DJI GS Pro (Pros and Con )
1812 4 2017-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marcellopozzett
lvl.1
Flight distance : 541765 ft
United Kingdom

I have used GS Pro now in few occasions and generally I have positive things to say about it.
I am aware of few little issues that I hope they will be iron out with future ( I hope soon) updates.
One issue that really concerns me is the fact that I could not find the way to "re-fly" an already completed and saved mission .
I needed to do so as having completed a 3d mapping, I wanted to repeat it with different camera setting.
I am using Inspire Pro with X5.
When I recalled the saved mission,to repeat it,  a box popped up asking me to confirm the camera in use  ( Zenmuse X5 with 15mm lens).
When I tried to reselect "Zenmuse X5 15mm" it prompted me another box saying  "you cannot editi saved missions" and the STRART FLIGHT button stayed greyed out.
In order to repeat the mission, I had to replot a new flight with the same parameters which was tedious and time consuming.
Also the sliders for alt...etc...are too sensitive and it takes long time if you need to dial a specific number.
In case of repeating the parameters of the previous flight where alt was 40 mt, it took me age to have this digit as the slider is too sensitive.
Also noticed, once to swith to F position on controller and start pre flight check, transmitting data (which is the last task before allowing take off) take ages.
At one point I rebooted GS Pro and eventually transferred datas after about 6 or 7 minutes.
Also I wish to have included in one of next upgrades, the possibility to be able to control camera setting via this program instead of having to do it via Dji Go before hand.
Does anyone feel the same?

2017-2-16
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

I have not experienced that particular issue but have only used it 3 times. Once with my P4P which seemed to work fairly well. The other 2 flights were with my Inspire 2 and I had the following issues;

1) Could not adjust the focus and it appears that it was set for close up. All video from both I2 flights is badly out of focus. I have to figure this out first. Anyone know how to focus in this app?
2) Some waypoint actions were ignored on the first run. I inserted additional and longer delays (Hover for 5 seconds) at each waypoint before the 2nd flight and this issue did not reappear.
3) Some pans seem a little abrupt. I would understand if I was having the camera pan 180-degrees within a few feet but even with a 90-degree pan over 200 feet was not as smooth as I would like
2017-2-16
Use props
marcellopozzett
lvl.1
Flight distance : 541765 ft
United Kingdom

1) Could not adjust the focus and it appears that it was set for close up. All video from both I2 flights is badly out of focus. I have to figure this out first. Anyone know how to focus in this app?

I do the focusing with DJI go , just take off on DJI Go.... fly straight up at the alt of the mission, focus and land.
Quit GO
Swith to F
Start GS Pro  ... etc....
2017-2-16
Use props
ArtursJu
New
Latvia

marcellopozzett Posted at 2017-2-16 08:12

I do the focusing with DJI go , just take off on DJI Go.... fly straight up at the alt of the mission, focus and land.

And focus works fine?
2017-4-20
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

marcellopozzett Posted at 2017-2-16 08:12

So, this app can only be used for missions that don't require a focus change? I understand that most missions will fall into this category (most will probably be focused at infinity) but this is a pain.
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules