New development DJI Customer Support! Outrageous!
767 3 2017-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ericdad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57989 ft
New Zealand

I just received a response from Lois at DJI Support in regards to my ongoing issue with the motor rattle and noise.
For the detail of that, you can check here:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=84554&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D385%26typeid%3D385

The email states that it's confidential and I am not suppose to share that with anyone.  Therefore, in order to satisfy DJI, I won't copy what Lous have said in the email.  However, below is my response to Lois:

Hi Lois,
First of all, thanks for finally responding to my emails.

I must say that it is really sad you somehow concluded that the damage was caused by me.  Let me recap and tell you what was the issue...I will try my best to be more clear so that you don't misunderstand again.

Upon opening the case, this was the situation:
1.  One of the red marked motor rattled when I wiggled it via two fingers...still inside the case...I've never done anything to it.  It was wiggling and making noise with or without the prop on.  This should not have
happened, not acceptable and it's nothing to do with my part.
2.  When turning it manually via fingers, it made different noise...with or without the prop...no difference...still in the case and I've never done anything to it.
3.  Yes, due to the PRE-EXISTING two issues mentioned above (which is a failure of YOUR quality control process...NOT MINE), I was either forced to send it back and lose few days (at best) of flying time or
attempt to fix it myself...IF THE FIX was not going to avoid the warranty.
4.  What I did was to remove Quick Release Mounting Plate from the motor.  This has NOTHING to do with those three conditions you kindly highlighted for me.  This damage I mentioned above (also video recorded
PRIOR to I did anything to it and forwarded to you on my previous email) was NOT CAUSED BY ME.  It was caused by DJI.  How dare you try to put that blame on me after you made me waste so many days just
keep on waiting for your reply?  
5.  Are you aware of the fact that DJI includes two spare parts of these Quick Release Mounting Plates and screws with every Inspire 2 they sell?  Are you going to officially state here that if we use that spare parts that
DJI includes for the drone owners to do simple repair, they will avoid their warranty?  Are you positive?
6.  If this particular motor/mounting plate was delivered in good working order, the screws should have come off smoothly and easily.  I can prove beyond any doubt that one of the screws were screwed in in an incorrect
angle (NOT dead straight 90 angle) FROM the factory.  It was NOT caused by me.  It was screwed wrong by DJI!!!  If it was screwed correctly, it would have had no problem being unscrewed.  Working with my just purchased
$5,000 drone, I could not have been more careful in trying my best to remove the screw.  At this stage, it's head had to be cut off...even now, it won't come off from the motor BECAUSE IT WAS SCREWED IN INCORRECTLY
by DJI!
7.  In addition, as I've mentioned on the email, the coils in this particular motor doesn't seem wounded neat and tidy in some parts.  I've done much research and some seem to suggest that the abnormal coil can create vibration
and noise.  This was also NOT caused by me but from DJI!
8.  With just the issues noted above, I have full right as a customer to reject this product and demand the replacement product.  
9.  It's true that I've ended up scratching the paint work of the motor while trying to remove Quick Release Mounting Plate.  This is not the CAUSE of the rattle and noise damage...DEFINITELY NOT!  If DJI did its work properly
at the first place, I would never want to (AND I won't have to) do anything like that to my precious Inspire 2.
10.  It's also true that we ended up giving more downward pressure onto the motor while trying to remove the mounting plate and thus made the noise (when turned) became more announced.  However, you CAN'T use this as
an excuse to transfer the blame to me and say as if I've caused the damage.  The noise and rattle was there from the beginning!

I've sent you videos and photos of the motor PRIOR to anything done, and in it, you can hear the noise and see the rattle.  Can you tell me that, if I didn't do anything to it, you could have fixed it, instead of replacing it?  If you can, could you explain how you could've fixed it and what was the underlying issue with it?

If you can do that, then you should be liable for the cost of that repair (instead of replacement motor) process and I will be happy to cover the difference (between the repair vs replacement) to get the motor replaced.

If you can't honestly say that, that means it should have been replaced even if I didn't do anything with it DUE TO PREEXISTING issue from the DJI factory which should have been caught during your quality control process.

It's bad enough that you took so long to get back to me.  I'm furious that you try to insult me yet again by making it sound as if I've caused the damage...NONSENSE!!!

Once again, I've NEVER OPENED ANY PART OF Inspire 2 which would result in avoiding warranty.  Unless you want to claim that using the included spare parts to replace already damaged part will avoid warranty, you should take back what you said and treat this matter a little more seriously.

Beyond the money issue, I'd kindly ask you to urgently communicate with my reseller to arrange the repair/replacement of the damaged motor.  I'm willing to be reasonable if I can feel that you take us seriously as your customers and you acknowledge that our time is very precious.  It's a simple matter or replacing the
motor.  I won't settle for fixed motor at this stage even if that means I have to pay.  For that, my local supplier is ready and standing by to provide support locally.  They have sent you several messages informing you that they're waiting to get your approval to do so.  Why would you request me to send the entire drone
back to you via international air freight when you know that it will add even more cost and LOST FLYING TIME for me?  So that you can save some bucks???  All you have to do is to allow my local supplier to swap the part for me and we can work out the costing somehow.  

I've mentioned (and provided proof of purchases for some) how much we've spent for purchasing DJI products.  It's really insulting that because of a few hundred dollars, you have to treat your customer in this way.  

I'd share this development with other DJI owners for their reference.  Please kindly respond promptly this time please!

2017-2-13
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Understand that you are upset - but do a search and see just what sort of approach DJI takes to service and support.
You will achieve precisely nothing getting aggressive with DJI, either locally, or with the staff in china. That approach doesn't work.
We have had people in the past get very angry, threaten legal action and all sorts of ranting - end result was no different to the usual repair and support process.

In any case, your warranty issue is better dealt with your reseller - there is no reason for you to be dealing with DJI on this.
Leave the work to them, or alternatively return the entire unit and have the reseller replace it or refund your money.

The Inspire 2 is clearly having QA and manufacturing issues - it will be a few months yet before all the bugs are sorted out.
2017-2-13
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, I responded to your post  here, let's keep the discussion there  http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid691984
2017-2-13
Use props
ericdad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57989 ft
New Zealand

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-13 02:54
Hi, I responded to your post  here, let's keep the discussion there  http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=84554&page=1&extra=#pid691984

Thank you.
2017-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules