560 4 2017-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a question about the warranty. My Inspire 1 flys perfectly now with the firware installed. The DJI GO app says I need to update the firmware. If I decide not to update it because it flys like a dream, will it void the warranty?

2017-2-11
Use props
Cdizzle
New

United States

I dont think it voids warranty, but they reccomend firmware updates
2017-2-11
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the fold!!
FW updates are not mandatory and have nothing to do with warranty. There have been several threads posted on this.
I stopped doing them 9 months ago and have had zero problems. What made me stop doing them was a rash of bugs in the (then) latest FW which I was able to roll back.
My suggestion to everyone in regard to FW updates is..... "If it ain't broke... Don't fix it."
2017-2-11
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am a firm believer of that also.  If your happy, leave it along as I am on the very old 1.1.2 version yet.
2017-2-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-2-11 16:43
Welcome to the fold!!
FW updates are not mandatory and have nothing to do with warranty. There have been several threads posted on this.
I stopped doing them 9 months ago and have had zero problems. What made me stop doing them was a rash of bugs in the (then) latest FW which I was able to roll back.

Hi AM
I agree with you and if would be nice if DJI would weigh in on this subject.   As you might recall, I have kept my RC on 1.6 and AC on 1.81 after many bugs were accruing. I wish that I had kept my Inspire 1 on the original FW it came with. It was faster and flew better in many ways.

I was wondering if DJI slips in a fix under the radar that could potentially cause a unwanted crash. If your FW was not up to date, could they deny your warranty?

All the best
Rich
2017-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules