Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Geofencing question
807 7 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi,

Later this year I'll be filming a race the runway event at Leuchars airforce base in Scotland, no aircraft will be flying during this event. The first time this event was run was last year and I had full permission from the base to perform aerial filming at this closed event. My concern this year is I'll be using my new inspire2 and Leuchars is a red zone which says it can't be unlocked. Will I not be able to take off in this location? How can I ensure my inspire will be able to fly?

Thanks for any assistance.

Here's the link to last years event if anyone is interested Shot with Osmo+, Canon C100 and Phantom2.

John.
2017-2-15
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

I visited the Red Arrows base in Lincoln and the I2 wouldn't fly, simply refused to lift off. I could use it as a manual ground camera. I could even get the props to spin but no lift off.
Also beware those big radar systems can play havoc with the R/C
2017-2-15
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

disconect the gps and fly in atti. or put a tin foil disc over the gps to hide the signal... nah seriously can you not ask DJI to lift the no fly zone so you can fly safely?
2017-2-16
Use props
fanse186c04e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

do not use DJI app in this case an start Autoflight logic or something else , that worked for me
2017-2-16
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I want to use spotlight pro etc so need to be able to use dji software, Can anyone from DJI comment if red zones can be unlocked?

John.
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You would have to look into getting permission from the FlySafe team directly via flysafe@dji.com.
2017-2-16
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks Jamie
2017-2-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You're welcome, they would be able to sort this out for you.
2017-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules