Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Great Exuma, Bahamas
3346 27 2017-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
keiser08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 446355 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey there guys I just want to share you my Bahamas trip this February 2-7. It was a lot of hassle getting the drone in to the Bahamas. Despite getting a permit from the Civil Aviation my drone was still detained by customs. 1 hour of getting worried I was finally able to call their main customs and got a permission but I had to leave $350 which I got back. It was worth the trouble. Here is the link. Enjoy!

2017-2-11
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Not much drone footage, gave up quite quick.
2017-2-11
Use props
keiser08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-2-11 13:36

My bad. Should have posted that its not entirely all drone. Thanks for the dislike lol.
2017-2-11
Use props
JayOne
lvl.2
United States

Great video bro very nice !! question what is the process on getting your drone pass threw customs or getting clearances to fly over there . because i'm planning on a trip over there and i want make sure i get everything done correctly so i won't come across any problems
2017-2-11
Use props
Jasonstarbird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116998 ft
United States

Great video and it looks like you had a blast!
2017-2-11
Use props
keiser08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JayOne Posted at 2017-2-11 17:53
Great video bro very nice !! question what is the process on getting your drone pass threw customs or getting clearances to fly over there . because i'm planning on a trip over there and i want make sure i get everything done correctly so i won't come across any problems

You need to contact aviation first Mr Gregory Edwards gedwards.fsi@gmail.com.
Here is the sample of the email that I sent to him. Also contact Whitney Kenny/Kinney he is the head of the custom. I got permit right there in exuma when I called him. Just email him and inform him once you get permission from Gregory Edwards.

(in accordance with the Civil Aviation Schedule 27, Subpart 27.200)

◦I am including information herein for Advance Request for Operation of a UAV on the Island of Great Exuma from February 3 through February 7 of 2017 while me and my wife is on vacation

The Drone is clearly marked on the outside with my FAA registration Number, my name and my telephone number.

My intended use of the drone while visiting Great Exuma from February 3 to 7 of this year will be to take some aerial video and pictures of me and my wife. I intend on visiting some of the remote beaches on the island. I will only be using the drone on clear days and in light wind conditions at around 0-200 feet elevations from ground surface and will be ensuring the unit is in line of sight at all times. I have no intentions of operating the drone at night.

This drone is equipped with a Return To Home function in the event of a failure of any kind in the transmission or power source in the transmitter. It will return to the exact GPS location from where it took off from.

If you require any additional information beyond what i have included on page two of this request, please do not hesitate in contacting me at your earliest convenience
◦Following is information related specifically to Schedule 27, Subpart 27.200, in addition to what was included in my summary of use above.
◦Phantom 4

Weight (Battery & Propellers Included)
1380 g

Max Ascent Speed
6 m/s (Sport mode)

Max Descent Speed
4 m/s (Sport mode)

Max Speed
20 m/s (Sport mode)

Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level
19685 feet (6000 m)

Max Flight Time
Approx. 28 minutes

Operating Temperature
32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)

Satellite Positioning Systems
GPS / GLONASS

GPS Hover Accuracy Range
Vertical:
+/- 0.1 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-0.5 m
Horizontal:
+/- 0.3 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-1.5 m

Diagonal Size (Propellers Excluded)
350 mm

◦Battery

Capacity
5350 mAh

Voltage
15.2 V

Battery Type
LiPo 4S

Energy
81.3 Wh

Net Weight
462 g

Operating Temperature
14° to 104° F ( -10° to 40° C )

Max Charging Power
100 W

SUMMARY

Name:

Email:
Address:
Phone:
I will stay at Sun Rise at Three Sister-Queen's Highway, Mt Thompson, Exuma, Bahamas, Mount Thompson, Bahamas

Phantom 4- quadcopter

Weight: 3 lbs

Serial number:
Battery Specs 5,350 mAh, 15.2v

FAA Registration#(see attachment for copy)

Destination to fly: Exuma Bahamas

Purpose: Recreational flight (not for profit)

Date:  February 3 to 7 (will possibly
2017-2-12
Use props
keiser08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Jasonstarbird Posted at 2017-2-11 18:45
Great video and it looks like you had a blast!

Thanks! Yup I did. I would really recommend the place. 4-5 nights should be enough.
2017-2-12
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-2-11 13:36

I make a lot of my shots on the ground while holding my P3P. Does that make a non drone video?
2017-2-12
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

keiser08 Posted at 2017-2-11 17:20
My bad. Should have posted that its not entirely all drone. Thanks for the dislike lol.

No need to apologize of what others think of your video! Whether you fly your drone, place it on a surface, hand hold or hand carry your drone to get the video shot, it is drone footage! Great video and I give it two to cancel the one
2017-2-12
Use props
Directorguy2001
New
United States

Very creative, well done. It looks as though it would be difficult to shoot a bad shot  there. What model drone do you use? What under water cam?
2017-2-12
Use props
keiser08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you! That's true. The only problem you have there is the wind and the sun. I used my Nd 16 filter most of the time. I would have had a bad footage if I had the stock filter. I have P4, go pro 4 and 5 and the dome to make it half and half.
2017-2-12
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-2-12 03:43
I make a lot of my shots on the ground while holding my P3P. Does that make a non drone video?

Don't know really, never paid it much thought. Most of this video is not hand held drone. It's just the usual holiday vlog people showing off. I think the ratio should be maybe 70% flying drone, 30% other. This barley hits 5%.
2017-2-12
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-2-12 03:50
No need to apologize of what others think of your video! Whether you fly your drone, place it on a surface, hand hold or hand carry your drone to get the video shot, it is drone footage! Great video and I give it two  to cancel the one

No need to tell others what they need or don't need to do. Sure he can work it out without the help of a white knight defender.
2017-2-12
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

keiser08 Posted at 2017-2-11 17:20

That's ok, I didn't like it and clicked dislike. I know it's not PC but hey I'm sure you can deal with it.
2017-2-12
Use props
keiser08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-2-12 03:50
No need to apologize of what others think of your video! Whether you fly your drone, place it on a surface, hand hold or hand carry your drone to get the video shot, it is drone footage! Great video and I give it two  to cancel the one

Lol, I appreciate that comment. I think we should be free to post in the forum even if its through handheld footage as long as it is mix with drone shots. Not all videos are all just drone. Thanks for the two thumbs up!
2017-2-12
Use props
keiser08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-2-12 05:19
Don't know really, never paid it much thought. Most of this video is not hand held drone. It's just the usual holiday vlog people showing off. I think the ratio should be maybe 70% flying drone, 30% other. This barley hits 5%.

You didn't watch the entire video so you don't know. It's not only 5% it is more than that. I just like to mix things up because in my own opinion it gets boring if you're just showing all drones and don't mix it up with something else. If you will check the study the millennials (born 1982-2004) has a very short attention span. Show them a 10 seconds footage of the same drone scenery and they will stop watching.
2017-2-12
Use props
P4 Roy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5435299 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Really enjoyed watching this, I'm taking my phantom to America this year and plan on shooting something similar.
2017-2-12
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

keiser08 Posted at 2017-2-12 05:46
You didn't watch the entire video so you don't know. It's not only 5% it is more than that. I just like to mix things up because in my own opinion it gets boring if you're just showing all drones and don't mix it up with something else. If you will check the study the millennials (born 1982-2004) has a very short attention span. Show them a 10 seconds footage of the same drone scenery and they will stop watching.

Problem is this is not a millennial hang out, there are maybe a few but in general it appears to be baby boomers and generation X. Generally used to the traditional style of travel video, ones where you show the place you've been to, not just shots of your own face.

If you're making vids for the millies then post it their forums, but they're all to busy posting their own selfie videos to take any notice of what others are doing.

Shame, because you have some good info about taking the drone into the country. I'll give you one of these for that
2017-2-12
Use props
keiser08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

P4 Roy Posted at 2017-2-12 06:06
Really enjoyed watching this, I'm taking my phantom to America this year and plan on shooting something similar.

Thank you! Im glad you like it. Just a heads up some national parks ban drones. Some popular spots like golden gate bridge i think bans drone. Do your research well on the places you're flying. Post it here once it's done! Good luck!
2017-2-12
Use props
keiser08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-2-12 06:23
Problem is this is not a millennial hang out, there are maybe a few but in general it appears to be baby boomers and generation X. Generally used to the traditional style of travel video, ones where you show the place you've been to, not just shots of your own face.

If you're making vids for the millies then post it their forums, but they're all to busy posting their own selfie videos to take any notice of what others are doing.

Not here to argue with you. I still think anyone can post here in the forums as long as it is a mix of drone shots and handheld videos. We are actually the same I don't usually do selfie shots, the only selfie shots in the video was in the Jet Ski which I think flipped you and disliked the video right away. I'm not here to force you to like my video, I'm just here to share my vacation experience through drone and handheld camera.

Well anyway drone on and good luck.
2017-2-12
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

keiser08:

Great video. Great use of different shots to tell a story. This is what videography is all about. ND16 filter worked fantastically, given the amount of white sand you had to deal with. Especially liked the hand held, stabilized Jetski shots, and the walk away girlfriend in the changing outfits. Creative storytelling is what this is. Keep up the good work.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-2-12
Use props
JayOne
lvl.2
United States

keiser08 Posted at 2017-2-12 03:33
You need to contact aviation first Mr Gregory Edwards .
Here is the sample of the email that I sent to him. Also contact Whitney Kenny/Kinney he is the head of the custom. I got permit right there in exuma when I called him. Just email him and inform him once you get permission from Gregory Edwards.

thank you so much much bro and keep up the  great footage !!!
2017-2-12
Use props
keiser08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-2-12 09:53
keiser08:

Great video. Great use of different shots to tell a story. This is what videography is all about. ND16 filter worked fantastically, given the amount of white sand you had to deal with. Especially liked the hand held, stabilized Jetski shots, and the walk away girlfriend in the changing outfits. Creative storytelling is what this is. Keep up the good work.

Wow, I appreciate your reply. Yup, it worked perfectly. I'm glad i brought my ND 16. It would be too grainy if I had my stock lens. My ISO the whole time was 100 and shutter speed was 60. It is actually my wife haha, I'm proud of her because she had a gimbal hands despite it was moving too much in the jetski.
2017-2-12
Use props
keiser08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JayOne Posted at 2017-2-12 10:51
thank you so much much bro and keep up the  great footage !!!

whitneykenny@bahamas.gov.bs customs (in exuma i had to call him because he is from nassau, not sure if it's different if your destination is nassau)
gedwards.fsi@gmail.com

Good luck!
2017-2-12
Use props
JayOne
lvl.2
United States

keiser08 Posted at 2017-2-12 22:04
customs (in exuma i had to call him because he is from nassau, not sure if it's different if your destination is nassau)

thank you the information
2017-2-13
Use props
keiser08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JayOne Posted at 2017-2-13 07:03
thank you the information

No problem bro
2017-2-15
Use props
SRO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

It's a dream. Very nice video. Thank you for sharing.
2017-7-9
Use props
keiser08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SRO Posted at 2017-7-9 12:24
It's a dream. Very nice video. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for watching!
2017-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules