Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tips on slowing down Yaw and Gimbal
7112 17 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OhOhDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 526076 ft
United States

Are there suggested tips on how to slow down the yaw and gimbal? I am trying to combine yaw+gimbal movements for better cinematic effects. To do this better, I would like to slow down the response of the controller.

I found this rather lengthy video below but you can just stop at 0 seconds and see the settings. Basically,

Yaw Expo=0.20
Yaw End Stop = 50

Gimbal Smoothtrack: between 20 and 30
Gimbal speed: between 20 and 30.

I found Yaw Expo and played around with it but decided on 0.1 which is the lowest setting. Also found the Gimbal speed and slowed it down as well. But I cannot find the other settings (Yaw End Stop and Gimbal Smoothtrack). I am using Android so I am not sure if the settings are different.

Anyone out there have played around with these settings?

Thanks!

()
2017-2-15
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

OH,

This video is old.

Yaw End Stop is NOW "Yaw Movement Limit"  and you can find it under Advanced setting under ROTTER icon

Gimbal Smoothtrack is NOW "Gimbal Pitch Smoothness" and you can find it under GIMBAL icon

if it helped...
2017-2-15
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.4
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-15 10:56
OH,

This video is old.

Thanks friend!
2017-2-15
Use props
DT393
lvl.4
Flight distance : 282979 ft
United States

OH,

This video is old.

Nice thanks for that, I was wondering which exactly matched up with the older video.
2017-2-15
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.4
United States

OH,

This video is old.

I actually do not see Yaw Movement Limit. I only see Yaw Endpoint.

I see it under: Rotor->Advanced Settings->Sensitivity
Also for the Gimbal settings, under the Advanced Settings section, I only see Gimbal Start/Stop Buffer and Gimbal Pitch EXP. So I don't see either Gimbal Speed or Gimbal Pitch Smoothness.

Are you using IOS? I am using Android.
Capture.PNG
2017-2-15
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

My pleasure and keep that MP in the air.
2017-2-15
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

OhOhDrone Posted at 2017-2-15 16:56
I actually do not see Yaw Movement Limit. I only see Yaw Endpoint.

Yes I am using IOS.

I guess they have different names under different OS but same functionalities.

LIMIT = ENDPOINT

SMOOTHNESS = PITCH EXP
2017-2-15
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DT393 Posted at 2017-2-15 16:26
Nice thanks for that, I was wondering which exactly matched up with the older video.

Welcome... Also there is differences in the between OS too. I responded to that too.
2017-2-15
Use props
PR MAVIC
New

United Kingdom

Tomstechtime on YT is brill for this advice. Worth a watch.
2017-2-23
Use props
aerofart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427969 ft
United States

Yaw Endpoint basically cuts off the travel of the yaw stick.  So for example, if you move the stick all the way in one direction (100%), it really only counts it as 30% if you set your Yaw Endpoint to 30%.  This setting is great combined with EXP settings because basically, you get to take the shallow (flat) portion of the EXP curve and "spread" it across the entire travel of your stick, and you'll never hit the steep end of the curve.

Here's an illustration of Yaw Endpoint applied to an EXP curve.  Applying this endpoint essentially stretches the curve between the two endpoints to the edges, eliminating the steep ends of the curve.  So you'll basically have very fine control of your aircraft over a very shallow curve.  End result: very smooth cinematic motion!
2018-1-28
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.4
United States

aerofart Posted at 2018-1-28 19:19
Yaw Endpoint basically cuts off the travel of the yaw stick.  So for example, if you move the stick all the way in one direction (100%), it really only counts it as 30% if you set your Yaw Endpoint to 30%.  This setting is great combined with EXP settings because basically, you get to take the shallow end of the EXP curve and "spread" it across the entire travel of your stick, and you'll never hit the steep end of the curve.

Here's an illustration of Yaw Endpoint applied to an EXP curve.  Applying this endpoint essentially stretches the curve between the two endpoints to the edges, eliminating the steep ends of the curve.  So you'll basically have very fine control of your aircraft over a very shallow curve.  End result: very smooth cinematic motion![view_image]

Very nicely illustrated. I am going to try this today! Thanks so much!
2018-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yaw Endpoint basically cuts off the travel of the yaw stick.  So for example, if you move the stick all the way in one direction (100%), it really only counts it as 30% if you set your Yaw Endpoint to 30%.  This setting is great combined with EXP settings because basically, you get to take the shallow end of the EXP curve and "spread" it across the entire travel of your stick, and you'll never hit the steep end of the curve.

Here's an illustration of Yaw Endpoint applied to an EXP curve.  Applying this endpoint essentially stretches the curve between the two endpoints to the edges, eliminating the steep ends of the curve.  So you'll basically have very fine control of your aircraft over a very shallow curve.  End result: very smooth cinematic motion![view_image]

Great bit of advice! Thanks
2018-2-5
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

Croatia

Very nice controls. Wondering why we don't have it with Spark but need to fiddle with Assistant to set it up.
2018-2-5
Use props
aerofart
lvl.3
United States

OhOhDrone Posted at 2017-2-15 16:56
I actually do not see Yaw Movement Limit. I only see Yaw Endpoint.

You're looking at the wrong settings.
2018-2-13
Use props
aerofart
lvl.3
United States

The Spark is targeted to less sophisticated users.  Settings like these could cause a lot of trouble when changed by novices who don't know what they're doing - and most certainly would result in a large up-tick in support calls to DJI . . .
2018-2-13
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.4
United States

Yaw Endpoint basically cuts off the travel of the yaw stick.  So for example, if you move the stick all the way in one direction (100%), it really only counts it as 30% if you set your Yaw Endpoint to 30%.  This setting is great combined with EXP settings because basically, you get to take the shallow (flat) portion of the EXP curve and "spread" it across the entire travel of your stick, and you'll never hit the steep end of the curve.

I just tried this a few times last night and it worked. I misunderstood that the 30% setting would completely remove the exponential response at the end but it is still much better than the current default setting. Thanks again for this tutorial!

While we are at it, do you have any suggestions for gimbal dampening? I am trying to achieve the same response when I push the scroll button but at the same time when I release the gimbal scroll, I would like the gimbal to "gracefully" come to a stop. I have experimented with various settings but it doesn't always turn out as nice on bigger screens.
2018-2-14
Use props
aerofart
lvl.3
United States

OhOhDrone Posted at 2018-2-14 08:06
I just tried this a few times last night and it worked. I misunderstood that the 30% setting would completely remove the exponential response at the end but it is still much better than the current default setting. Thanks again for this tutorial!

While we are at it, do you have any suggestions for gimbal dampening? I am trying to achieve the same response when I push the scroll button but at the same time when I release the gimbal scroll, I would like the gimbal to "gracefully" come to a stop. I have experimented with various settings but it doesn't always turn out as nice on bigger screens.

Glad than worked out for you.

The gimble has it's own settings, about 2-3 of them if I recall.  You need to set the right combination of settings to get the effect you want.  I recommend working with one setting at a time and going to the extremes on each setting to get a "feel" for the gimble response, and adjust accordingly.
2018-2-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2020-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now