Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FPV goggles
4288 24 2017-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tschie54
New

United States

Could someone give me some quidence on purchasing Fat Shark FPV googles for a Phantom 4 drone First Im looking at Dominator v3.theres 2 models the one  says its the latest version with HD and other updatea the second must be the standard model is it worth the extra cost for the updated model. also  ive seen somewhere that the Phantom 3&4 need and HdMi port installed someware.Could someone out there tell me if these goggles are the ones i need.also i n eed to know what [ need to know what extra accessories i need to purchase that are not supplied

Thanks You Tom
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I don't know anything about goggles.

But I found it interesting how you corrected that last sentence. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-2-13
Use props
joe_gadget
Second Officer

Australia

If you install the hdmi module on your controller you can display on any display device which has a HDMI input. Of course that also means you won't be able to use any of the apps touch features .
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

joe_gadget Posted at 2017-2-13 05:35
If you install the hdmi module on your controller you can display on any display device which has a HDMI input. Of course that also means you won't be able to use any of the apps touch features .

The device screen should still be usable, goggles or not...

RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
joe_gadget
Second Officer

Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-13 05:37
The device screen should still be usable, goggles or not...

Sure - I should have added you'll need to take the goggles off to do this.
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

joe_gadget Posted at 2017-2-13 05:41
Sure - I should have added you'll need to take the goggles off to do this.

Yes, that's correct. Just slip them up on the broad forehead, and  glance down occasionally. ;-)

Enjoy those goggles guys, they will bring you to a whole new level of awareness..

But, always be aware of "all" your drones surroundings...

RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
wdmasters
New

United States

Check the Link: https://www.yuneec.com/en_US/pro ... rview_US_US.html..., I purchased this and am well pleased, except for the nose area ( I installed some foam padding onto a sticky-backed Velcro Strip & cut to fit...works good for me) oversight on the design in my opinion. Once you get use to the new surreal environment, you'll never look at a Tablet/Phone screen again. You'll also want to purchase (1) 2.1 m Mini HDMI to Micro HDMI Cable (for Cameras) to connect to the Skyview & HDMI Module for a seamless connection without using an adapter...My 2 cents worth.
2017-2-13
fansb885c69e
Second Officer
Flight distance : 349419 ft
Canada

I have the fat sharkV3 as well as the Head Play goggles. I can't decide which I like better. As mentioned you need the HDMI module. You can program the numerous buttons on your controller so you never have to look at the device, if you can remember which buttons do what. I have a 15' HDMI cable and like to give "flights" on the drone around the hood. Make sure you or your friends sit down for the first flights. You can get a little woozy I always sit to fly with goggles. Its well worth it.
2017-2-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Tom,

This is all good input, but I like fansb885 comments best, even though RedHot is always funny.  Do be aware that your remote controller will put out 720p HD video.  The HeadPlay goggles will display 720p video with almost no lag if you do it right.  I have HeadPlay goggles.

But, the FatShark V3, which I also use, is only rated and capable of displaying 800X600 video.  It is not full HD, like 720p.  The reason FatShark goggles are so popular is because when used with wireless, not HDMI, they have a lower resolution that also reduces lag so racers can orient and avoid obstacles more quickly.  But you are not flying a racer.  You are flying a camera.  For the camera, HeadPlay goggles will give you the best experience with the HDMI cable.  It will blow your mind.

Do be aware that you will also need to buy a 3' to 10' Mini to Mini HDMI cable and they are sold on Amazon.  Do not coil the cable (if it is too long) when it is under power - the coil generates radio interference.  But as fansb885 says, observers, especially kids, love what you have let them see.  Amazing!

If you have not purchased a tablet for your rig, it is strongly suggested that you purchase the nVidia Shield K1 from nVidia (only $200).  (There are 5000 bad battery Shields possibly being sold on E-Bay.  They actually catch fire.)  But, the nVidia Shield K1, with its good battery, is the most popular Adroid device on the Forum.

The nVidia Shield K1, which has no battery problem, is very overpowered and also has great video capabilities (ready for 4K).  It also has an HDMI output port that provides a complete copy of the display in real time.  If you ever get goggles that have a resolution of 1080p, the nVidia Shield K1 will provide the same video resolution.

You are about to step into a whole new world!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-14
Use props
fans66d40b4c
lvl.3
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-14 03:12
Aloha Tom,

This is all good input, but I like fansb885 comments best, even though RedHot is always funny.  Do be aware that your remote controller will put out 720p HD video.  The HeadPlay goggles will display 720p video with almost no lag if you do it right.  I have HeadPlay goggles.

Head Play goggles in my opinion are better than FAT Shark HEAD PLAY Are Larger but the view is crystal Clear
I have both.
2017-2-14
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans66d40b4c Posted at 2017-2-14 03:19
Head Play goggles in my opinion are better than FAT Shark HEAD PLAY Are Larger but the view is crystal Clear
I have both.

Aloha fans66,

Absolutely!  I agree completely!  The HeadPlay goggles are actually higher resolution than 720p, but I have not seen it make a difference with my 1080p nVidia Shield K1 output yet (P4 and P4 Pro).  My P3P has the DJI HDMI module, so I have all the options.  Amazing!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-14
Use props
fansb885c69e
Second Officer
Flight distance : 349419 ft
Canada

Having both the FS and HP I find that if I want to fly FPV the V3 are better and for some reason I don't need reading glasses to view the screen. The HP on the other hand offer beautiful vistas and are great to give to friends, but I need to cram reading glasses into them to see. I also find that I do not have as much confidence in my flying with the HP as I do with the FS V3. Maybe that's why racers like the FS. The nicest thing about goggles is visibility in the bright sun. With the goggles you can see the screen so much better than hiding in the shade to view your device.
2017-2-14
Use props
telrush
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48396 ft
United States

Has anyone tried these out?
Moverio BT-300FPV Smart Glasses
2017-2-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

telrush Posted at 2017-2-15 19:51
Has anyone tried these out?
Moverio BT-300FPV Smart Glasses

I have heard they are not much use outside, and that is where you are most likely to be flying your aircraft.
2017-2-15
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I use the Dominator v3 and it worked fine. They say HD but actually it is only 720. So save the extra bucks for a lap dance or....
2017-2-15
Use props
Skyviewus.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48396 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-15 20:08
I have heard they are not much use outside, and that is where you are most likely to be flying your aircraft.

Possibly, unless you purchase these;

RO_BT-300_SUN_SHIELD_HD
BT-300 Sun Shield
$99.00

Our sun shield for Epson Moverio BT-300 features silvery blue polarized mirror sun lenses and an easy-mount design. Simply click the shield into the nose-piece area of the Epson device, and enjoy enhanced contrast and sun protection in brightly lit areas.
2017-2-16
Use props
jakobe

United States

you will need the hdmi adapter for your controller. Fatsharks do not show your eyeballs and HD picture, however the Skyzone Sky02 v+ does
2017-2-16
Use props
LJPro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15220 ft
United States

If you didn't want to go to all that expense for about $35 you could purchase the Litchi App and a cheap set of VR Goggles to use with your phone. Works perfectly and a great experience...
2017-2-16
Use props
ufoseeker1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397 ft
Australia

I have had the Headplays which compared to Far Shark are much better resolution BUT the best goggles IMHO are the Glyph.
They are the very best for FPV and they offer so many advantages as follows:-
1, Full LOS as now required by many authorities.
2. You can look down at your RC unit.
3. No cumbersome bulky blob on your head and you know at all times what is happening around you.
4. Great in full sunshine  - I live in Australia, Perth  
5. Resolution as good as 1080p, actually better, with superb color - way superior the the Headplays.
6. No misting up whatsoever - terrible on the Headplays.

The only downside is the slightly smaller FOV but hey, thats no problem to me and you will find that just about everybody that tries these love them, maybe a little dearer but worth every penny.   
2017-2-16
Use props
tschie54
New

United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-14 03:12
Aloha Tom,

Thank you for all the info.
2017-2-18
Use props
tschie54
New

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-13 05:49
Yes, that's correct. Just slip them up on the broad forehead, and  glance down occasionally. ;-)

Thanks Tom
2017-2-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I'm not Tom. Hahaha

But you're very welcome, anyway... ;-)

Have a great weekend.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-15 20:09
I use the Dominator v3 and it worked fine. They say HD but actually it is only 720. So save the extra bucks for a lap dance or....

Aloha dronist,

The Dominator HD3 (FSV1076) has a resolution of 800X600 (see spec sheet below) but accepts HDMI at 720p resolution.  That 720p HDMI displays 800X600 (600) resolution (see post #8 above).  The 720p resolution (1280X720) is entry level HD.  1080p (1920X1080) is standard HD.  One nice thing about the Dominator HD3 is that it can display 16:9 aspect ration for HDMI displays.  Nice wide view.

The HeadPlay HD goggles have a 1280x800px HD gloss screen which steps down to 720p resolution for the HDMI display.  This aids in clarity.

After spending all this money on 720p, and lower, display goggles, I am done until some decent 1080p goggles come out.  Has anyone tried the Eachine Goggles One?  The advertise a 5 Inch screen 5.8G 40CH Raceband HD 1080p with mini HDMI.  They list for $149.  

Until DJI comes out with their CrystalSky device/display, the nVidia Shield K1, and a few other devices, generate 1080p HDMI that can be used.  So far my 15.6" portable monitor shows a real nice 1080p image in the shade.  I am looking forward to 1080p goggles and the CrystalSky 7.85" device/display.

If the display of the Fat Shark title page of the manual is innappropriate, please let me know (I will delete it).  It is only for identification purposes.  Otherwise, still drooling!

Aloha and Drone On!
VidSpec1076.jpg
DomHD3-1076.jpg
2017-2-18
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha

Thx, I know, but it is deceiving to say HD  when it is only 720.

Either one are not as I expected them to be.

And with the head play it is like ur coming out of SciFi movie and little bit on the heavy side

I am waiting on DJI for their giggles but at the rate of MP it might be a lonnnng wait.
2017-2-18
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

These are supposedly 1920x1080 per eye.  Royole Moon 3D Goggles

Might be able to remove the face piece around the eyes and nose and just use the goggle part with the earpieces.  Don't know how a 720 DJI HDMI feed would work with them on scaling down, but I'd guess them to be somewhat clearer.
2017-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules