Mavic issues
2527 18 2017-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

Back in mid January I wrecked my Mavic Pro this thread is just putting my expeirence out there, so others can have and idea of what to expect.
Wreck Details:
The wreck was very simple just had a minor error inside which resulted in a crack in the body around the back folding arm. Also the gimbal was bumped off of the shock obsorbers. Everything seemed to be relatively okay however, I sent it in to have it looked over.

Customer Service Details:
I filed a case the following day after the crash DJI emediately sent me a packing lable and was very helpful with my questions throughout the process. I sent it out they had it in a few days. The repair process took about a week to complete and during this time DJI was very helpful when I had request or questions. After about 2.5 weeks the drone was back in my hands. Overall the customer service was great with a little pateints everything went fine.

The End Result:
Here's where things take a an unfortunate turn... The Mavic they sent me was not my original drone (I checked the serial numbers) what they sent me appears to be a referbished product from the early release stages because I can see where they glued the piece that was missing from the front arm covering the wire back on. I was finally able to get the drone in the air it flies just fine however, the camera and gimbal are both having multiple malfuntions. The gimbal will randomly jerk around, end up pointing to the sky, or turn inward towards the drone. Not only that but the camera will randomly cut out during these malfunctions. It also has the common wobbly footage issue and gimbal shake during normal flight. Also I have had issues with corrupted files which results in total loss of footage. In short this drone is unusable for aerialphotography because the camera cannot maintain consistancy long enough for it to be practical especially when you pay 1000+ for the device.

Final Thoughts:
As a whole my customer service expeirence with DJI has not been a bad one they have been very helpful and responsive with all of my questions and concerns. Also the turn around time on getting me a drone was relatively fast no real complaints there. My biggest issue with this situation is that they sent me a faulty drone. It did not take long for me to realize that the drone was malfunctioning and was going to be unusable. I took it out for a day and did continueous testing with consistantly bad results. This could have easily been avoided if they just tested the drone more thoroughly but instead they shipped out a faulty model. Now I will be going through more waiting to get back to flying and making videos...It is truly a shame I love the DJI Mavic Pro but it has been nothing but one big waiting game for me since I ordered it back on October 7th, hopefully this all gets resolved soon. Wish me luck everyone!

[UPDATE]:
This morning (2/13/2017) I was contacted by a DJI representative he was very apologetic and he sent me a corresponding email to have the current drone replaced with a functioning one. Again this was never posted to bash DJI's customer service they have always been great to me they have set me up with an expedited case to speed up the process. Lets hope things turn around quickly and I can get back in the air soon, wish me luck as the process continues!

2017-2-12
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I f I were you I will send them the picture fo your serial number and demand that they fix your orignal MP and send it back. Otherwise ask for a refund and a new drone.
2017-2-12
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-12 17:30
I f I were you I will send them the picture fo your serial number and demand that they fix your orignal MP and send it back. Otherwise ask for a refund and a new drone.

yeah I'm currently trying to work this situation out. I wouldn't be bothered by them sending me a different drone however, the one they sent is clearly from the early batch of drones that were sent in because of various issues this is unacceptable. I contacted support online today (sunday) they told me to send it in for repair but that is also unacceptable. I spent 1000+ dollars and I have done nothing but wait. I need some serious results this time. I haven't had a bad experience with DJI support so far they've always been pretty helpful so I hope they can resolve this problem correctly this time.
2017-2-12
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BentonJoyce Posted at 2017-2-12 18:01
yeah I'm currently trying to work this situation out. I wouldn't be bothered by them sending me a different drone however, the one they sent is clearly from the early batch of drones that were sent in because of various issues this is unacceptable. I contacted support online today (sunday) they told me to send it in for repair but that is also unacceptable. I spent 1000+ dollars and I have done nothing but wait. I need some serious results this time. I haven't had a bad experience with DJI support so far they've always been pretty helpful so I hope they can resolve this problem correctly this time.

This is NOT the first time that this happened. There are a lot of post about DJI sending back the wrong AC for privacy issue that still have all of the information of the previous owners. This is UNACCEPTABLE.

We need to voice our concerns about the privacy issue and returning the correct AC. Now if they ask you would you accept a different drone , yes or no then that is fine but they are NOT even letting people know that they are sending them the wrong AC.

That is why you have a CASE NUMBER and a RMA NUMBER. So they can tack it, receive it, diagnosed it and return it.

Good luck and keep us posted.
2017-2-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

BentonJoyce, sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. We'll look into your case and let you know what's going on.
For the problems on gimbal and camera, we do suggest you to send it in for further evaluation and get it tested by our engineers, we'll take care of your case.
2017-2-12
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-12 18:32
BentonJoyce, sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. We'll look into your case and let you know what's going on.
For the problems on gimbal and camera, we do suggest you to send it in for further evaluation and get it tested by our engineers, we'll take care of your case.

Thx DJI Natalia,

But what about DJI keep sending the wrong drone back from repair to customers? This needs to be taking care of too?

Thx for the attention in this matter, because so far with 4 AC I have no problems but I am afraid it is going to happen to me sooner or later and when and if I will have to do a return I want my original drone back.

Thx
How can we avoid that?
2017-2-12
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-12 18:32

Thanks for the reply DJI Natalia I have yet to file a case regarding the drone I have recently been sent because this was supposed to be the solution to the previous case. Is starting a new case for this replacement drone the? I am hesitant to repeat this process again because of the constant waiting and the lack of my first case actually being solved. Is there a better faster way we can resolve this issue?
2017-2-12
Use props
Kalsumine
New

Singapore

my mavic is having the same issue, mavic could not initialize due to gimbal restarting issue, rotating up and down.

I am sending it back to HK to fix, finger cross, hope they do not send back another return drone......
2017-2-12
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
United States

Kalsumine Posted at 2017-2-12 19:51
my mavic is having the same issue, mavic could not initialize due to gimbal restarting issue, rotating up and down.

I am sending it back to HK to fix, finger cross, hope they do not send back another return drone......

you had a drone repaired then they sent you a faulty one as well??
2017-2-12
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

dronist Posted at 2017-2-12 19:12
Thx DJI Natalia,

But what about DJI keep sending the wrong drone back from repair to customers? This needs to be taking care of too?

If the  drone was damaged to the point of not worth repairing, DJI will send you a replacement drone, which can be new or refurbished.  We'll do more testing and impose more quality control to make sure replacements drones function properly before we ship them out.
2017-2-12
Use props
Kalsumine
New

Singapore

BentonJoyce Posted at 2017-2-12 20:01
you had a drone repaired then they sent you a faulty one as well??

not yet, but i have seen bad experience in this and other forums. i am kind of disappointing.
2017-2-12
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

BentonJoyce Posted at 2017-2-12 19:34
Thanks for the reply DJI Natalia I have yet to file a case regarding the drone I have recently been sent because this was supposed to be the solution to the previous case. Is starting a new case for this replacement drone the? I am hesitant to repeat this process again because of the constant waiting and the lack of my first case actually being solved. Is there a better faster way we can resolve this issue?

Yes, please find online chat on www.dji.com/support and follow instructions to generate a new case and send it back. Then tell us your previous case number and this case number.
2017-2-12
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-12 20:32
Yes, please find online chat on www.dji.com/support and follow instructions to generate a new case and send it back. Then tell us your previous case number and this case number.

I will do that if that is the only way to resolve this issue however, it would be great if this process didn't take another 2-3 weeks to get resolved. I don't mean to seem impatient however, I have already spent way more time waiting around on a product that I spent $1000 dollars on than actually using it. I will file the case then get back with the corresponding case numbers. Thanks for the help.
2017-2-12
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-12 20:31
If the  drone was damaged to the point of not worth repairing, DJI will send you a replacement drone, which can be new or refurbished.  We'll do more testing and impose more quality control to make sure replacements drones function properly before we ship them out.

I am with you on that but DJI should tell the customers that their drone is done and we are sending a different drone correct? It seems that most of the post stating that they got the bill and thinking they are getting their original AC repaired and returned but they are getting a different one and some of them they are NOT in working conditions.

Appreciate your clarification!
2017-2-12
Use props
fansbdb323f7
lvl.1

United States

I had the same issue. My replacement MP was DOA out of the box.It was dirty, had someone else's info still in the settings and Gimbal would not initialize. Started a new claim and waiting for them to "receive" it.
2017-2-15
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
United States

fansbdb323f7 Posted at 2017-2-15 13:11
I had the same issue. My replacement MP was DOA out of the box.It was dirty, had someone else's info still in the settings and Gimbal would not initialize. Started a new claim and waiting for them to "receive" it.

dang thats terrible when did this happen?
2017-2-16
Use props
fansaa3da6c4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347507 ft
United States

If you get a refurbished one are you guaranteed that it has not been registered before as non-model aircraft for commercial purposes with the FAA?  This could be a problem.
2017-2-16
Use props
fansbdb323f7
lvl.1

United States

It's happening now. Dji shows it waiting for a quote. Awful CS
2017-2-16
Use props
fansbdb323f7
lvl.1

United States

I got a used nonworking drone as a replacement. What bothers me is that the MP was a total loss evidently and I received a quote for $999 or could use refresh. I used refresh and got an invoice with Mavic price at $999. It showed my refresh payment and had a balance due of $0. If they invoice me for a brand new drone at retail price with all accessories then that's what they need to send. I was not invoiced for a refurbished drone or even a new aircraft by itself, I was invoiced for a new complete drone.
2017-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules