1532 7 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Hey fellow pilots,
I just switched from a Samsung 8" tablet to a nvidia 8" tablet. On the Samsung I could see both the radar and the map at the same time (one in each lower corner). Now on the K1 they are in the same spot and I have to switch back and forth. I can drag the histogram around no problem but not the radar or map and I do not find any options in the menus yet.
Anyone know if there is a shortcut for that? I think on the Samsung it just opened that way from the beginning.
I started out using the S5 phone and it was that was that way but as it had less real estate, that made sense.
Wish there was a detailed instruction book for the GO app.

Thanks!

2017-2-15
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

I flew for the first time today with a new Nvidia Shield K1 and noticed the same thing.  I am using GO APP 3.1.3 Android with a Phantom 3 Standard.  I do not mind switching but find it interesting that there would be such a difference simply by using a different Android viewing device.  I wonder if it is the new Android version I moved from a device using 4.2 to the Nvidia K1 running on Android 5.X.  I too would like to have access to GO APP instructions.
2017-2-22
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
United States

JackA Posted at 2017-2-22 18:09
I flew for the first time today with a new Nvidia Shield K1 and noticed the same thing.  I am using GO APP 3.1.3 Android with a Phantom 3 Standard.  I do not mind switching but find it interesting that there would be such a difference simply by using a different Android viewing device.  I wonder if it is the new Android version I moved from a device using 4.2 to the Nvidia K1 running on Android 5.X.  I too would like to have access to GO APP instructions.

I got my Samsung back from repair yesterday. I loaded Go from the play store and it still has the map and radar in separate locations. I was planning to take a picture side-by-side but haven't yet. Both Tabs are running the latest version of Go.
2017-2-23
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
United States

How do you compare the Nvidia K1 to the Samsung 8" tablet for flying?
2017-2-25
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
United States

JackA Posted at 2017-2-25 11:05
How do you compare the Nvidia K1 to the Samsung 8" tablet for flying?

Honestly they both perform well. The k1 is easier to get connected.  The Samsung I just have to turn it on last to connect.
2017-2-25
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

I have a Nexus 7 2nd gen, and it has always had only one at a time (lower left corner). I always thought you needed a 9" screen to get them to display both at the same time. But being you using an 8" screen with your two different devices, maybe their not really the very same size (like a fraction of an inch) different and your right at the line in size.
2017-3-5
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2017-3-5 17:45
I have a Nexus 7 2nd gen, and it has always had only one at a time (lower left corner). I always thought you needed a 9" screen to get them to display both at the same time. But being you using an 8" screen with your two different devices, maybe their not really the very same size (like a fraction of an inch) different and your right at the line in size.

You may have hit the point on screen size being the factor.  I had these in two separate locations on the screen when is was using a 10" tablet as the viewing device.  It was different when I started using the dedicated K1 which is only 8 ".
2017-3-5
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2017-3-5 17:45

This is probably the issue. Both tabs are rated at 8 inches but they seem different, maybe slightly different aspect ratios.
2017-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules