Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 - Camera Sensor Error
9139 21 2017-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRONE 9JA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2650043 ft
Nigeria

After only a couple of flights, a message came up (during a flight) "Camera Sensor Error". When bringing the craft back I could see how the gimbal was frantically moving and rotating by itself without any command from the controller - this could also be verified after checking the flight reader. Upon giving it another try, beeping noise was added to the irratic movement of the gimbal.
I have performed gimbal callibration and a factory restore - still the same issue. Added to that the screen on the DJI GO 4 app is completelly black and as this happened I was actually shooting for a client - highly embarrasing, unnecessary and unacceptable for a UAV in this price class!

To make matters worse, I am currently in Nigeria and preparing for an international trade fair and my company has advertized our equipment (ranging from Agras MG-1, to Inspire 1/2 and Mavic Pro UAVs) to be showcased at this fair.
We are a serious company (DRONE9JA.com) and do not understand how this could happen - we have had numerous issues with DJI in the past, the most recent being sent the wrong blades for our Inspire 2 and an Inspire 1v2 that has yet to be fixed by DJI (we were sent a ridicilously high bill for a craft that was still very much under warranty and had a malfunction).

Not to go into any unnecessary incidents in the past, we would like to know the way forward with the current issue of the Inspire 2 and the Camera Sensor Error. A swift reply is highly appreciated, as the trade fair starts February 14, 2017.

2017-2-11
Use props
Dr Jon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

Hi I think i can answer your question.  

There is a strange bug in the I2 that can be initiated if you don't follow the correct power up sequence.

The correct way is press once you will see the battery level, press and hold a second time it will flash each LED and the I2 will power up...

If you make a mistake and do the following press button once for battery level then press the button 5 more times it will jump in to some strange behaviour just like you mentioned. You will know you did it as the tail LED will be a solid "blue" which is an alarm but not listed in the I2 manual

How to fix... first take out the batteries for at least 10 minutes. If you do it any less time it will still be the same.

After 10 minutes connect the I2 to the internet via the Assistant 2 and reload the firmware. Once completed YOUR GOOD to go.

How do i know this... I did exactly the same and got the same response. I was talking to someone at the time and had just fitted the camera. So pressing 5 times would never allow the I2 to go into transport mode. But in fact i had done a press once (battery level check and them quickly followed by transport mode command. I know the I2 should beep or send a message to the DJI GO 4 but it doesn't.

Let me know if it fixes your problem.
2017-2-11
Use props
Bruce Wayne
lvl.1
Nigeria

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-2-11 23:53

There is a strange bug in the I2 that can be initiated if you don't follow the correct power up sequence.

Hi Dr Jon,

Thanks a lot for your reply and suggestions which I really do appreciate.

Without wanting to sound arrogant or anything, I have flown Inspire drones over 500k km and have always made sure I follow the correct procedures…

With that being said though (and being rather desperate at this point, since DJI has not bothered to contact us), I unpacked the I2 from its box, set it up and proceeded as you suggested. At first everything seemed to look fine and the DJI GO 4 app for once was not black but actually showed the image captured from the X4S …the excitement was short lived, as only a few moments after take off, the error message showed up again and the screen was greyed out and frozen - by this time the craft was about 21m from the ground and the gimbal started its madness again…
2017-2-12
Use props
Bruce Wayne
lvl.1
Nigeria

/Users/Studio2C/Desktop/IMG_2196.jpg
2017-2-12
Use props
Bruce Wayne
lvl.1
Nigeria

Bruce Wayne Posted at 2017-2-12 14:42
/Users/Studio2C/Desktop/IMG_2196.jpg[view_image]

Screenshots:
2017-2-12
Use props
Dr Jon
Second Officer
China

I can only suggest a reload of the firmware and delete and download the DJI GO 4 app again..
can i ask what colour the status LED is showing on the I2?
2017-2-12
Use props
Bruce Wayne
lvl.1
Nigeria

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-2-12 17:12
I can only suggest a reload of the firmware and delete and download the DJI GO 4 app again..
can i ask what colour the status LED is showing on the I2?

The status LED is "normal" and blinking green.
IMG_2197.PNG
2017-2-12
Use props
Bruce Wayne
lvl.1
Nigeria

Bruce Wayne Posted at 2017-2-12 23:16

Screenshot
IMG_2196.PNG
2017-2-12
Use props
Dr Jon
Second Officer
China

as they would say "bummer" and not easy to get any help where you are....

one minor thing you could check is to check the socket locates fully when you install the camera? I dod notice that sometimes when i remove the gimbal and insert the plastic cover back over the hole it sometimes catches to innards and they move out of alignment. Easy to fix with a finger. and sometimes when rotating from white dot to red dot its easy to not get it all the way there and feel the end stop.

Just ideas...
2017-2-12
Use props
R. Kapsalis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1340610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bruce Wayne Posted at 2017-2-12 23:16

Did you find a solution? I have the same problem.
2017-3-23
Use props
Preston7
New
Flight distance : 52 ft
United States

I have the same error on my brand new Inspire 2. I haven't even flown it yet and I'm already being told to return it for repairs. I am losing confidence in this craft. How can I be assured that it is going to work properly when I'm on the job with a client only to have these mysterious bugs totally incapacitate this drone?
2017-3-25
Use props
Volando Voy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24216 ft
Guatemala

@DRONE 9JA

You have some solution for your "Camera sensor error", problem?
Please if you have some news, share with us because I have the same problem in my brand new Inspire2 with the X4s
Thanks a lot.
2017-5-6
Use props
Volando Voy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24216 ft
Guatemala

Preston7 Posted at 2017-3-25 07:20
I have the same error on my brand new Inspire 2. I haven't even flown it yet and I'm already being told to return it for repairs. I am losing confidence in this craft. How can I be assured that it is going to work properly when I'm on the job with a client only to have these mysterious bugs totally incapacitate this drone?

Hi
Did you have some news with the Inspire 2 "camera sensor error" problem ?
I have the same problem... so any information can help

Thaks
2017-5-26
Use props
fanse5700236
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Hello,

Any update with this problem on Inspire 2??? I have a friend whom has the same problem with his brand new I2 X4S camera.

Best regards,

Cristian
2017-5-26
Use props
fans80373ab8
New
Australia

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-2-11 23:53

I have the same issue but cannot download assistant 2. Feeling pretty stupid. All links are for windows and my Mac won't accept. Im at a complete loss. I have recalibrate the IMU, waited 10 minutes and overnight, changed batteries all without luck.
2017-11-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans80373ab8 Posted at 2017-11-25 23:27
I have the same issue but cannot download assistant 2. Feeling pretty stupid. All links are for windows and my Mac won't accept. Im at a complete loss. I have recalibrate the IMU, waited 10 minutes and overnight, changed batteries all without luck.

DJI Assistant 2 has Mac version, please check the picture below and try again.
https://www.dji.com/inspire-2/info#downloads DJI Assistant 2.png
2017-11-28
Use props
eliseo
New
Argentina

I have the same issue,I just got the I2 with X7  inPatagonia and  I couldn't even try it. There is no image transmission and shows "Camera sensor Error" also It can't read any sd card, I tried with the one that it comes with, and three others, the light by the sd slot blinks red. there is also an error of the encore...
I spent lot of money on this equipment and it was an adventure to have it brought here in Patagonia .. I feel disappointed with DJI !
2018-3-7
Use props
eliseo
New
Argentina

After doing three firmware updates of the I2 and X7 it worked! Everything should be updated to the latest  version
2018-3-8
Use props
Capt Oveur
lvl.1
United States

eliseo@miciu.co Posted at 2018-3-8 05:16
After doing three firmware updates of the I2 and X7 it worked! Everything should be updated to the latest  version

I was having the same problem with Camera Sensor Error Message, No Image but had complete movement control of the camera.  I did what others suggested by downgrading firmware, re-upgrading firmware, checked camera mounting to gimbal procedure, and I even followed the procedure for following a bad power-up sequence.  Nothing helped.  Took it to the authorized San Diego DJI Store & Repair Center.  They found the ribbon cable between the gimbal and to where it goes in the nose of the bird to be not properly seated.  They seated the cable and all was good after that.  And at no charge!  I don't regret following all of the suggestions offered in this forum.  I learned a lot along the way so I want to thank you all for taking the time to share.
2018-3-26
Use props
RobAlbania
Second Officer
Albania

In the early days of learning to use my I2, I was also getting "Camera sensor error" and "Can not take off" messages.  
Upgrading the firmware, then calibrating the compass and the IMU solved the problems I was having.
2018-3-26
Use props
CASCARLOS
lvl.3
  • >>>
Colombia

Work for me  Just put the camera (I have the X7) on  and upgrade !!  "CAMERA SENSOR ERROR" is gone
2018-5-22
Use props
eliseo
New
Argentina

I had the same issue twice. Onces it resolved by updating all firmware. It worked for a time, but last week doing an important job, I travel far away in Patagonia, there was a perfect snow morning, and the X7 didn't work again...I tried everything but I had not internet connection, so  I couldn't do the job! It is the third time.. I 'm loosing  confidence on DJI....
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules