Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Charging Hub vs Multiple Chargers
10062 12 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
daBKLYNdoorman
lvl.1
United States

(1) the charging hub
or
(2) multiple chargers

What do you prefer for charging your batteries?

Clearly the charging hub charges in series and thus takes a long time to charge all 4 batteries. On the other hand, it is more convinient to carry.

2017-2-15
Use props
dana5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

There are actually more options than what you have listed.

For the 2 you stated, it comes down to either using the hub, charging only 1 battery at a time, or multiple chargers (which would cost a lot more), charging one battery per charger.

But you should also consider that the car charger chargest much faster than the standard charger. Then, there is also an upgraded hub, which works with the charger from either the P4 or Inspire (I forget which), which will still only charge one battery at a time, but do it even faster. Then, you have 3rd party charging options, where it's a single plugin charger, with 3 tails, charging 3 batteries at the same time, plus 2 other devices via USB. This option would be cheaper than purchasing several plugin or car chargers.

I think the best thing to do is to stick with the components that come with the Fly More package, and then purchase a couple more batteries, if needed. By the time you drain all of your batteries, the charger will have a couple of them charged back up again. But how long do you really plan on flying during a single session? If you get even 20 minutes out of each battery, then that's an hour of flight time. In reality, that's a long time to be flying without taking a break.

Do you actually have a drone yet? Or are you someone who has ordered a Mavic, and while waiting for it is possibly overthinking what you may or may not need? If you are someone who actually WANTS to (or needs to) fly for more than I would, then I recommend having more batteries, and not more chargers. Get them charged up and then flying. The reason I say this is because it's bad for the battery to go on the charger if it's hot, and after a flight, it would be. The battery needs a reasonable amount of time to cool, so charging time is not the only issue.

In the end, I would *hope* that 3 batteries would be enough for most people, and the standard charging hub will be sufficient. Though I understand that some *might* have a need to fly longer.
2017-2-15
Use props
Citation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134908 ft
United States

Well stated information.
2017-2-15
Use props
4wesomeAdam
Second Officer
United States

dana5 Posted at 2017-2-15 12:50
There are actually more options than what you have listed.

For the 2 you stated, it comes down to either using the hub, charging only 1 battery at a time, or multiple chargers (which would cost a lot more), charging one battery per charger.

I use my car charger to keep all three batteries charged, then use the drone batteries to charge other devices. Be aware that the batteries discharge to I think 2/3rds capacity if not used in ten days.
2017-2-16
Use props
RearViewMirror
lvl.4
United States

I'm fine with the charging hub that I received with the Fly More Combo. Yes it only charges in series but I'm used to that with the charging hub for the Inspire. The batteries charge faster with the Mavic than the Inspire (which is to be expected)  and with the longer flight times of the Mavic three batteries nets me an hour in the air as opposed to four with the Inspire. Add to that, I generally charge batteries with the car charger while traveling from one shoot to the next (or when the car is turned off since the port is hot all the time) so I almost always have a battery ready to go. Makes all day shoots easy.

I also tend to stick to DJI branded accessories. Not saying the non-branded items out there don't work but I feel a little bit secure knowing that DJI specifically made these item for a specific purpose. I would rather not take a chance on something that may or may not work as advertised.
2017-2-16
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

been using this for about three weeks now. Zero issues/working perfectly
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-in1-Mu ... :g:FOsAAOSw4DJYicYf
2017-2-16
Use props
Jamesjts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 916578 ft
United States

Drowned Phantom 3A and trying to figure what I can recycle if I get a Mavic to place it. Is there an adapter available that I can use on a multi-charger for a phantom 3 to charge Mavic batteries?
2017-7-22
Use props
Tekameleon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1308291 ft
Canada

Jamesjts Posted at 2017-7-22 15:29
Drowned Phantom 3A and trying to figure what I can recycle if I get a Mavic to place it. Is there an adapter available that I can use on a multi-charger for a phantom 3 to charge Mavic batteries?

You can use the Advanced Charging Hub with the Phantom Power-Supply

2017-7-23
Use props
Jeff7577
First Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-2-16 10:43
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-in1-Multi-Battery-Charging-Hub-Intelligent-Battery-Charger-for-DJI-Mavic-Pro-/272535265666?hash=item3f745e2182:g:FOsAAOSw4DJYicYf

This is the best!
2017-7-23
Use props
Jamesjts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 916578 ft
United States

Thanks for the reply. Basically I already have a charger that will charge all 4 P3 batteries at the same time (15% to full about 1.5 hrs all 4), and wanted to see if and adapter of sort that I could use that on a Mavic battery, but does not seem so, probably do to  voltage/current differences of batteries. So if i get Mavic will most likely go with your suggestion, thank you again for the response.
2017-7-24
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-2-16 10:43
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-in1-Multi-Battery-Charging-Hub-Intelligent-Battery-Charger-for-DJI-Mavic-Pro-/272535265666?hash=item3f745e2182:g:FOsAAOSw4DJYicYf

That's the one I have.  Works perfectly & you can't beat the price!
2017-7-24
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can always pick up a non-DJI multicharger that charges up to 3 Mavic batteries, the controller, & your device, concurrently.  I have one & it works great.  Under $50.
2017-7-24
Use props
Sweetumitha
New

United States

I was using so many cables and many adapters for every device and then one day while searching for solution found this blog post where I loved this 7 port multi device charging station Multi device charging station multi port. I have this 7 port station and I must say this is time saving and must have accessory for every one.  
I would also suggest to buy the higher number ports charging station though you have low number of devices as after few days you wont regret !
Here is the blog post  powerbanktalk.com/best-usb-multi-phone-charging-station-docking
2019-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules