Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
One Battery stays ON after charging
3220 17 2017-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bitboy0 - mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 212201 ft
Germany

Hey there.

I have the combo since some weeks ago. Everything is fine with flying, making photos or videos so far.

But one of my three batteries is different. After charging (not using the hub) the LEDs stays on. I have to switch of that battery manualy after charging every time.
The two other batteries automaticaly swith of after charging. I asked in an independand forum in Germany for that and some other users have also some batteries with that behavior.

If I charge it using the hub, this battery also switches off if charging is complete...

2017-2-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

The performance for battery is fine, we're aware of this case.
What's your aircraft firmware version? please upgrade it to the latest and check it again, then keep us posted, thanks.
2017-2-14
Use props
bitboy0 - mavic
lvl.2
Germany

The battery performs well. The latest update was done this morning. The first time I restarted the RC,App and MAVIC there comes up "firmware inconsistant" (guess that was the battery?)
So I pressed "upgrade" and that was done in a minute.
The second battery causes the same "firmware inconsistant"-Message and I upraded that also
The third battery doesn't cause that message... THIS is the battery that won't switch of after charging.
2017-2-14
Use props
bitboy0 - mavic
lvl.2
Germany

The serial number of that battery is 093ADCH03108QH
2017-2-14
Use props
Ivan7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118504 ft
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-14 03:42
The performance for battery is fine, we're aware of this case.
What's your aircraft firmware version? please upgrade it to the latest and check it again, then keep us posted, thanks.

Natalia,

I upgraded from v01.03.0300 to v01.03.0400 and everything went fine.  For me there was a required battery update so I did all of mine. 4 of the 5 batteries needed to be updated which seemed a little strange that one did not require an update.  Anyhow, will have to take the bird out for a test.

Update: Looks like I have the same issue the original poster mentioned mentioned.  It will not switch off after charge completed when charging without the hub. My concern is that this one battery did not get a firmware update even though the latest DJI Go 4 app does not ask to update the battery.

So two questions.  What is the known issue you refer to and secondly how can I be sure what firmware is running on the battery?

My Battery serial number is 093AE1503103JP - Times charged 3.

Thanks in advance.
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

bitboy0 - mavic Posted at 2017-2-14 03:55
The serial number of that battery is 093ADCH03108QH

Thanks for the information, I'll report it to our engineers again.
Since the performance is fine, please do not worry about it, you can enjoy the flight!
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

I was referencing that we reported the case that LED lights stayed on after charging to our engineers. Please do not worry about it since it performs fine.
And I'll check with them again for this case, and get back to you.
2017-2-14
Use props
Ivan7
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-14 23:44
I was referencing that we reported the case that LED lights stayed on after charging to our engineers. Please do not worry about it since it performs fine.
And I'll check with them again for this case, and get back to you.

Thanks Natalia.  As mentioned just want to make sure that this one battery is taking firmware updates so if there is a tool to tell the firmware version of the battery that would be great.
2017-2-15
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have same problem with my two batteries too. How can we know which firmware has been installed in the battery.
2017-2-15
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

For your info
I have solved my batteries problem.
I used DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware with the problem battery,, turn off when it finished. Downgrade the Mavic with that battery to 000 version, after finished i upgrade it to the latest version.
After long process, the battery back to normal (it can see the new firmware and ask for update, also the battery will turn off when it full ( used the charger direct without hub).
The support has told me if after refresh the firmware the battery still problem then email dji to get replacement.
My two batteries are good now. Thanks for all the info above, which made me check and solve my problem
2017-2-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

If you still have the same issue, please fly aircraft with that battery which is not off after charging for several minutes, then export the flight log, we'll get that analyzed.
You can connect your aircraft to a PC with assistant 2 installed with USB cable and export the log, then upload it to dropbox and post the link here.
Please click on "Reply" button here so that I can get a remind, thanks.
2017-2-17
Use props
Ivan7
lvl.2
Singapore

hungdang Posted at 2017-2-17 00:57
For your info
I used DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware with the problem battery,, turn off when it finished. Downgrade the Mavic with that battery to 000 version, after finished i upgrade it to the latest version.

Nice work.  Testing that method now and will report back shortly.
2017-2-17
Use props
Ivan7
lvl.2
Singapore

Ivan7 Posted at 2017-2-17 02:57
Nice work.  Testing that method now and will report back shortly.

Pleased to confirm that the procedure worked and my Battery now shuts itself off after charging without using the Hub.  Fantastic! - Thanks Hungdang
2017-2-17
Use props
bitboy0 - mavic
lvl.2
Germany

I will try this tomorrow!
2017-2-17
Use props
bitboy0 - mavic
lvl.2
Germany

I now can confirm, that is working!
My battery now switches off after charging, like the two others do.

This took about 15 Minutes at all. Maybe DJI can find a faster way?
2017-2-18
Use props
fans412248b1
New

Australia

Worked for me too..  THANKS hungdang!

2017-3-19
Use props
TekSone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124226 ft
  • >>>
United States

hungdang Posted at 2017-2-17 00:57
For your info

Purchased:
MP/Batt1: came with MP,  no stock in Nevada, drove to Utah, April/10/2017, no issues
Batt2: bought separately, shipped from Arizona, delivered April/12/2017, no issues
Batt3: bought separately, shipped from Arizona, delivered April/12/2017, no issues
Batt4: bought separately, shipped from California, delivered April/12/2017, no issues

April/14/2017, charged all batts to 100%. I updated to V01.03.600 firmware (FW). I refreshed each battery with the MP since you cannot see which firmware the batt is on in DJI Go 4. Nothing worse than getting out to fly and you get an "Upgrade FW" message.

April/15/2017, flew with batt1. discharged batts 2-4 to 60%.

ApriI/22/2017, I charged all batts via charging hub.
Batt4: took off hub and had to powered down
Flew with batt2, batt3, partial batt4, came home
Charged batts 2-4 via charging hub
Batt4: took off hub and had to powered down

April/23/2017, Put Batt4 in box to take back to store, thinking it could be hub...
Put all 4 batts on MP single charger, came back in 15 minutes for each batt.
Batt1: took off MP single charger and had to powered down
Batt2: no issues
Batt3: no issues
Batt4: no issues
Put all batts back on hub, batts 2-4 all powered on, found this forum thread
Put each batt on MP and did FW downgrade for each, shut off MP
Powered on MP, did FW upgrade for each batt, placed each batt on charging hub, see "note" below.
Batt1: no issues
Batt2: no issues
Batt3: no issues
Batt4: no issues

NOTE: on the night of April/22/2017 I upgraded DJI Assistant 2 to DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.0_2. The app never prompted me to upgrade it either. In fact, I could not find a "Check for updates" command in the software anywhere. So I went to DJI.com and looked for software and noticed new version number. I installed the software the first time in November/2016 when I bought my Phantom 4. The new download did not overwrite my existing application. It now calls itself just "Assistant" in the Finder (Mac), created new logs, databases, folders, .plist, etc. I noticed the new folders are called DJI Assistant 2 and old folders are called DJI Assistant2...notice the space between "Assistant" and "2". Maybe the FW did not install correctly when using the old DJI Assistant.

All batts are back to normal. Thanks, hungdang

2017-4-23
Use props
Stryker One
New

United States

Ivan7,

The "bug" in this firmware would actually be a useful feature for us. Can you confirm that version v01.03.0300 causes this behavior?

Thank You

Dale Lindsey
2018-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules