Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Trouble upgrading X3 firmware
2273 5 2017-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
natelannan
lvl.1

United States

Here is what I have tried in order to upgrade Zenmuse X3 on Matrice M600:

followed steps here:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php ... rading_the_Firmware

1 - downloaded zip file for X3 here:
http://www.dji.com/matrice600/info#downloads

2 - unzipped the file and placed the resultant .bin file on my SD card which has plenty of space

3 - reinserted the SD card into the X3 and powered up the M600 with the controller off

4 - I'm supposed to hear 4 short beeps while firmare is being upgraded.  I hear nothing.  Wait 25 minutes, check SD card, no upgrade status .txt

5 - I disconnected the CAN cable connected to the X3, reinserted the SD with the .bin on it and tried again
This time I hear 2 short beeps not 4.  wait 25 minutes, check SD card, no upgrade status .txt

I have formatted the card a couple of times, made sure I am at latest aircraft, LB2, and controller firmware.

what am I missing?
IMG_0009.jpg
2017-2-13
Use props
Enabran
lvl.1

United States

Having the same problem with my m600/x3 setup. were you able to resolve this issue?
2017-3-27
Use props
Enabran
lvl.1

United States

Having the same problem with my m600/x3 setup. were you able to resolve this issue?
2017-4-8
Use props
Radf9760
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same problem. I upgraded to the newest firmware on the M600 per DJI Support's request, nothing changed. The X3 shipped with Osmo firmware and will not upgrade to M600 firmware. I've tried formatting the SD cards via the M600 and via PC. I've tried updating with the CAN cable disconnected, with the CAN cable & gimble cables both disconnected, and, of course, with all cables connected.

DJI is suggesting that I "find someone with an Inspire" and update it that way. I'm in northern Idaho, no I know has an Inspire and I have no idea how to locate someone with an Inspire. This is maddening. This is the 3rd time this year that we've had major problems updating the firmware on a camera. These aren't toys, we're working on very high-dollar contracts and I need my equipment to function.
2017-12-6
Use props
DECinHSV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

Radf9760 Posted at 2017-12-6 15:56
I'm having the same problem. I upgraded to the newest firmware on the M600 per DJI Support's request, nothing changed. The X3 shipped with Osmo firmware and will not upgrade to M600 firmware. I've tried formatting the SD cards via the M600 and via PC. I've tried updating with the CAN cable disconnected, with the CAN cable & gimble cables both disconnected, and, of course, with all cables connected.

DJI is suggesting that I "find someone with an Inspire" and update it that way. I'm in northern Idaho, no I know has an Inspire and I have no idea how to locate someone with an Inspire. This is maddening. This is the 3rd time this year that we've had major problems updating the firmware on a camera. These aren't toys, we're working on very high-dollar contracts and I need my equipment to function.

Rad --- are you sure the OSMO/X3 works on the M600P?  I thought I had read that the OSMO X3 and the X3 (from the Inspire 1) were somehow different.  I sure hope you are correct and can figure it out . . . let me know I'll be mounting mine ~
2017-12-10
Use props
Radf9760
lvl.1

United States

DECinHSV Posted at 2017-12-10 02:14
Rad --- are you sure the OSMO/X3 works on the M600P?  I thought I had read that the OSMO X3 and the X3 (from the Inspire 1) were somehow different.  I sure hope you are correct and can figure it out . . . let me know I'll be mounting mine ~

They are indeed different!

My boss ordered the X3 Zoom not knowing that the Zoom is strictly for the OSMO. Kind of a bummer because it was listed as compatible on the retailer's website, easy mistake to make.

I'm kicking myself, I know X3's are white and when I saw the one we had was black I just shrugged it off and thought they changed to color.

Very, very stupid on my end.

Fortunately, DJI repaired our X5 before another job came up and I think we're good to go. I haven't flown it yet but I think we're in a rarely experienced position of everything being up to date AND everything working.

So weird, that never happens Christmas miracle.
2017-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules