ipad mini 2
1135 6 2017-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans128e1ce0
lvl.3

United States

I am looking at the Ipad mini 2 for my inspire 1 I will only be using it with the inspie I am looking at a ipad mini 2 but I really don't want to have to pay for a cell subscription to use it. What I need to know is can you use the follow me mode with a Ipad mini 2 with wifi only or do you need Wifi + cellular to use it and if you get Wifi + cellular do you have to subscribe to a cell plan to use it.

2017-2-13
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Do not need to activate the cell plan to use it .  You need the GPS function to use the follow me mode on the Go app   The way I understood the Apple products is the Wi fi was One option that came on almost all I pad's  , then you have the Option of Cellular and GPS, these come together .

Can I make a suggestion , I have seen some problems with the Mini I pads as they do not have enough power, this is NOT always the case but as the Encryption becomes more complicated and the GO apps taking More and more Power it could be a problem .... could you get the MINI 4  instead of the MINI 2.  I have just seen many stories of how ( Mini 2 )  it does not have enough power .  I have the I pad Pro with with cell and GPS and the follow me mode works great, I did not have to activate  the cell feature at all to use it .

So if you are going to be using this recreationally then the MINI 2 might just squeak by but if encryption gets more complex it may not work that well.

So bottom line the Mini 2 will get you by and the I pad air or Pro are flawless.  , You need the GPS function on the I pad for follow me  to work , the cell is combined with the GPS so you must get both  and you don't need to activate the cell feature for it to work .

Hope this helps
donnie

2017-2-14
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been using an Ipad Mini 2 for a year now with no problems at all. No cellular on mine.
2017-2-14
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-2-14 09:40
I have been using an Ipad Mini 2 for a year now with no problems at all. No cellular on mine.

Just want to double check , You can't use the follow me feature on yours correct .  Because it does not have the cell and GPS correct .  I know not all have problems with the MINI 2 , that is why I said it would work , wonder why others have issue .  

donnie
2017-2-14
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, that is correct. I never use follow me anyway.
The key is to turn off all applications that may be running in the background.
I have dedicated this Ipad to use with the Inspire only, so I have no other apps loaded into it either.
It's battery lasts a long time and it has very little latency.
(No such thing as zero latency!)
2017-2-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPad mini 2 works fine with the inspire 1. If you want to use follow me mode you need the cellular version that has GPS built in to the device. Please note that this is an older Apple device but has worked nicely for me. You do not need to activate the cell service to take advantage of the built in GPS.  

Now with this said, I prefer the iPad mini 4 version with cellular. Lot's of power and never misses a beat.

Good luck

Rich
2017-2-14
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-2-14 16:44
Yes, that is correct. I never use follow me anyway.
The key is to turn off all applications that may be running in the background.
I have dedicated this Ipad to use with the Inspire only, so I have no other apps loaded into it either.

I think you are on to something , apps in background running can just put the processor over the top !

donnie
2017-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules