Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Misleading] GOOGLE MAPS ARE BACK AGAIN IN DJI GO
123Next >
5781 88 2017-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf274e658
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53465 ft
United States

Am I seeing things or anyone else can confirm ?
2017-2-13
Use props
fansf274e658
lvl.1
United States

Has enough people complained and DJI made refinements...
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hey hey hey? Ah, so they read my plea. Then you're all welcome. Haha

Thank me later, after we know everyone is onboard...

RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
fansf274e658
lvl.1
United States

If they listen to what the forum members say they will have no complaints.
I think the google maps was a better choice. The here maps are not as detailed. Older maps and then have lots of cloud coverage on areas and then some areas not even any medium details.
So overall it was a silly move for whatever reason and going back to google maps a smarter move ..
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fansf274e658 Posted at 2017-2-13 13:33
If they listen to what the forum members say they will have no complaints.
I think the google maps was a better choice. The here maps are not as detailed. Older maps and then have lots of cloud coverage on areas and then some areas not even any medium details.
So overall it was a silly move for whatever reason and going back to google maps a smarter move ..

Oh they always listen, just slow motion response. ;-)

Happy that everything has been restored.

Maybe they also wanted everyone to update your firmware.... Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
fans4d3dcf46
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Is this via an app update? I still have Here maps on 3.1.3 (android)
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fans4d3dcf46 Posted at 2017-2-13 14:26
Is this via an app update? I still have Here maps on 3.1.3 (android)

Perhaps yes, you should update the app for your device to catch up.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
Steve-76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

3.1.3 and it has here maps
2017-2-13
Use props
fans4d3dcf46
lvl.1

United Kingdom

So is there a newer version to 3.1.3? Not showing in the Play Store in the UK
2017-2-13
Use props
kndll
Captain
Flight distance : 930161 ft
Canada

??????????????????????????????
2017-2-13
Use props
OregonDude
lvl.1
United States

Took the forced update from 3.0.1 to 3.1.3 and now have Here maps. How are people getting Google maps with Android DJI Go 3.1.3?
2017-2-13
Use props
fansf274e658
lvl.1
United States

I did have it ,  Now its back to here maps...
I know it was google maps.. the logo was even on the app.
But since trying it again its back on here maps.

With lower resolution,   older maps... some maps even blurred out..
2017-2-14
Use props
cvein88
lvl.1
United States

FOR SOME REASON MY MAPS ARE ALWAYS BLANK WITH NO DETAIL EVEN THOUGH MY LOCATION IS ON...How do I fix this>?

Thanks

Chris
2017-2-14
Use props
RADROCKET
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1110827 ft
United States

When I first opened the forced update 3.1.3 it was HERE maps. The second time I opened the app it was back to Google idk why. May have something to do with the Map app you already have on your device ?
2017-2-14
Use props
Skynet 1997
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28914 ft
United States

RADROCKET Posted at 2017-2-14 05:05
When I first opened the forced update 3.1.3 it was HERE maps. The second time I opened the app it was back to Google idk why. May have something to do with the Map app you already have on your device ?

How do you guys tell which map is being used? I just opened the map but don't see where it would tell me which one it's using. Do you need to be connected to the controller? Don't have the controller with me right now.
P3S
Thanks...
2017-2-14
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Captain
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Skynet 1997 Posted at 2017-2-14 06:35
How do you guys tell which map is being used? I just opened the map but don't see where it would tell me which one it's using. Do you need to be connected to the controller? Don't have the controller with me right now.
P3S
Thanks...

I have seen where there is faint printing on the map that says HERE. Like a watermark.
2017-2-14
Use props
Rene Jensen
First Officer
Denmark

cvein88 Posted at 2017-2-14 02:51
FOR SOME REASON MY MAPS ARE ALWAYS BLANK WITH NO DETAIL EVEN THOUGH MY LOCATION IS ON...How do I fix this>?

Thanks

cache the map areas where you fly when you are connectet to the home wifi
2017-2-14
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Arab Emirates

Skynet 1997 Posted at 2017-2-14 06:35
P3S
Thanks...

Google maps have GOOGLE written in lower bottom left corner of the map display ... sometimes its only feint ...

Nigel
2017-2-14
Use props
Skynet 1997
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28914 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-2-14 07:38
Google maps have GOOGLE written in lower bottom left corner of the map display ... sometimes its only feint ...

Nigel

Thanks, I don't see Google on the map so assume it's the Here map. Does the Here map display it's name?
I'm on IOS iPhone 6 & iPad Mini 2 with app v3.1.5
2017-2-14
Use props
Rene Jensen
First Officer
Denmark

heremaps use somthing like a watermark  with the text Here Maps
2017-2-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Here today, gone tomorrow.

Much like life, it was only a test. Dry run through..

Maybe it will return soon... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-14
Use props
fansf274e658
lvl.1
United States

Rene Jensen Posted at 2017-2-14 08:22
heremaps use somthing like a watermark  with the text Here Maps

It clearly said google maps... Its back to here maps now.
I checked it 3 times before i came on here. and later the day it was back to here.
2017-2-14
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Here? Where? Everywhere? Can I find it on Google? Oh, Here maps? Don;t know - my GO app crashes so much after the last 2 updates....
2017-2-14
Use props
JackA
First Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

I have also had two instances where the Android GO APP has shut down my Android viewing device.  This is new to me and started with GO APP 3.1.3 Android.  So far not serious as the shutdowns were in pre takeoff so had plenty of time to wait for the reboot.
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

JackA Posted at 2017-2-14 21:02
I have also had two instances where the Android GO APP has shut down my Android viewing device.  This is new to me and started with GO APP 3.1.3 Android.  So far not serious as the shutdowns were in pre takeoff so had plenty of time to wait for the reboot.

I'm sorry if it was missed it, but what mobile device are you using?
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansf274e658 Posted at 2017-2-14 11:08
It clearly said google maps... Its back to here maps now.
I checked it 3 times before i came on here. and later the day it was back to here.

If you're able to replicate it, could you happen to provide a screenshot? Do you happen to notice whether this occurs with cellular data or WiFi connection?
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-14 08:34
Here today, gone tomorrow.

Much like life, it was only a test. Dry run through..

That's pretty clever. Well done
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Skynet 1997 Posted at 2017-2-14 08:13
Thanks, I don't see Google on the map so assume it's the Here map. Does the Here map display it's name?
I'm on IOS iPhone 6 & iPad Mini 2 with app v3.1.5

It's like solentlife and Rene mentioned. There is a water mark in the map section that will display 'Here', or in this case 'Google'.
2017-2-14
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-14 22:53
I'm sorry if it was missed it, but what mobile device are you using?

There is no google maps with your FORCED upgrade to 3.1.3 because DJI does not listen to its customers ....so forget it or do SOMETHING ABOUT IT !!! We Android users are over having to tell you all the time to give us back GOOGLE MAPS...which bit or what does DJI not understand...its a simple request is it not. If not please to explain to us all of WHY we have to put up with outdated ...totally useless HERE maps!!I challenge you to a response to me and everyone else...we deserve it.
2017-2-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-14 22:57
That's pretty clever. Well done

Yes, and it probably also takes a bright person, to understand my meaning. ;-)

Thanks for understanding. Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-2-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Phantomski Posted at 2017-2-14 20:44
Here? Where? Everywhere? Can I find it on Google? Oh, Here maps? Don;t know - my GO app crashes so much after the last 2 updates....

Hahaha, I think you missed it. When the call came, you didn't pick up... ;-)

Don't let it get you down. I think there will be another static opportunity in the very near future.

When it happens again, I will most definitely notify you personally. Ok?

RedHotPoker
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2017-2-14 23:00
There is no google maps with your FORCED upgrade to 3.1.3 because DJI does not listen to its customers ....so forget it or do SOMETHING ABOUT IT !!! We Android users are over having to tell you all the time to give us back GOOGLE MAPS...which bit or what does DJI not understand...its a simple request is it not. If not please to explain to us all of WHY we have to put up with outdated ...totally useless HERE maps!!I challenge you to a response to me and everyone else...we deserve it.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to explain why DJI chose to go with Here maps instead of Google maps. These maps should still populate no differently from its Google counterpart. Is the map not populating properly?
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-14 23:15
Yes, and it probably also takes a bright person, to understand my meaning. ;-)

Thanks for understanding. Chuckles

No problem, Sir!
2017-2-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, You deep and serious thinker, you... ;-)

Here's thinking of you.. Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-2-14
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-14 23:35
Unfortunately, I'm unable to explain why DJI chose to go with Here maps instead of Google maps. These maps should still populate no differently from its Google counterpart. Is the map not populating properly?

Are you serious mate... Your answer is "IM UNABLE TO EXPLAIN"....have you ever used the Go App with "HERE" maps on Android.Populating properly????? Is that you best answer as an employee of DJI you can give us....Everyone is reading your replies so I would suggest you FIND out and EXPLAIN...is that too hard??? Looking forward to a sensible answer along with other people on this forum.
2017-2-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2017-2-15 01:49
Are you serious mate... Your answer is "IM UNABLE TO EXPLAIN"....have you ever used the Go App with "HERE" maps on Android.Populating properly????? Is that you best answer as an employee of DJI you can give us....Everyone is reading your replies so I would suggest you FIND out and EXPLAIN...is that too hard??? Looking forward to a sensible answer along with other people on this forum.

When you talk to any of the forum reps, mods or admin folks, in that tone, you aren't going to get an answer. Period.

Here's the thing. DJI Jamie is in the USA, DJI Corp are located in China. Forum moderators are here to manage and referee the forum, share helpful info, and keep the peace. They aren't privy to the folks who build and write code for the apps or firmware. Sure they can ask, but may not get the answers.
Much of what goes on, with the firmware and Go apps is kept confidential.

Asking or in your case demanding an appropriate answer is not going to get you anywhere.
You already have your honest and most sincere reply, "I'm unable to explain."
What part of that do you not understand or dislike? It's the fact, plain and simple. Get over it.

The mods here are already kind, considerate and helpful. Not beholding to us. Accept this and live with it.
They don't owe us answers. If they know, they usually tell us. That's it.
Please be polite and considerate to them,  for they work on our behalf. Helpful and generous.

Respect goes both ways. Give a little get a little. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-15
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
First Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Google Maps are still on Litchi! I've grown tired with the DJI GO app. and deleted it off the phone and tablet. It was a waist of space!
2017-2-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-2-15 02:18
Google Maps are still on Litchi! I've grown tired with the DJI GO app. and deleted it off the phone and tablet. It was a waist of space!

That's an awesome way to fix it... Good stuff.

Surprised no one else suggested that wise move. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-15
Use props
fansf274e658
lvl.1
United States

I am no expert,  but when the quality is less of a resolution, And then older maps with even cloud coverage in some areas...Not acceptable .
Even some areas that are blurred to the point of not making out anything !!!
2017-2-15
Use props
Devildog9999
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73865 ft
United States

The "here" maps are all but useless for even basic orientation in many areas.   DJI clearly wants us to stop using "Go" so they can deny any and all warranty claims because we are not using their application.  Forcing us to use a 3rd party is brilliant on their part.   

Force an upgrade to a beta version of software = Litchi users grow.  No warranty claims paid.

Give us lousy support, and lousy maps = make us use Litchi and other 3rd party platforms.  Have a problem and you only have 3rd party logs to send in, thus no warranty.

Refuse to publicly admit any fault for any reason at any time = frustration and eventually go to Litchi and other 3rd party apps.  No warranty claims paid.

DJI is absolutely brilliant when it comes to making money, keeping money, and then releasing a new product to get more money only to leave the rest of us high and dry.  

AT this point we all have the same three choices:
1.Use GO and "deal with it"
2.Go third Party
3. Argue with Poker and laugh along the sideline, and ultimately choose 1 or 2 anyway.

DJI HAS your money and they ARE NOT giving it back.  DJI  has ALL of the control and they ARE NOT giving it up.  
2017-2-15
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules