Enough of Mavic Horror Stories, any 90% satisfied pilots?
12345Next >
8409 177 2017-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nakhwayusu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263737 ft
United States

I'll be getting my Mavic Pro in two days.  I think I read enough horror stories on the forum to really enjoy Mavic Pro when it arrives.  Are there any satisfaction stories? doesn't have to be 100% satisfaction I'll takes 90% satisfaction.

Thank you,
2017-2-14
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

95% satisfied here.
2017-2-14
Use props
RearViewMirror
lvl.3
United States

No problems here (so far)
2017-2-14
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Loving it at 37 flights, 6.5 hours of flying time so far. The toolset is deep and there's a lot for me to learn still about advanced functionality, what works best for the kind of photography I want to take, etc.
2017-2-14
Use props
Nakhwayusu
lvl.2
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-14 17:16
Loving it at 37 flights, 6.5 hours of flying time so far. The toolset is deep and there's a lot for me to learn still about advanced functionality, what works best for the kind of photography I want to take, etc.

that's awesome
2017-2-14
Use props
dnorm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481778 ft
United States

an ultra portable 12 megapixel, UHD/4k 3-axis stabilized camera platform built for the masses?

oh, and available for right at 1K USD?

yeah, LOTS to love right here.  
the majority of DJI drones are not toys, folks need to learn their equipment, put in the time and you will be rewarded.

also, this is pretty bleeding edge consumer kit, folks need to be patient as they refine the platform and allow fixes/improvements by way of software flexibility to roll out!

satisfied!

(haters gonna hate)

dave
2017-2-14
Use props
Turkk71
lvl.2
United States

No problems with the drone at all it has worked as expected in very severe conditions.  I have voiced my camera concern and won't say anymore, for what it is I can accept the footage, and in fact have shot what I consider to be some decent work.  
2017-2-14
Use props
Skeeter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84905 ft
United States

100% satisfied! 2hr56min flight time and 24 flights with no problems whatsoever. Still learning the camera aspects but love sport mode!
2017-2-14
Use props
mcd0nald
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3717 ft
Australia

95% if my mavic never had issue with softness image issue!!! Flying wise....it's nicotine addicted, otherwise!!!!
2017-2-14
Use props
P4TRI0T
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53645 ft
United States

No issues so far, the Mavic is working fine.  I too need more time with it to unleash its full potential.  

2017-2-14
Use props
JimmyC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 65814 ft
United States

Mine has been trouble free and flys great. May be a slight blurry on right side. I've been using basic auto focus and need to learn camera settings which I'm doing now.

2017-2-14
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.2

United States

I'm satisfied with my purchase.  It would be nice if the camera was a notch higher grade than it is but it's been a trouble free unit so far. Only a bit over 4 hours of flight time so far.
2017-2-14
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

99% satisfied
Need more battery capacity for longer range
2017-2-14
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

It's portable and the distance stock is better than expected. What's not to like? The thing that puts it over the top is the dji programmable modes, poi, waypoints, pano, active track. There's other software for it too.
2017-2-14
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

flew a few times too paranoid reading all these stories to fly it now so im grounded til i start seeing progress from dji software fixes but i havent really had any problems. i just dont trust it seems like a only mater of time
2017-2-14
Use props
hypnotist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559229 ft
United States

I've got just under 50 hours of flight time and it's been a dream.

Not a single problem.
2017-2-14
Use props
ExiledBlue
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5928881 ft
Thailand

80 plus flights in and the Mavic is simply sensational.

My only complaint about DJI is service related. Had 2 separate orders in for accessories, one despatched after waiting over 3 weeks , the other I have canceled (DJI told me via chat all items were in stock, but my order would not be despatched for another 2 weeks). That's simply not acceptable, and something in my opinion DJI needs to attend to quickly.
2017-2-14
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

3 batteries... 70 hours...miles and miles
2017-2-14
Use props
ColoradoBob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1601690 ft
United States

I'm at the 95% Satisfied column

I've logged 30 flights/5 hours 10 minutes of flight time and over 38,000 meters. I've flown higher, longer distances and got the best pictures/video with this bird than all of the previous quads I have built.
This is a good platform for the size factor.
2017-2-14
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

<sigh> I'm only 89%  
2017-2-14
Use props
Blade Breaker 0
lvl.2

United States

Very happy, I'm in MN so after last update with cold weather upgrade I'm very happy. Great aircraft
2017-2-14
Use props
Wilddeer
lvl.2

United States

Had the Mavic a week its perfect! I just flew 4000ft away and it performed flawless
2017-2-14
Use props
Wilddeer
lvl.2

United States

Im still waiting for more batteries lol
2017-2-14
Use props
RADU43
lvl.1

United States

All running beyond my expectations
2017-2-14
Use props
madispuk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133957 ft
Estonia

Also happy to have it even though I have had multiple problems.
2017-2-14
Use props
M Cubed Media
lvl.2
Flight distance : 166476 ft
South Africa

The first drone that I have ever owned, and I am loving it! The only problem is with me not knowing enough about it!

To date, I have had not problems at all and have accumulated just under eight hours of flight time in 42 flights!
100% satisfied!

2017-2-14
Use props
Mharz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4759560 ft
  • >>>
United States

At this point, less than a month in and only a few hours of flight I would call this 95% satisfied.

I'm carefully learning to fly and exploring all the controls.  So far I've found it superior to most quads I've flown.  It has good picture quality and is well stabilized even in moderate winds.  The packaging was maybe a little excessive but it felt like you were opening a premium product.  So far it's performed like one.

I think my only point of concern is that the remote holds my Samsung G6 only without it's case and that makes me nervous.  Plus taking the case off to fly and putting it back on again when I'm done flying is a bother.  Just going to have to buy a small tablet to use when I'm flying.
2017-2-14
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

98% satisfied had a problem with softness in video but hopefully it solved by changing profile and set sharpness to +1 to remove the NR.
The only thing i miss is the 60/96 FPS which is a huge disappointment. Others from that it is pure fun and love, tested all intelligent flight modes. Been flying where I had hundreds of errors with my phantom 3 without any problems nor errors, happy flying
2017-2-14
Use props
TimTyson Short
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114642 ft
United Kingdom

just had mine 2 days and stepping out further and further - love it but loads to learn - never a bad thing
2017-2-14
Use props
Peut
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1761181 ft
Netherlands

Love it! 95% satisfied, could be 100% if it returns from repair for a new gimbal (warranty issue) without problems
2017-2-14
Use props
Gotters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 553976 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Delighted with mine - first time drone owner and loving the toolset and YouTube rabbit holes its opened up for me to learn more.

Absolutely love the Mavic and surprised at how exciting it is to use, as usual though if you hang around the Internet forums you can get a bit overwhelmed with the negativity and moaning going on.

I'm 46 now and if you told the 10y old me this sort of thing would be possible and I'd have it one day I'd have thought you were mad (god I wish I had one of these when I was 10)
2017-2-14
Use props
Speed_Freak_039
lvl.2
United States

Works greart. Love mine. No issues
2017-2-15
Use props
bitboy0 - mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 212201 ft
Germany

The Camera ist of course not as good as that on an P4P oder Inspire, but this was never the claim aof DJI
Overall I'm almost 100% happy with my MAVIC! This is really a great piece of hightech and does the job very well!
2017-2-15
Use props
Alex SP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112549 ft
Brazil

110% satisfied. Not a single issue that wasn't supposed to exist anyway. Not perfect, but insanely fun and easy to deal with.

These compact drones with real-time video and GPS and 1000K ballpark are a godsend for us hobbyists used to a lot more trouble. Trouble we love but still in R/C it's a lot more work and a lot less time flying. Now, work on these toys is fine and fun. But flying and filming is a lot more and what it's about, that's my point.

Take your time to learn, start slow and build knowledge and confidence. Be responsible. Many new pilots just rush things and then put the blame on the equipment. In R/C and hobby there's no such thing as instant gratification. The learning curve is steep, long and expensive. DJI has cut a lot of that in our favour, but still every move right or wrong has a price.
2017-2-15
Use props
Nakhwayusu
lvl.2
United States

Peut Posted at 2017-2-14 23:35
Love it! 95% satisfied, could be 100% if it returns from repair for a new gimbal (warranty issue) without problems

Best of lucks
2017-2-15
Use props
Nakhwayusu
lvl.2
United States

Alex SP Posted at 2017-2-15 04:59
110% satisfied. Not a single issue that wasn't supposed to exist anyway. Not perfect, but insanely fun and easy to deal with.

These compact drones with real-time video and GPS and 1000K ballpark are a godsend for us hobbyists used to a lot more trouble. Trouble we love but still in R/C it's a lot more work and a lot less time flying. Now, work on these toys is fine and fun. But flying and filming is a lot more and what it's about, that's my point.

Thx for the great advice
2017-2-15
Use props
Daley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197953 ft
United States

I absolutely love my Mavic.  I used the DJI Ground Station Pro App to take 90 pictures of a large area so I could create my own 'google maps' and it worked flawlessly.  I used Photoshop to stitch together all the pictures.  The video quality is superb.  I would invest in the Polar Pro filters to get your shutter speed to double your frame rate for the best cinematic filming.

I also flew mine into a tree by accident.  Sent it back to DJI for repairs and surprisingly cost me $103 and I didn't have DJI Care.  No other drone on the market even comes close to functionality and price.
2017-2-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had an issue with the VPS sensors that was resolved in the latest firmware update other than that the mavic is great, almost futuristic.
2017-2-15
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

It's been a great, capable little drone, and I've enjoyed learning about aerial photography. Flew it in wind, cold (within reason of course, cautiously) and found it performed at or exceeding expectation.

No jello in the video for a long time, no firmware updates have failed yet, and even when I lost signal flying it above power lines, it just flew right back within half a minute.
Steady as a rock within 30 feet of the ground, fast as all get out in Sport, and takes great photos as far as I'm concerned.

Grumpy that the plastic gimbal cover broke, but it's $11 for another one, so... no big deal. Not going to affect my flying.
2017-2-15
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105558 ft
United States

I like to make pow pow with mine

2017-2-15
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now