Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
?LITCHI?
1604 33 2017-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
#shotxclvck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

ANYBODY FAMILIAR WITH THIS PROGRAM.....DOES IT WORK OR NAH?
2017-2-12
Use props
Rene Jensen
First Officer
Denmark

yes i use it and its every penny worth
2017-2-12
Use props
Orlando_Jeff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49147 ft
United States

I pretty much use that all the time I think it works much better than the go app
2017-2-12
Use props
Jasonstarbird
lvl.3
Flight distance : 116998 ft
United States

it's absolutely amazing!
2017-2-12
Use props
WilliamM
First Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

That's a 100% yes, as good as or even better than Go.
2017-2-12
Use props
sdevan45
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6493 ft
United States

Great app.  Well worth the money.  
2017-2-12
Use props
Cabansail
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

I only just realised that Litchi is meant to be the same as Lychee!

I was trying to work out the Acronym.

2017-2-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes - a great app, but still lacks some parameters which GO offers. I use both Litchi and GO depending on what I want to do. IMHO Litchi is supreme for developing autonomous waypoint missions which are set-and-forget and repeatable, whereas GO is better at configuring the craft.
2017-2-12
Use props
Cabansail
Second Officer

Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-2-12 14:17
Yes - a great app, but still lacks some parameters which GO offers. I use both Litchi and GO depending on what I want to do. IMHO Litchi is supreme for developing autonomous waypoint missions which are set-and-forget and repeatable, whereas GO is better at configuring the craft.

Autonomous Waypoint Mission in "theory"  or for when you travel overseas, of course, as at present those flights are not allowed by CASA in Australia.

You will be ready for when they change the rules though.  
2017-2-12
Use props
#shotxclvck
Second Officer
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-2-12 14:03
I only just realised that Litchi is meant to be the same as Lychee!

[view_image]

that was a good 1....lol
2017-2-12
Use props
#shotxclvck
Second Officer
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-2-12 14:17

thank you for this information....i was just afraid of losing my copter using other programs!
2017-2-12
Use props
Betamace
First Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

I use the Litchi app for most of my serious flying. Honestly, my confidence in the GO app is very low.  

It is ironic that DJI can create such a wonderful and innovative platform for aerial photography yet has done so little to remedy root problems that continue to plague users with every new GO app version they release.

2017-2-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

#shotxclvck Posted at 2017-2-12 14:27
thank you for this information....i was just afraid of losing my copter using other programs!

Just remember that Litchi is a replacement app, and should not be run alongside GO.

And Cabansail, if you are abiding by the CASA regs then the relevant rule I believe you're concerned about is to  maintain LOS. You can still perform a waypoint mission and maintain LOS - but the (pre-planned) autonomous mission will allow you to achieve consistently perfect flight angles and camera positioning through-out.
2017-2-12
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Poland

I just bought it for my P4, but still no good weather to test it!
2017-2-12
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Betamace Posted at 2017-2-12 14:43
I use the Litchi app for most of my serious flying. Honestly, my confidence in the GO app is very low.  

It is ironic that DJI can create such a wonderful and innovative platform for aerial photography yet has done so little to remedy root problems that continue to plague users with every new GO app version they release.

Yes. So very ironic, and it's been that way for so long.
2017-2-13
Use props
Taxi329
Flight distance : 107953 ft
United States

It took me a long time to pull the trigger, I'm not sure why.  I'm only sorry I didn't get it sooner.  As most of said I still use the DJI app to configure things but for flying missions and other modes, Litchi is much better. Someone did say if you are using the Litchi app and have a crash or a problem then it may void the warranty or repair options - I'm not sure if that's true or not though.
2017-2-13
Use props
WilliamM
First Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Taxi329 Posted at 2017-2-13 08:04
It took me a long time to pull the trigger, I'm not sure why.  I'm only sorry I didn't get it sooner.  As most of said I still use the DJI app to configure things but for flying missions and other modes, Litchi is much better. Someone did say if you are using the Litchi app and have a crash or a problem then it may void the warranty or repair options - I'm not sure if that's true or not though.

Depends if the crash was a hardware or software (app) issue. If Litchi caused the crash, why would they cover it. If hardware they most certainly should.
2017-2-13
Use props
nilmaster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232707 ft
United States

Love it, have been using it on both of my Phantom 3 Pro's. Just about a year on now.
2017-2-13
Use props
samuraiz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202585 ft
United States

Great program.  I use it 99.9% of the time. The only time I use Go is to do IMU.Gimbal calibrations and EXP adjustments.   I  do not understand folks that spend over $1000 on hardware balk at spending an additional $20 on software.
2017-2-13
Use props
Bay Cruiser
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

samuraiz Posted at 2017-2-13 12:04
Great program.  I use it 99.9% of the time. The only time I use Go is to do IMU.Gimbal calibrations and EXP adjustments.   I  do not understand folks that spend over $1000 on hardware balk at spending an additional $20 on software.

So can you please explain a bit more. Are you saying you adjust IMU and all calibration like compass with the Go app and then never use it again because you fly with the Litchi app. If so doesn't Litchi ask you to calibrate or it is just for flying.
2017-2-13
Use props
Cabansail
Second Officer

Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-2-12 14:45
Just remember that Litchi is a replacement app, and should not be run alongside GO.

And Cabansail, if you are abiding by the CASA regs then the relevant rule I believe you're concerned about is to  maintain LOS. You can still perform a waypoint mission and maintain LOS - but the (pre-planned) autonomous mission will allow you to achieve consistently perfect flight angles and camera positioning through-out.

From the Part 101 Ammedments.

"You must not fly your RPA autonomously under the amendments. CASA is still developing suitable regulations for autonomous flight; however, there is scope for CASA to approve autonomous flight on a case-by-case basis."

CASA Link
2017-2-13
Use props
samuraiz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202585 ft
United States

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2017-2-13 12:29
So can you please explain a bit more. Are you saying you adjust IMU and all calibration like compass with the Go app and then never use it again because you fly with the Litchi app. If so doesn't Litchi ask you to calibrate or it is just for flying.

Litchi has the ability to do a compass calibration.  IMU, Gimbal and Expo, gain must be done using GO.   I have never received an IMU request for calibration from either GO or Litchi.   Litchi does perform the "usual" IMU warming up cycle.    If you have any questions You can ask Litchi Tech support they respond quickly.   

https://flylitchi.com/
2017-2-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Cabansail Posted at 2017-2-13 12:53
From the Part 101 Ammedments.

"You must not fly your RPA autonomously under the amendments. CASA is still developing suitable regulations for autonomous flight; however, there is scope for CASA to approve autonomous flight on a case-by-case basis."

Interesting Cabansail - thanks. But this is the problem with B&W statements - there's sometimes still a grey. What if it's an autonomous flight, but you are watching the whole flight all the time ready to abort? Yeah, I read what was stated on CASA's website, but just saying...

Why? Because it allows you to run and reproduce a perfect mission with pre-planned heights, flight path, camera angles, etc. This is what Litchi excels at (getting back to the thread).
2017-2-13
Use props
Cabansail
Second Officer

Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-2-13 17:56
Interesting Cabansail - thanks. But this is the problem with B&W statements - there's sometimes still a grey. What if it's an autonomous flight, but you are watching the whole flight all the time ready to abort? Yeah, I read what was stated on CASA's website, but just saying...

Why? Because it allows you to run and reproduce a perfect mission with pre-planned heights, flight path, camera angles, etc. This is what Litchi excels at (getting back to the thread).

I agree.
Even using the DJI GO with the POI or Follow Me you would be doing an autonomous flight. I used the POI on the weekend but also put in manual inputs.
Have flown a few missions using Airnest where the flight is planned but am also ready to adjust.
Technically I think it would depend on how it was argued as to whether it was allowable under the current regulations.
2017-2-13
Use props
WYHSniper1007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you mean that the LITCHI app doesn't work in your phone?
2017-2-13
Use props
Paul419
lvl.1
Flight distance : 496266 ft
United States

Funny thing is that the software flys the drone smoother and more accurately than I ever will be able to.
2017-2-13
Use props
Paul419
lvl.1
Flight distance : 496266 ft
United States

I bought Litchi 2 days ago and I'm very impressed with the waypoint management system. Still a lot to learn.
2017-2-13
Use props
Cabansail
Second Officer

Australia

WYHSniper1007 Posted at 2017-2-13 18:48
Do you mean that the LITCHI app doesn't work in your phone?

I don't have Litchi. I assume it would work.

At present the regulations in Australia do not allow autonomous flights.

It is not entirely clear and seems a bit of a grey area.
2017-2-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Cabansail Posted at 2017-2-13 19:28
I don't have Litchi. I assume it would work.

At present the regulations in Australia do not allow autonomous flights.

Yeah - it does work on both android or iOS devices (although VCTech will charge you for each op sys version). It doesn't matter whether phone or tablet, so long as you can plug into the controller.

It's a complete alternate flying app to DJI GO, and developed using DJI's published software development kit. So many features similar, some features better (like mission flying), but some features not-so. It's because of the latter that you'll actually continue to use GO also (but never at the same time) - initial craft configuration and calibration is a key example.
2017-2-13
Use props
Cabansail
Second Officer

Australia

I have Airnest which is iOS only. It has a few bugs but sounds similar. It is free at the moment
2017-2-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Cabansail Posted at 2017-2-13 19:55
I have Airnest which is iOS only. It has a few bugs but sounds similar. It is free at the moment

Cool - thanks. I'll download and have a look. The 'free' worries me a little though, unless that's merely a strategy to build a user base before starting to charge.
2017-2-13
Use props
Cabansail
Second Officer

Australia

Apparently they used to charge but it is free recently. That may change when the new version is released.
2017-2-13
Use props
WCUCP
New
United States

I was also unsure about this app, but the people here make a strong case for it!
2017-2-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

WCUCP Posted at 2017-2-13 20:51
I was also unsure about this app, but the people here make a strong case for it!

Litchi?
Hop onto the flylitchi/hub (the mission hub) and see how easy it is to pre-plan a mission for the Phantom series - you don't need to own a copy of Litchi to create a login.
Once created (and you have the app connected to your RC), you login on the app, select Waypoints and 'upload mission', hit go, and sit back and enjoy a beer. If it loses contact with the RC, the craft will continue to fly the mission and RTH (if that's what you told it to do at the end).
2017-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules