phantom resale prices on ebay.

5. I bought this for a business, DJI could care less how this effects my clients, but the clients do. They will not hire any DJI owners from here on out. Luckly for me I am hired as an engineer and not a photographer.

My experience with DJI has left a very bitter taste in my mouth. I feel like I just french kissed a Chinaman and did not get a reach around. I would not reccomend DJI to anyone!

Instead of calling it the "Phantom 2plus" they should call it the "Phantom 10 plus" which is how many weeks it will be in the warranty shop if it has to go in.  Perhaps I will get it back before the "Phantom 18 plus" comes out.

2014-10-6
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

What I don't understand is why as a "Business" user you did not just buy another phantom and keep working, then when your old one is repaired you will at least have a back up ready to fly if you crash again.
Surly your business insurance would cover the cost of replacement and have you earning again ?
2014-10-7
Use props
Cbergen
lvl.1

United States

If your business is depending on one lonely phantom you may want to rethink your business plan.

Look, I understand your frustration, and 10 weeks is a long time, but really for the price another bird is CHEAP insurance to keep your customers happy.  Coming in to this forum with insults does not endear yourself and will not help with getting any satisfaction.

Good luck.

2014-10-7
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
China

Hi Jolly,
do you have your RMA number?

Thank you
2014-10-8
Use props
jollyrgr
New

United States

Request #46901 How come you guys never answer my emails and it had to come all the way down to me complaining on your forum to get a response?
2014-10-8
Use props
jollyrgr
New

United States

Opwan, I feel you pain. There are many "pilots" here that are more than happy with the state of affairs at DJI and attack the poster rather than demand better quality from DJI. These are all backyard pilots that give advise to us professionals telling us that it is all our fault and have never used professional equipment a day in their lives. I bet that if the posters above ever had to get a warranty repair they would be complain along with us rather than laying down another Grover Cleveland and a few Franklands to buy another  quad that will probably be in the shop in a few weeks.

OBTW Cebergen, with DJI responding to my post on the forum I may finally be getting satisfaction. My experience with DJI is the people are great and very nice but overwhelmed. You just have to figure out how to get their attention, that is why I posted here rather then DJIGUYS. Thanks for bashing me though! BTW how many phantoms do you own with your "cheap insurance" business plan? Two, three or four? I would love to read that plan.
2014-10-8
Use props
montoya74
New

United States

Well, HECK!

I am a Phantom 2 Vision Plus owner as well. Buying 2 units doesnt always work to our benefit either. I bought 2 units, total of 6 batteries, 3 ac chargers, 2 vehicle chargers, extra prop, blade guards, landing legs and two nice suit cases to hold them.

I have been flying 1 and when I recently had a bad fight between a tiny ass limb & wind it took her down. Unit survived but of COURSE the gimbal is trashed. It stayed in tack but seems to have a jerky, twitching moment on its own when its powered up. Took it to a local hobby shop was told it was trash! $700.....(flushing sound)!

So I said okay lets use the other unit...NOT!

My fault for never flying it before this but it did NOT fly well for POOP! Did EVERYTHING I could do to it, took to hobby shop they made sure all the software was up to date, reset this..reset that...and they flew it and said OH MAN, you got to send this in its still not flying well. Its all over the place, goes up and down (some) on its own, side to side, forward and backwards...very very sick and hard to control!!! So we decided to change out the good gimbal (on the new never used unit) to the one that crashed so I would have at least ONE flying bird! Called DJI and sent it in this week (Monday,10/6/14) to see what they will/can do to make it fly right. I will update yall on the length of time it takes for it to come back

Just to TRY...TRY...I sent my bad gimbal set up with it to see if they MIGHT/LOOK INTO IT to see if it was salvageable by any means as I dang sure dont have $700 for a new one.. I thought HECK maybe they will have some extra time to look into the gimbal and fix it less than what it would cost me to buy a NEW ONE (yeah im holding my breath).

Ill keep yall updated on the ETA, and what they tell me about the gimbal LOL

From what Im reading check back here in about.........3-4 months

RMA1021422055029

Richard
2014-10-8
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

montoya74 Posted at 2014-10-9 03:13
Well, HECK!

I am a Phantom 2 Vision Plus owner as well. Buying 2 units doesnt always work to our be ...

This post above was done by me...LOL I dont know how but I must have created another account I dont remember .....Weird......Anyway I will keep yall updated on the status of how long this takes so yall can get a idea of what yall are looking at when you have to send yours off.....
2014-10-8
Use props
jollyrgr
New

United States

I accidentally created two accounts. One with one of my businesses names and one personal. If you did not post this I would investigate if you have been hacked or if your post was copied. Either way it is worth attention.

I am an engineer for a worldwide extreme sports broadcasting company. If you have seen a major sporting event originating from any country in the world you have seen my work. I bought my phantom to learn with before buying a more professional platform to supply footage for my clients, another stream of income.

I know many pilots buy much cheaper quads to learn how to fly but I suppose it is where your goals are. To me a $5,000 SDI camera is disposable, to others it is their front line gear.

My purchase was for my training, but it is turning out that it is a litmus test to discover if I would buy one of their professional platforms like lightbridge or the Ronin which looks really exciting. How my issues are handled will determine weather or not I trust DJI to deliver a product and service that will stand up to professional standards or are they focused only on the first buy backyard pilot.

I have unfortunately been forced by the extremely poor customer service at DJI to elsewhere for future purchases. I have not given up on DJI, but their kite is about out of string and they will have to prove themselves to me and other professional as being a serious entry into the professional digital imaging world.

2014-10-8
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
  • >>>
China

jollyrgr@earthl Posted at 2014-10-9 00:20
Request #46901 How come you guys never answer my emails and it had to come all the way down to me co ...

Hi Jolly,
Which email address did you sent to for the request/inquiry?
2014-10-9
Use props
jollyrgr
New

United States

JS, I did not use an email, I made my requests for service updates and eventually my money back on your company's customer support database Zendesk. I dont want to post the email address to our personal conversation, or I guess it would be my one sided conversation here but I can if you cant find it. I will post another request right now and maybe it will bring it to the top of all the others and you can find it by date and time of the request which is: Today at 01:02 AM MST Friday October 10th.

The unit was sent to you on 8/04/14. It was checked into your queue by J.L. on 8/28/14. It is being handled by Alex R.. I waited patiently until Sept. 29th to make my first inquiry and as of now made four inquiry's since then.

Are you having a hard time finding my quad?
2014-10-9
Use props
jollyrgr
New

United States

I meant yo say "to your zendesk webpage address".
2014-10-10
Use props
andyg
New

United States

Yes, brand new Phantom 2!  I was so excited and engine failure!  BOOM, and there goes $1400USD!
2014-11-6
Use props
james
New

United States

DJI-JS Posted at 2014-10-9 16:02
Hi Jolly,
Which email address did you sent to for the request/inquiry?

Any ideas on who to contact for help in replacing defective unit. Its a mystery to find any info. I am ready to dispute with credit card and send back. Sad because I didn't even get to use. Seems like a great product, just horrible service.
2014-11-7
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

james@hbarricad Posted at 2014-11-8 05:51
Any ideas on who to contact for help in replacing defective unit. Its a mystery to find any info.  ...

Hi James,
Was it a DOA? or Defective after a short usage? Did you buy it from dji.com or a local dealer?
2014-11-7
Use props
shep941
lvl.2

United States

DOA stands for Dead On Arrival in US slang.

2014-11-8
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

shep941@gmail.c Posted at 2014-11-9 12:53

I think that's what DJI-JS had in mind when he typed it.
2014-11-9
Use props
mckcdr
lvl.1

United States

I had to wait 13 weeks for a gimble repair after a flyaway.  Got it  back and started flying it this weekend again with good weather, calibrated and all, battery was getting low and it RETURNED to HOME somewhere, I have no idea where it went, over the hill and ????, 6 Search and Rescue guys helped me search (I am on SAR too) last night, we just have no idea where in the heck it went, probably really returned home to China.  Well that was a $1500 fun time but DJI's customer service and replacement parts really suck.  I am hoping insurance covers part of the copter and I am seeking a vision 2 only, the camera although not as robust, is sturdier and less complaints then the vision 2+
2014-11-9
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

shep941@gmail.c Posted at 2014-11-9 12:53

Yes, I meant if the unit was dead on arrival,

But i do see i may miss a case that it was just defective not totally dead on arrival
2014-11-9
Use props
troogyman
New

United States

This is par for the course for DJI.  They effectively have no real customer service, just a bunch of (pardon the pun) web drones who generate noise that makes it looks like problems are being resolved but every real problem you have with one of their devices will result in an epic stonewalling where they attempt to just wait you out until you go away.

Honestly you can pretty much kiss your money goodbye at this point.  What you can and should do is spread the word about what kind of company this is and make sure your friends and colleagues never buy into their unsupported systems.  Also if you're an Amazon customer, give them a one star review (you can do this even if you bought your Phantom somewhere else) so as to help warn others.
2014-11-9
Use props
alianto.wahyudi
New

Indonesia

Hi there..
Greetings from Indonesia! This thread appears to be more active, so I would just post my unfortunate story here.
In a sense, I was lucky that my issue have not reach 10 weeks, but I really appreciate if I dont have to wait that long.

I bought my Phantom 2 vision plus a month back trough dealer in Bandung, Indonesia called Hobbyland RC. On a nice sunny Saturday I give it a try on its maiden flight. I followed all the preflight checklist like compass dance, waited for GPS lock and give it few more minutes to record home position. The day were moderately windy, and KIndex is at 3. The first 5 minutes, I couldnt be happier! everything went well and I can see the phantom maintaining its location by fighting the wind. I thought of recording the scenery. To my horror the unit lost its GPS lock, and I was struggling to compensate the wind as it picks up. In the end, the unit flew away hitting a tree and I broke the most brilliant piece of engineering on the phantom 2 vision plus : The camera ribbon cable.
To my surprise, this is quite common among Phantom vision 2 + owner, and the newer Phantom v3 had further insulation on GPS and camera cable.

I called Hobbyland, and they told me to ship the unit over, which I did. Up to now they have not provided any clear information on what I could expect. I was then told to contact DJI support directly. During this ordeal, I have spoke with Erwin, the owner of Hobbyland RC, and he has correspondence to Joanna. Neither Erwin nor myself have received RMA # from DJI.
At this point I would like to claim a replacement, or a complete refund.

I spent quite a fortune on this product, it worth few months salary for me. I planned on using it for video work, and have declined some projects since I dont have anything to shoot with. I have also spent all of my savings on this unit, which yield 0 return. in the city where I lived now, on average everything is 10x cheaper compared to US. So to to give some idea how bad it is, imagine you bought something for $14,000 and it broke first time you use it. isn't it sucked?
In short, I lost all my savings, gained few unhappy customers, and some debts to cover thanks to DJI
Can someone please help me?
2014-11-9
Use props
daniel33146
New

United States

I am all so have trouble with DJI support I purchased a new 3A  phantom  and had to return it it has been over 2 weeks and they told me that it would take 10 days from shipping to return and still have not replace the drone.. i have called and sent many messages  and they do not return any messages they said the last time that i would get a email back with in 24 to 48 hrs   Its great  product but bad customer service
2016-2-17
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

daniel33146 Posted at 2016-2-18 09:55
I am all so have trouble with DJI support I purchased a new 3A  phantom  and had to return it it has ...

Could you please provide your ticket number or RMA number, so i'll do my best to solve it for you
2016-2-17
Use props
kontact
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8679751 ft
United States

DJI-JS Posted at 2014-11-7 16:55
Hi James,
Was it a DOA? or Defective after a short usage? Did you buy it from dji.com or a local d ...

Hello DJI-JS
I was wondering if service will tell me what was wrong with my P3a. It's in your shop right now getting repair (free ) my RMA: 0211201665788256836
If you can help thanks
2016-2-19
Use props
daniel33146
New

United States

shep941@gmail.c Posted at 2014-11-8 23:53

my ticket no. is 252451 and was old on Tuesday that some was going to email in 24 to 48 hrs and by friday 2-19 no email i called and the  person told me that by late Monday or tuesday i would get a Fedex tracking no. that would be 2-22 I hope that you can check this ticket no. and see what is going on , If i do not get attacking no by Tuesday i am going to notify my credit card company
2016-2-21
Use props
daniel33146
New

United States

daniel33146 Posted at 2016-2-21 19:42
my ticket no. is 252451 and was old on Tuesday that some was going to email in 24 to 48 hrs and by ...

I just finish up with a call to customer service and things have not gotten any better all I was looking for just a tracking number the return of my drone any keep on telling me that it was in today's yet but on the 22nd I was told within 24 to 48 hours that I was going to get a tracking number. I guess the only way to solve this problem is with my credit card company  DJI has had my drone for 19 days before four days ago they finally took a look at it to find it was an issue with the SD card I think that the service that I have a receipt from DJIA has been horrible
2016-2-25
Use props
andy
New

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-7 03:51
What I don't understand is why as a "Business" user you did not just buy another phantom and keep wo ...

I don't understand this question.
I'm very unhappy with DJI and their overall "Don't call us, we'll call you" attitude and I'm a business owner too but that doesn't  necessarily mean that I'm in a position to buy more drones. In fact why would he if he's unhappy with the products he's received so far?
How about a little profession courtesy and communicate you intentions to your customers and allow an open channel for your customers to respond one on one instead of hiding behind support DJI?
2016-2-25
Use props
daniel33146
New

United States

I all so having a lot of problems with DJI support they keep on telling me that they are going to email a tracking no. with in 24 to 48 hrs and when i call after 3 days not getting a tracking no the support person was very rude  and told he will send me the tracking no when he is ready . I don't think home office know how bad there support center in California  is they need to take a good look at them  They may have a great product but the support is very bad
2016-2-26
Use props
skyline_g35
lvl.1

United States

What's the phone number over there?
2016-2-27
Use props
fans644012a1
New
United States

am sure you are very aware that the customer service at DJI is extremely bad. No matter who you talk to the information is all contradicting. One person says I will be sent a brand new drone soon as mine arrives in California. Another person says I will get a refurbished one, another person says that they will just fix the broken part whatever it may be. On top of all of this I was told that it would be shipped there and 24-48 hours to be assessed An shipped back. Well my drone been in the facility there for over a week and I been calling and speaking to the online support group on a daily basics since my drone arrived there and every day I get the same response. "For your case update David your replacement will be shipped back to you" ok I understand that but when? Then I get the next response "within 24 to 48 hours you will have an email response". And that has been going on for 5 days no response or follow up. And normally I would give the benefit of the doubt to a company but upon reading online this is happening to multiple people. Some people taking 6 weeks to get a new product back. My product was broken out of the box brand new couldn't even be used. The product was bought with an intention to capture a wedding and a beautiful Puerto Rican honey moon. Now this is all ruined because your terrible customer service An I will definitely not invest in this company again. Especially with the amount of money which I spent. I been asking for my money back An been repeatedly told not possible because it's been approved to be shipped back. Well then where is it!? Usually when complaining to a customer service representative about the given circumstances the company can escalate the issue or help find some way to compensate you for the troubles but nothing what so ever from this company.
2017-4-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans644012a1 Posted at 2017-4-21 11:06
am sure you are very aware that the customer service at DJI is extremely bad. No matter who you talk to the information is all contradicting. One person says I will be sent a brand new drone soon as mine arrives in California. Another person says I will get a refurbished one, another person says that they will just fix the broken part whatever it may be. On top of all of this I was told that it would be shipped there and 24-48 hours to be assessed An shipped back. Well my drone been in the facility there for over a week and I been calling and speaking to the online support group on a daily basics since my drone arrived there and every day I get the same response. "For your case update David your replacement will be shipped back to you" ok I understand that but when? Then I get the next response "within 24 to 48 hours you will have an email response". And that has been going on for 5 days no response or follow up. And normally I would give the benefit of the doubt to a company but upon reading online this is happening to multiple people. Some people taking 6 weeks to get a new product back. My product was broken out of the box brand new couldn't even be used. The product was bought with an intention to capture a wedding and a beautiful Puerto Rican honey moon. Now this is all ruined because your terrible customer service An I will definitely not invest in this company again. Especially with the amount of money which I spent. I been asking for my money back An been repeatedly told not possible because it's been approved to be shipped back. Well then where is it!? Usually when complaining to a customer service representative about the given circumstances the company can escalate the issue or help find some way to compensate you for the troubles but nothing what so ever from this company.

Due to a recent change in facilities, there have been delays at certain points of the repair process. In order for me to look into your particular case further, could you please provide your case number?
2017-4-21
Use props
fansbdb46699
New

United States

After reading everything in this forum, reviews in the iOS App Store, and personally talking to a customer rep who told me I'd have to pay to fix my drone after DJI broke it with an app update, there is no way in hell I will ever be buying anything from DJI again.  This whole debacle with the Vision 2+ no live feed thing is absolutely infuriating.  I now have a $1500 paper weight.  Awesome.  Karma FTW.
2017-4-22
Use props
fish323
New

United Kingdom

I am sorry this is my first post. I was thinking about buying a drone and came on here to see what one might be suitable for my wants.  I honestly don't mind spending $1200 to get something good from a reputable company.  I have spent far more on a camera before. But, after reading through these forums for the last few days I realise that this is not for me. The technology is not at a state where it has matured enough to be suitable for hobbyists unless they have a container loads of cash to throw about, and I am certainly not one of them.  I'll give it a year or two to see how things pan out and possibly bite them.  Thank you gentlemen and ladies it has been enlightening, unfortunately not in a good way.
2017-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules