"Remote Controller Signal Weak"
13995 12 2017-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bobmc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1946 ft
United States

Went to fly my first real long adventure yesterday, but ran into this problem.  Intitally everything connected fine, but i knew when it took off an wouldn't elevate I had a problem.  So i immediately landed. Then could never get a connection again.  Have tried it all.

Use a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.  It connects fine to Phantom Wifi.

Remote accurately locates my position via GPS.

But RED light at on-off button never goes green.  Get the "Remote Controller Signal Weak" on Screen entire time and makes no connection to Aircraft.  on aborted flight i had Camera view, but never restablished any connection.  

Aircraft blinks yellow indicating "No Signal Do Not Fly"

I uninstall DJI GO and reinstalled.  Both versions were latest 3.1.3.

Tried resetting WIFI via holding gimble controller locked left and clicked on S2 3+ times.

No luck.  Some times after restting Controller, Power button light blinked RED/GREEN quickly. but no luck.

Any help or ideas at All?

thank you in advance

2017-2-12
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

I think you will benefit from "re-Linking" your remote control to the aircraft.  Proceedure is on page 24 of the Phantom 3 Standard manual.

2017-2-12
Use props
EmmettPhotograp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 274869 ft
United States

I'm having exactly the same problem.  It's very annoying and I have no concrete answers, except that it may be a firmware problem.
2017-2-12
Use props
Bobmc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1946 ft
United States

JackA Posted at 2017-2-12 15:49
I think you will benefit from "re-Linking" your remote control to the aircraft.  Proceedure is on page 24 of the Phantom 3 Standard manual.

[view_image][view_image]

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

worked perfectly. i can't thank you enough

I wish i hadn't lost the beautiful weekend waiting to get privileges on this forum to ask this Q. But alas, so glad for your great help!

One more question: is it possible to control the AC with my phone mounted to RC, but also have the video seen in real time on another device, say an iPad or another phone?  not control the AC, just to see what the AC is filming and doing?
2017-2-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

EmmettPhotograp Posted at 2017-2-12 19:45
I'm having exactly the same problem.  It's very annoying and I have no concrete answers, except that it may be a firmware problem.

May I know what troubleshooting you've done?
Re-linking aircraft to remote makes no sense, right?
How about the distance and height it reaches when you get the message " signal weak"?
2017-2-12
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

Remember always uninstall the old app and empty its cache every time you update to a new app.and dont just use update from store or where you updating from
2017-2-13
Use props
EmmettPhotograp
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-12 22:18
May I know what troubleshooting you've done?
Re-linking aircraft to remote makes no sense, right?
How about the distance and height it reaches when you get the message " signal weak"?

I've tried almost everything that I have ready about.  Here's the content to my other thread on this problem: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid691101

I have samples of good and bad flights.  The very bad flights can be literally I can't get off the ground, sometimes I get off the ground for 6 feet before loosing signal.  The good flights I have no problem and only sometimes do I lose connection midway through the flight.  I've experienced this behavior in different locations and there doesn't seem to be a pattern of when and where it happens.
2017-2-13
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

Bobmc Posted at 2017-2-12 19:47
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

worked perfectly. i can't thank you enough

Your second question; about two Android visual devices

I can connect the Phantom with the remote Control and my Android device.  My second Android device will join the Remote Control Wi-Fi but when I launch the GO App Android on this second device opens but displays very little with the "Weak Signal" warning being displayed.  My conclusion is that you can only successfully link one Android device at a time.  That said, you do not need an Android device to fly the Phantom that all happens from the Remote control.  What I have done in the past is use a 10.5" Android tablet that another person held while standing reasonably close to me.  With this set up I visually fly the Phantom and when lining up a video the person with the Android gives me directions.  The other use of this is that several people could look at the Android device while it is being flown without crowding the pilot.  One point; someone with the Android device must be responsible for relaying any warnings displayed or announced from the GO APP.
2017-2-13
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Rene Jensen Posted at 2017-2-13 01:26
Remember always uninstall the old app and empty its cache every time you update to a new app.and dont just use update from store or where you updating from

How do you delete the cache of an app thats already deleted?  Or do you delete the cache and then the app.
Thanks
2017-2-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

EmmettPhotograp Posted at 2017-2-13 16:07
I've tried almost everything that I have ready about.  Here's the content to my other thread on this problem: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=84649&page=1#pid691101

If in that case, please send both AC and RC in, our engineers will evaluate it and test it for you.
2017-2-14
Use props
EmmettPhotograp
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-14 00:55
If in that case, please send both AC and RC in, our engineers will evaluate it and test it for you.

Thanks for this.  May I ask where and how do I send it to you? Thanks.
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

EmmettPhotograp Posted at 2017-2-14 11:21
Thanks for this.  May I ask where and how do I send it to you? Thanks.

You can submit here for a case number and apply for pickup: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-2-14
Use props
EmmettPhotograp
lvl.1
United States

Sent my P4 pro into DJI for servicing and it came back perfect. Not once did I lose signal and everything working like a charm.  Thank you DJI for your great customer service.   Cheers.  
2017-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules