Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Trouble H265 conversion to ProRes
4362 10 2017-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stalker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

After following advice from other users here at the forums, I have installed iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe but it doesn't work as wished for: some videos it converts, others not, even while recorded with same settings. Very frustating.
This is an issue I didn't expect when I bought the P4P, not in the least place because Apple sells Phantoms in their shop.

Please DJI, give us a converter that works!

And then there are issues with the DNG as well, but I'll save those for another thread.
2017-2-13
Use props
Maxwhiteuv
lvl.4

United States

Just have a try at another good H.265 Video Converter, which allows you to encode DJI H.265 to Apple Prores in various different file formats for high quality and high performance editing in Final Cut Pro X editing.
If you computer is old or slow, or you just want to do some rough editing, you can select to output “Apple Prores Proxy)(*.mov)”or “Apple Prores (LT)(*.mov)”format to save more space and bandwidth. However, if your computer are powerful enough to handle multicam and high-resolution video and you are going to do many effects editing work with FCP X, you’d better choose to output “Apple Prores 422(*.mov)”or “Apple Prores 422(HQ)(*.mov)”for better performance.
2017-3-27
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
First Officer
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

I use Brorsoft and have never had any issues. I have converted dozens of H.265 videos from my P4P and I2 into ProRes. Works great for my needs.
2017-4-5
Use props
fansfbd82212
Banned

Japan

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-4-11
Use props
AndyBowline
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2671811 ft
Australia

Try a program called editready made by Divergent Media, I use it, just drop and drag my whole SD card in there, specify an output folder and choose prores LT or whatever you'd like
2018-3-22
Use props
stalker
Second Officer
Netherlands

AndyBowline Posted at 2018-3-22 17:31
Try a program called editready made by Divergent Media, I use it, just drop and drag my whole SD card in there, specify an output folder and choose prores LT or whatever you'd like

Thanks! Will do.
2018-3-23
Use props
Jojoyuan
lvl.1

Singapore

You can transcode and convert Phantom 4 Pro 4K/HD HEVC video files to FCP X preferred Apple ProRes.mov via this video converter[url]http://www.brorsoft.cn/mac-imedia-converter/[/url]
2018-4-2
Use props
stalker
Second Officer
Netherlands

Jojoyuan Posted at 2018-4-2 01:14
You can transcode and convert Phantom 4 Pro 4K/HD HEVC video files to FCP X preferred Apple ProRes.mov via this video converterhttp://www.brorsoft.cn/mac-imedia-converter/[/url]

Yes that was mentioned earlier in this discussion. Thanks anyway.
2018-4-2
Use props
nJo-nJo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 51355 ft
Bulgaria

Do you try Handbrake?
2018-4-7
Use props
AlexVideoShark 5
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I'm just paste and copy
The H.265 allows great performance, but none of the best editing programs (Adobe Premier, Pro / Apple Final Cut X) is able to process it better.
To do this we need to convert the files to H.265 in something more convenient to use.
To maintain maximum image quality and have a lean and practical editing process, we will convert the original file to the ProRes 422 LT codec.

There are versions of ProRes that would guarantee even greater quality, but we would find ourselves in front of exaggeratedly large files, so complicated to manage.

The two best programs that can be used for conversion are PavTube (www.pavtube.com), available for Mac and Windows, and EditReady (www.divergentmedia.com/editready),
but available only for Mac.
From our test, performed on a file from a Dji Phantom 4, we found that EditReady reaches the end of the process much faster, maintaining a quality virtually identical to that of the competitor.

But why did we convert the file to ProRes and not to H.264?
In the second case, simply, we would have lost more in image quality.
Furthermore, once the file was compressed into an H.264 codec, we would have had to convert it to something more editable,
losing in time and quality of the final result.
by G. Schuller
2018-4-7
Use props
betterfuturewe
lvl.1

United States

Step 1: Add video to iDealshare VideoGo
Step 2: Click Profile drop down button to select Apple ProRes MOV from HD Video category.
Step 3: Click Convert button to finish conversion.
2019-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules