2017-2-13
Use props
Octavian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56158 ft
United States

WYHSniper1007 Posted at 2017-2-13 13:26
I think there will be one soon

I wonder if we can use those cheap unidirectional plastic boosters for Inspire 1 like this one http://www.getbestcopter.com/pro ... tter-signal-extend/
2017-2-13
Use props
Flory
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2277503 ft
  • >>>
United States

A guy on facebook has done a couple panels he says they work great. IDK though I'm thinking about it
2017-2-18
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased these:  Link

I have had great success with this product but to be honest, I don't use them much for normal flying. Excellent quality and come in pretty handy.

Rich
2017-2-18
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-18 23:06
I purchased these:  Link

I have had great success with this product but to be honest, I don't use them much for normal flying. Excellent quality and come in pretty handy.

Hey Rich,
You have to be careful when using these devices. You have a couple of things going on when using a reflector. 1. The signal becomes somewhat directional. 2. Power is reflected back into the antenna and to the final in the transmitter. The final doesn't like that.
Now, my reason for contacting you. Have you heard anything in regard to the loss in flight time using the X5S and anything on a larger capacity battery to compensate for the loss due to the added weight.

Thanks
r
2017-2-19
Use props
Viper Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

When recording video using the X5S I have measured approx. 5 min. less flight time then when using no camera (except for the FPV camera).  Haven't heard anything about a larger capacity battery yet.
2017-2-19
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2017-2-19 08:15
Hey Rich,
You have to be careful when using these devices. You have a couple of things going on when using a reflector. 1. The signal becomes somewhat directional. 2. Power is reflected back into the antenna and to the final in the transmitter. The final doesn't like that.
Now, my reason for contacting you. Have you heard anything in regard to the loss in flight time using the X5S and anything on a larger capacity battery to compensate for the loss due to the added weight.

You are correct that the antennas should be pointing in the best direction to achieve good performance. Some common sense will need to be applied to take advance of these range extenders

I have read that most folks are getting about 20-21 minutes with the X5S  camera but this is not my personal experience ( I do not own one yet). Their were some rumors of a larger battery that could come out of the I2 but no facts on this yet. The more weight you add to the Inspire will only detract from the fight times. We will need to wait and see if DJI has some new ideas (battery chemistry changes in store) in the future. Looks like the TB50 is in short supply right now.

Rich
2017-2-19
Use props
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484806 ft
Canada

Will the new crystal sky monitor help with this? Or will a additional antenna still be required to boost signal?
2017-2-20
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Conrad Jay Posted at 2017-2-20 21:12
Will the new crystal sky monitor help with this? Or will a additional antenna still be required to boost signal?

In a few months DJI will introduce 4g to the Inspire 2, range and signal will be awesome, No need for boosters etc.

Game changer in my opinion

donnie
2017-2-21
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-19 12:06
You are correct that the antennas should be pointing in the best direction to achieve good performance. Some common sense will need to be applied to take advance of these range extenders

I have read that most folks are getting about 20-21 minutes with the X5S  camera but this is not my personal experience ( I do not own one yet). Their were some rumors of a larger battery that could come out of the I2 but no facts on this yet. The more weight you add to the Inspire will only detract from the fight times. We will need to wait and see if DJI has some new ideas (battery chemistry changes in store) in the future. Looks like the TB50 is in short supply right now.

Thanks for the update Rich. I think they can add a bit more capacity to the batteries without that much weight gain. Look what Apple is doing.  20 minutes isn't bad but an extra 10 as a cushion would really be nice. Look at the Phantom 4 Pro, same battery in size with a larger capacity. Makes it very attractive. Jim Hare is heading in that direction.
Best,
r
2017-2-21
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2017-2-21 06:20
Thanks for the update Rich. I think they can add a bit more capacity to the batteries without that much weight gain. Look what Apple is doing.  20 minutes isn't bad but an extra 10 as a cushion would really be nice. Look at the Phantom 4 Pro, same battery in size with a larger capacity. Makes it very attractive. Jim Hare is heading in that direction.
Best,
r

Agree with you and this would be very attractive. Regarding P4P battery, they added about 500mAh and look at the difference that made.

Let's see what happens next

Rich
2017-2-21
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-21 05:16
In a few months DJI will introduce 4g to the Inspire 2, range and signal will be awesome, No need for boosters etc.

Game changer in my opinion

Donnie
I agree they added 4G but have not seen the range really increase like DJI promoted. We will need to see how this develops..

Rich
2017-2-21
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-21 09:55
Agree with you and this would be very attractive. Regarding P4P battery, they added about 500mAh and look at the difference that made.

Let's see what happens next

The technology is out there. I would imagine that they are always looking to increase flight time. They are a progressive company.
2017-2-23
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-21 09:58
Donnie
I agree they added 4G but have not seen the range really increase like DJI promoted. We will need to see how this develops..

The way that I understand 4G it is just a speed increase.
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules